Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Sumitomo HTR Z's Discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sumitomo HTR Z's Discontinued?

I went to Discount Tire Company down the road to order a couple 315/35/17 Sumitomo HTR Z's for my newly aquired 17x11 ZR-1's today. Seeing that they don't carry that brand, they had to call around to some Sumitomo dealers to get me some. After talking with a few of them, all but one (Tire Rack) had them. And the ones that didn't have them said they couldn't get any...They were discontinued. I apparently had snagged two of the last few that Tire Rack had too. Does anyone know anything about this? These tires really appealed to me because of their price (that's really about it other than their size), and I might just keep continuing to buy them. But if they are discontinued, then...
Old 08-26-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hope they are those tires suck, but your right if your on a budget they are cheap
Old 08-26-2006, 10:57 PM
11 Second Club

I have sumitomo's on my firebird and they suck. I will refuse to buy anything from that company again.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thank God!!! I just got rid of a set they were the worst tire Ive ever owned! It wasnt even worth the price. Get some bfg gforce kd. There pricey but very nice tire.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

I was expecting a little bit different response than that considering so many people buy them. I'm only buying them for their width. I am going to be putting some drag radials on my old ZR-1's if I am in need of some traction. So these Sumitomos are only for looks (even though they don't really look all that cool). But yeah, I thought I would just bring it up to see if anyone knew if that was true?

Also, what kind of mileage are people getting out of these? I am hoping for somewhat okay mileage since this is my daily driver...
Old 08-27-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

they still have them at tirerack for 107 each (315s)

i have them on mine - and they are decent. i'd like more traction, but that could be my lack of suspension to make up for lowering her as well.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Veteran

I've got them. For the $$ they're hard to beat. If I want the car to hook, I'll buy some more Prostars and put DRs on them. As far as daily driving, they serve their intended purpose for me.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS69TA
I've got them. For the $$ they're hard to beat. If I want the car to hook, I'll buy some more Prostars and put DRs on them. As far as daily driving, they serve their intended purpose for me.
That's what I was trying to get to. I am only using these tires as a daily-driver. For their price, I see nothing wrong with them. But if they only last 10,000 miles, then I will retract that statement...
Old 08-27-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
they still have them at tirerack for 107 each (315s)

i have them on mine - and they are decent. i'd like more traction, but that could be my lack of suspension to make up for lowering her as well.
Yeah, I bought the tires from Discount Tire. But they ordered them from Tire Rack for me.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

I have them on the back of mine for past 4 mos. They are ok for daily driver. I haven't spun out in the rain with them, course I have only been caught in the rain twice. For the price, you can't beat them. I had to get them because the BFG 315s were out of stock everywhere and I couldn't wait to put TTIIs on. Don't expect much out of them and they will be ok.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:51 AM
Launching!

They were sopose to discontinue the Z's a long time ago. I guess they were selling all the extra's that they had. I never did like the Z's, but the Sumo Z II's are some nice tires.

Quick Reply: Sumitomo HTR Z's Discontinued?