Dissatisfied customer with the lack of professionalism by Strictly Performance!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Dissatisfied customer with the lack of professionalism by Strictly Performance!

First off, let me say I have had most of my work in the past done at Strictly Performance with out many issues. They had worked on my 01 GT, my 04 Cobra and recently finished my ’95 GT, 347 stroker project. In addition, Strictly had also done some work on one of my friend’s car. I enjoyed the company of Richard and their employees including the “Master Mechanic” Greg. But today Richard made one unforgivable and unprofessional business mistake.

I have done some of the work on my 04 Cobra…shifter, cold air intake, as well as exhaust work done by Mark of Deer Park Muffler. As for Strictly, I bought and had Richard install a used 3.1 pulley and new Predator tuner. Right after my 95 project was completed, I sold my Ford GT500 Powerlease and bought a new polished Whipple from a Ford Racing Dealer in Michigan that posts on SVT for $3100.

When I contacted Anthony, the sales rep at Strictly to see about installing the Whipple, Anthony said they were too busy. I confirmed this with Greg, who stated to me that Richard’s race car was deemed priority #1. After finding out my wife was pregnant, I noticed our 95’s AC wasn’t working properly. And my wife having to travel 80 miles roundtrip for work, I told Anthony I would need a 2-day install. Knowing that Richard’s race car, as well as a few of their more “well-off” customers was getting priority #1, I realized that getting a 2-day install at Strictly was not going to happen. So I called a few other area shops about repairing the AC. I was also taking quotes at this time for the installation of my Whipple on the ’04 Cobra.

For the Whipple, I was quoted $1000 for the install and tune at Strictly, $600 at Geforce and $450 at PSI. After searching this site and one other, it looked as though a fair price would be in the neighborhood of $500. Geforce stated they could do a 2-day install, but only during the week. This was a problem as I needed an “in Thursday, out Saturday install”. Plus, I had a SCT tuner that could be used at either Geforce or PSI, as both are SCT authorized dealers. Strictly, however, is a Diablo dealer and being that I did not want to void my warranty on the ’04 Cobra by installing a Diablo chip, I opted to take my business to PSI and in the process saved $400 to $500 over Strictly…which brings us to today…

…Being an HSE manager for the company I work for, I was attending a seminar close to Strictly. Once the seminar was over, I went to visit them to ask about a part they were to have ordered for me over 4 1/2 months ago and to drop off some FREE car cleaning products one of our sister company produces, valued at over $400, for Saul, their now no-longer-employed-at-Strictly car detailer. When entering the shop area, I headed over to talk to Greg and Anthony. After a few minutes of small talk, I proceeded to asked Anthony about the back-up sensor for the ’95 he was to have purchased for me months ago. This is the part I was referring to above. After sensing something wasn’t right, Anthony proceeded to sarcastically tell me that he never bought it and maybe I should go ask the guys at PSI to buy and install it since they installed my Whipple. He also said that the only reason I was at Strictly was to spy on them for PSI, as though I was some street racer or something. He also asked how much horsepower I was getting out of my Whipple. I told him the Cobra was making 550 horses with a 13 lb. pulley. He chuckled, saying that I should be making at least 600 horses. If anyone knows of a Cobra owner making 600 horses or more on a stock long block, with a 13 lb. pulley on a KB or Whipple, please, let me know, because I seriously doubt you will find somebody that has one that does.

At this point, Richard came into the shop. After congregating for a few minutes with Anthony and a few others of his employees, I ask him where Saul was because I had the products Saul had asked for. At this point, Richard told me that his shop didn’t need any of my ****, as he so eloquently put it. Furthermore, he stated that if anything were to happen to any of my cars, such as an engine blowing or additional performance parts, he or anyone at Strictly was not going to work on them. He then stated that I should get in my truck and leave as I told him that he is right about the fact I was never bringing my cars to his shop again.

