Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Lid

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP Lid

It seems a little loose in the back where the tabs slide in...almost like it needs something to hold it down a little bit. I'm just worried about sucking in a bunch of dirt. Anybody else have this problem, or am I just paranoid?
Old 07-29-2006, 11:15 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Paranoia is the first thing to happen to new "modders". You got a picture we can take a look at? I would bet that it you shorten your bellow that it would slide into the tabs based on what you are saying. But then again it sounds like you are saying two different things. Please clarify so we can help out more.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:23 PM
12 Second Club

Mine is fine.

You should ditch the lid and run a volant intake anyway.

j/k

Post up some pics.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my TSP lid was the same way, loose on the back. i had to really play with it until it fit tight. like orangepeel said, you might have to trim the bellow alittle.

did you have to drill a hole if yours for the intake air temp sensor? i did, i though that it was pretty stupid it didn't already come with a hole!
Old 07-29-2006, 11:38 PM
12 Second Club

Hmmm, mine came with the IAT hole.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Well, I don't have any pics, but the problem is that it has tabs at the back of the lid. The slots that the tabs slide into are quite a bit larger than the tabs, therefore the tabs aren't really pressing the lid into the seal around the edge of the lid very hard. It still seems to be touching the seal, but I can push down on the lid and make it sit tighter against the seal. Just checking if anybody else has this problem, and if they do, what they did to correct it. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Addict

Same thing here. I think if you found some kind of shim that would wedge in tight it would push it down all the way. Then again I think it is the neck on the lid itself that pushes it up.

Also no hole for the IAT, here is what I did about that:

Old 07-30-2006, 09:48 PM
12 Second Club

you should try getting the lid for you yr car i dont think that the iat is suppose to be like that.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

XRno1, on mine we had to take tray that the filter sits in out and make sure that it was sitting properly into the lower intake box. getting everything seated properly didn't make it tight, but made it seal enough that i could be happy with it.

BlackHawkTA, when i called TSP and said why does my lid not have a whole, they said "well, some MAFs have the IAT built into them now, so some cars don't need the hole for the IAT."
i believe that the hole was 11/16
basically i thought that was stupid, because i have NEVER seen a MAF with a IAT built into it for F-bodies.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:24 PM
Teching In

I ordered my stuff over the phone, and they asked me if my lid would need the hole for the IAT sensor. I said yes, and it arrived at my house with a hole that looked like they had cut it with a sawzall. Fortunately, the sensor has that rubber gasket around it so when I transferred it the poor quality of the hole doesn't seem to affect the seal.