Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fuel Rail Covers Will Not Fit? Any Help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Rail Covers Will Not Fit? Any Help?

My Fiance ended up getting me some Corvette LS1 fuel rail covers for my birthday back in January and just the other day I decided to install them. To my suprise they are not fitting in the car. She got them from Summit racing and talked to the guys on the phone and told him that I have a 2000 LS1 in a TA WS6. He said they will fit. I dont think so. What can I do to get these fit, or do I have to send them back. Do any of these covers fit. Its seems like there is not enough clearance to get them under. Any advice helps, she is kinda sad I never got them on, can a LS1 brother save me?

Mike
Old 08-19-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

First turn them over and post up the parts # off the back of the cover.

Next if they were bought from Summit, those guys have NO clue as to whether it would fit an FBody LS1. It was a quick sale for them.

You will have to make some fairly major cuts in the back of each cover and on the front of the passenger side cover for the throttle body bracket. Otherwise, you will never get them on .

This is basically the cuts you will need to make:

Bryan
parbreak
Old 08-19-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gotta notch'em like par said
Old 08-19-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by parbreak
First turn them over and post up the parts # off the back of the cover.

Next if they were bought from Summit, those guys have NO clue as to whether it would fit an FBody LS1. It was a quick sale for them.

You will have to make some fairly major cuts in the back of each cover and on the front of the passenger side cover for the throttle body bracket. Otherwise, you will never get them on .

This is basically the cuts you will need to make:

Bryan
parbreak
The part # is >PA66-GF14< 12564257 RED 12561503 BLACK

Parbreak....If these arent the right ones where can I get the right ones. I never looked for these but like I said my fiance heard me talking about them and did her own work, call summit and they probably screwed her. I got all the shipping stuff to send it back, thing is will they replace it, she ordered these back in NOV 05. What do you think.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:45 PM
TECH Addict

Correct GM part #'s for what you need are:

Fuel Rail Cover: (LS1): 12556455 Passenger Side
Fuel Rail Cover: (LS1): 12559261 Driver Side

The 12559261 is from a 1998 Corvette and has the 2 fuel line slits already molded into from the factory.

I really feel bad when folks buy the wrong covers, and a lot do because some of the sales people don't know their *ss from a hole in the ground.

I'm getting ready to start a batch of 15 custom sets and could take one out of the batch and send to you if you want. I'm not going to list pricing on here out of respect to our sponsors but you can PM me if you want. It will be the same or cheaper than the Summit covers and already cut to fit.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 08-19-2006, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

As for cutting them I really didn't have to cut mine. I will have to take some pics and post them up. But XtinctZ28 and I managed to get them under all of the lines and wires. It just takes time and some determination.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Correct GM part #'s for what you need are:

Fuel Rail Cover: (LS1): 12556455 Passenger Side
Fuel Rail Cover: (LS1): 12559261 Driver Side

The 12559261 is from a 1998 Corvette and has the 2 fuel line slits already molded into from the factory.

I really feel bad when folks buy the wrong covers, and a lot do because some of the sales people don't know their *ss from a hole in the ground.

I'm getting ready to start a batch of 15 custom sets and could take one out of the batch and send to you if you want. I'm not going to list pricing on here out of respect to our sponsors but you can PM me if you want. It will be the same or cheaper than the Summit covers and already cut to fit.

Bryan
parbreak
Thank you so much for your help I appreciate it very much. I feel bad for my fiance, they kinda screwed her over too. She has been hinting for me to do this and ive been slacking off for a while. So she will be happy im getting the ball rolling. PM sent.

Originally Posted by blackraven
As for cutting them I really didn't have to cut mine. I will have to take some pics and post them up. But XtinctZ28 and I managed to get them under all of the lines and wires. It just takes time and some determination.
See I tried this, but once I cut my had on one of those sharp screw things that come down from the top and I started to strain some lines, I gave up. I didnt want to make something come loose and cut me open any more than I had too. Not alot of room in our cars bays. I dont want to cut it up either. Summits going to get these back.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smokin02WS6
See I tried this, but once I cut my had on one of those sharp screw things that come down from the top and I started to strain some lines, I gave up. I didnt want to make something come loose and cut me open any more than I had too. Not alot of room in our cars bays. I dont want to cut it up either. Summits going to get these back.
You should pop up those pine tree fasteners that hold the hood molding to the cowl. If you don't you will mess up your hands and scratch your covers.

Here are the above FRC's installed on my car.

Old 08-20-2006, 02:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how do u go about finding where to cut them? i have a pair of gto ones ive been wanting to put on for months.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
how do u go about finding where to cut them? i have a pair of gto ones ive been wanting to put on for months.

GTO covers are a whole different animal.. Not sure where to cut them to get them to fit.

Bryan
Old 08-20-2006, 04:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

GTO covers are a whole different animal.. Not sure where to cut them to get them to fit.

Bryan
so i hear

Quick Reply: Fuel Rail Covers Will Not Fit? Any Help?