LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

ATTN: Bill @ Hi-Flo

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN: Bill @ Hi-Flo

Bill,

I cannot get ahold of you and I don't feel safe driving my car. After having it for almost a year, I asked Hi-Flo to return it back to stock give it back. That took 3 months and it STILL isn't right. Today while driving to the emissions place, it threw P1133 (O2S Insufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1). I am going to assume since the exhaust manifolds were off, you guys just picked up any old O2 sensor and threw it on when you were re-doing it. Like many other parts on my car that I noticed. Thankfully you have made those right, and I expect you will fix these issues.

The current problem besides the O2 is the exhaust is really hacked up and it rubs on the rear bumper. While driving it sounds like a tin can with BB's rattling around in it, and it also leaks. Upon cold starts it pukes fluid by your welds. Even on hot starts, it leaks a little. You told me you personally took care of it, I was expecting it to look and function like stock like it should.

Here is a link to the picture of the welds, in high resolution. If you see at the bottom, there is a puddle of fluid on my driveway.

http://www.dos.org/tony/formula/DSCF1680.JPG

Here is a link to my gallery.

http://www.dos.org/tony/formula/

The scratches were never there of course, and you can see I started it hot when it made that puddle.

I know we discussed the scratches, but we never really got into any compensation. The whole goal of you guys (Hi-Flo) using my car as a prototype was that I would get a turbo kit at the end. You got to use my car for a year and I have lost a great deal of money because of that.

Please contact me so we can discuss fixing my exhaust, getting a O2 sensor, proper plug wires, sticker for the fuse box cover, cover for the computer, and most importantly a turbo kit. Atleast the hot side parts. I'm not sure what to do at this point, everyone I talk to says go to a lawyer. I do not want to have to do this.

Thank you,

Tony
Old 08-17-2006, 02:58 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I think Tony has been more than accomodating on all of this stuff Marko/ Bill.

ADMIN
Old 08-17-2006, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I think Tony has been more than accomodating on all of this stuff Marko/ Bill.

ADMIN
Thank you John. I think I have been giving them MORE than enough time. Finally it got to the point where I wanted my car back, stock, like I brought it there. The car has 8800 miles on it.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill-
compensate the man for having his car for 12 months(1 year), using it as a template for your systems, and returning it to him in a worse condition than which you received it.
To my knowledge, he has nothing but a run-around from you.

Am I correct?
Old 08-18-2006, 09:41 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Bill can't reply to this thread FYI.

Bill said that Tony was going to sell his HP Tuners cable to Hi-Flo but that changed.

Seems to me that Tony should still get some compensation for the downtime, it was for sure over 10 months.

ADMIN
Old 08-18-2006, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Bill can't reply to this thread FYI.

Bill said that Tony was going to sell his HP Tuners cable to Hi-Flo but that changed.

Seems to me that Tony should still get some compensation for the downtime, it was for sure over 10 months.

ADMIN
My HPTuners cable isn't for sale. At one point in mid spring, Marko wanted to borrow it for tuning customer cars, but that never materialized. At this point I have no interest in letting anyone but myself use it.

I would like something for the fact that they had my car for a full year (august to august), and it came back damaged. This was not some beater, and Marko promised it wouldn't be treated that way.

Also I paid for full coverage on it the whole time. I really don't want to make a claim to have anything paint wise fixed, nothing will ever match up.

I'm pretty fucked here, Bill PM me please so I can get the rest of the parts. I am going to have someone else put the exhaust back to stock next week.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Veteran

You may not want to make a claim with your insurance and we all understand that end of it, however, it may be in your best interest to talk to your insurance company about the paint matter as it was not your fault. The deductible, if any, is something you can persue with Bill @ HiFlo.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't persue anything with bill if he doesn't return emails, PM's, phone calls and is generally out of reach to the members of LS1tech that crossed paths(spent money) with him and Marko.

Man this gets better and better everyday
Old 08-19-2006, 12:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Can't persue anything with bill if he doesn't return emails, PM's, phone calls and is generally out of reach to the members of LS1tech that crossed paths(spent money) with him and Marko.

Man this gets better and better everyday
It could be a lien if it comes to that, response or no. Once an insurance company is involved *they* will be hunting for Bill to respond as well, if there is none they have rather deep pockets to persue the matter legally.

That generally gets the attention of anyone.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Did they JB Weld your exhaust? Have you tried showing up at the shop and talking to Bill?
Old 08-21-2006, 03:55 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

That is exhaust you supplied right Tony?

Hi-Flo has to figure out something with you, that would be the only right thing to do.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

That is exhaust you supplied right Tony?

Hi-Flo has to figure out something with you, that would be the only right thing to do.
Only thing on there that I supplied is the catalytic converters, the catback was on the car. The Y pipe was given to Bill by someone who also took his car out of the shop. Both the I pipe and Y pipe have to be replaced in order to bring it back to stock. I located a I pipe and someone who will weld it on, I'm still looking for a Y pipe.

I think I am going to have to go through my insurance company since Bill hasn't responded to my last PM. I'm doubt I will see a penny or a turbo kit from Hi-Flo at this point, even though that would be the right thing for them to do.