Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Dual problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 03:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question True Dual problem

I just put in some pacesetter headers and TSP True duals and i am having some problems. The exhaust is very crooked, and hangs very very low.

I do not have a camera that i can use right now, but i this is an example on another car of what it looks like:

credit for picture: UMI Performance

I cant see anywhere for the muffler brackets to bolt up to also. There is less than an inch of clearance between the tips and the ground where it is right now. I tried searching but didnt come up with anything. I am pretty sure that all of the pipes are put in as far as possible but i can always check again.

Thanks
Old 08-08-2006, 03:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

This should help

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/406318-my-long-review-qtp-1-3-4-lt-s-tsp-3-true-dual-system-lots-o-pics.html

If it's crooked that just means that one of your pipes going into the X is farther in than the other one. These things are kind of a bitch to get right and have decent clearance but they are well worth the effort. Just make sure your x isn't upside down and follow the install guide to the T. You should be fine.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea the first time i insatlled mine i put the x on upside down and had to take it all apart... and as for as the mounting brackets go, i had to bend them and then mount them to the underside on the rar seats. be careful if you try to bend the mounts, heat them up real good first that way you wont have to really pound on them to get them to bend.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2000WS6TA
yea the first time i insatlled mine i put the x on upside down and had to take it all apart... and as for as the mounting brackets go, i had to bend them and then mount them to the underside on the rar seats. be careful if you try to bend the mounts, heat them up real good first that way you wont have to really pound on them to get them to bend.

yup, my x pipe was upside down and everything was hanging low, changed it around and it tucks up nicely, i also bent the hanger brackets on the mufflers to mount them on the rear seats.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

i have the exact setup and had the same problem, all i did was pull the fuel line out of the bracket, loosen the bracket and flipped them , reinstalled the fuel lines and that alone gave me about 3/4 to an inch more clearance, then i cut the hanger and shortened it and used a jack to hold it in place and move it up higher and then rewelded it......If the driver side is still lower, just heat up the pipe behind the muffler on the pass. side , stick a crobar in it and bend it down until its even......It take some time, and dont be scared to do some banging
Old 08-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Teching In

The exhaust is all done now and tucks up quite nicely, thanks for the help guys.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:36 AM
12 Second Club

is it loud?
Old 08-10-2006, 12:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BuBbABFP
is it loud?
Yep
Old 08-10-2006, 04:18 AM
On The Tree