Although I wish no ill-will to the guys at Strictly, especially Greg, who is a top-notch guy, I can and will no longer recommend their services or spend one more cent at their shop. The unprofessional demeanor Richard & Anthony demonstrated to me today because of finding a better price elsewhere was uncalled for. In fact, even though I also received a quote from PSI to buy and put the 347 Stroker into the ’95, I still took my business to Strictly. Did PSI have a problem with that? No, they didn’t. And because of the professionalism they have demonstrated since the installation of the Whipple towards me and my wife, they will continue to receive any and all future business from us.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 08-17-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

cliff notes?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:59 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That sucks, dont believe they are a site sponsor on here. The most I ever dealt with Strictly was filling the bottle on my old room mates Vette.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
cliff notes?
He went to a different shop because his "regular" shop was busy plus the other shop had a better price and his "regular" shop got all pissy and told him never to come back
Old 08-17-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01ArcticSS
He went to a different shop because his "regular" shop was busy and his "regular" shop got all pissy and told him never to come back
Thanks
Old 08-17-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
Thanks

Sure...I can't believe I read it anyway - I don't have any money for mods

Just signed up for night classes...only 34 more after these first two and I'll have an engineering degree!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:15 PM
13 Second Club

Richard called a friend of mine setting up a dyno day and threatened to kick his *** because he left Strictly off the list of shops.

He makes some power (not very safe) but doesn't have very good customer service.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah me and Richard go way back I testafied against him in court. He sold my friend a bad motor... well the wrong motor he paid for a top of the line 347 long block with R block etc. and ended up with a ford motorsports stroker kit.

Thomas
Old 08-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1LSWON
Yeah me and Richard go way back I testafied against him in court. He sold my friend a bad motor... well the wrong motor he paid for a top of the line 347 long block with R block etc. and ended up with a ford motorsports stroker kit.

Thomas
What ever happen with that? The 347 block I bought was the one I believe your friend had. I paid $700 for it and sent it to USA Racing. It had two burned up pistions.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:46 PM
Texas Director

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Strictly, but shouldn't this be posted on a Mustang website instead of LS1Tech?
Old 08-17-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmiller
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Strictly, but shouldn't this be posted on a Mustang website instead of LS1Tech?
yeah no ****,
Old 08-17-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Veteran

This sounds like a bitch fest.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Soundsl ike a hell of a review, thanks for keeping us posted.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Teching In

My next add on will prob be a 01 - 04 Z06 and alot of people I know have many different cars Cobra's, Z06's, Z28 ect & this is the Texas section and just giving my thoughts on a Texas shop for anyone who wants to read.

Unit has a cobra and is a moderator in the kill section your point is? I guess he should not be a mod or post about Mustangs because this is ls1tech!

I will see some of yall on the gtown cruise.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by TXTerminator
My next add on will prob be a 01 - 04 Z06 and alot of people I know have many different cars Cobra's, Z06's, Z28 ect & this is the Texas section and just giving my thoughts on a Texas shop for anyone who wants to read.

Unit has a cobra and is a moderator in the kill section your point is? I guess he should not be a mod or post about Mustangs because this is ls1tech!

I will see some of yall on the gtown cruise.
I'm not trying to step on your toes man. I'm just saying that this is pretty much a GM specific site, hence the LS1 in LS1Tech.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol Gray is a supermod and has never owned an LS1
Old 08-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Mustang Moderator

Very informative post, thank you for that.

Yes, its an LS1 site, but many of us DO own Mustangs as well. Me included. I tend to do all the work I can myself, though(except gear swaps....no thanks!)

Arron
Old 08-17-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
lol Gray is a supermod and has never owned an LS1
supermod? so he has super powers or sumthin?
Old 08-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Teching In

I'm not trying to step on your toes man. I'm just saying that this is pretty much a GM specific site, hence the LS1 in LS1Tech.
No problem I just have a case of the RED ***!

Also its just about time for some college football then I will be ok! HOOK EM

Quick Reply: Dissatisfied customer with the lack of professionalism by Strictly Performance!