Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My formula killin a stang GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My formula killin a stang GT

Last night at about 9:30 me and my buddy were cruisin around town. We decided we would go to sonic to get a drink so were ordering drinks and a 2005 mustang GT with the elenor body kit pulls up next to me. I got my drinks and went to drive off, he didn't even order! He came in just to race me. He follows me out and pulls up next to me we drive down the road some and wait till its clear. He says lets go from a stop so we stop and he says "Ill go on you" LOL. So i slam it spinning them threw 1st and into second (still running on stock tires) he got smoked must i say SMOKED. We turned around and ran again on 3 honks from a 30 roll i pulled hard i had him by about 4 cars at 80MPH. It blows my mind that these kids spend 25k for these new mustang GTs and then pay another 4500 for that body kit and he got smoked by a 6800 dollar car... This kind of stuff right here changes my whole out look on mustangs enless its an older foxbody or a cobra i just think there pathetic for the money people spend on them...
Old 09-19-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree. THey are still going for close to 30 around here.....30k for a high 13 second car....no thanks. That added weight did nothing but hurt him, unless he had some mods.

I wouldn't discredit them too soon though. There are ALOT of aftermarket items for them, and don't take much to be a low 13, high 12 car...trapping a tad less than an LS1....in other words..they make easy sleepers for a driver's race against an LS.

BTW - why only fear cobra's or Foxes......are Machs not good enough....Just kidding.

Nice run BTW.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:51 AM
Staging Lane

Well i can tell u y i would pay 25k for a mustang if i would have... U may have paid 6800 bucks but u dont know how it was driven before... U dont have a warranty.... u may have the new car smell but u dont have a "new" car... its kinda like asking y buy a new GTO instead of buying a older ls1 f-body... im not trying to give justice for ppl that buy a mustang im just saying i think its retarded to say oh i only paid 6800 for my car and its only 10 years old and im faster then u.. its like me buying a $500 laser with awd and putting a $2000 motor in it that produces 460 hp and saying i dont know y u paid 6800 bucks for that car its slow.. u know what i mean :p but good kill i hate most mustangs anyway
Old 09-20-2006, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

i know what you mean in a way... You make a valid point with the laser comment but... Does a laser look good? does a laser sound good? I mean come on now. My body doesnt have one dent in it and the paint is perfect the guy i bought it from was 68 years old 1 owner the whole time. The car is bone stock my guess would be he wasnt much into racing. He did put 104k on the car but i do believe him when he says those are 70 percent highway miles. This car was always kept in a garage not even drivin for the past 2 years lol. He put a bra on the front of it when he bought it and never took it off. I took it off i mean is nice. The inside is leather 10 speaker monsoon its not a piece of junk like a $500 laser would be. I know the new mustangs probably have nice systems stock and nice interior but... your sarcasm is obsurd. Your just like one of my buddies saying stuff like that it's nothing but arrogance.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

Good Kills... I don't get to read to many Formula kills.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

formula FWIW, you'll find that most people on this board don't like the "you paid so much more for your car than I did" kind of thinking.
youll do better to leave prices out of your racing stories...

Good kill though, spanking fords is fun for sure
Old 09-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1998Ls1Formula
i know what you mean in a way... You make a valid point with the laser comment but... Does a laser look good? does a laser sound good? I mean come on now. My body doesnt have one dent in it and the paint is perfect the guy i bought it from was 68 years old 1 owner the whole time. The car is bone stock my guess would be he wasnt much into racing. He did put 104k on the car but i do believe him when he says those are 70 percent highway miles. This car was always kept in a garage not even drivin for the past 2 years lol. He put a bra on the front of it when he bought it and never took it off. I took it off i mean is nice. The inside is leather 10 speaker monsoon its not a piece of junk like a $500 laser would be. I know the new mustangs probably have nice systems stock and nice interior but... your sarcasm is obsurd. Your just like one of my buddies saying stuff like that it's nothing but arrogance.
In no way was i degrading ur car... And a man of 68 yrs old usually has kids and im sure they have had thier fun in it also but all that a side i have no reason to say ur car is this or is that im sure its a great car and im glad u found it at that price... and as i said before congrats on the kill.. Now with all that aside.. the guy that says he doesnt get to read many kills from formulas will change soon now that i seen what my car does in the 1/4 ill have atleast 2-4 kill stories every saturday night untill ppl stop meetin up
Old 09-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

What is your car running??^
Old 09-21-2006, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

alright man its cool just i hate rich kids who get 30k for a car and they got for a brand new mustang GT and try to race it and talk smack with it.... i mean... if they just get it and dont want to race and stuff its different but when there gonna try to be a badass come on now.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

amirite? .
Old 03-12-2008, 09:41 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by ImStock
amirite? .
Seriously? This thread is a year and a half old
Old 03-12-2008, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

your just mad cause u drive a mustang GT. LOOOL @ UR SIG (267.45HP) WOW that is not somthing you tell people holy crap.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

you got a freaking laundry list of mods yet still 267HP??? what the hell are you thinkin son!
Old 03-12-2008, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

I'm just thinking what made you revive this dead *** thread lol...
Old 03-12-2008, 09:58 PM
***Repost Police***

Um... it's full intake/full exhaust. Not even longtubes. Untuned. And you're an attention *****, apparently. So like I said, , and stop bumping up year and a half old threads just to get attention.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, us new GT's are just pathetic. Could u please explain how pathetic we are to the F-bods I've put in the grave. I'd appreciate it.

Seriously dude, why bump up a 2 year old thread? No fresh kills to report???
Old 03-12-2008, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

hes busy gettin monkey stomped by everything in his stock car. kids these days
Old 03-12-2008, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

ahhaha
Old 03-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Yea, us new GT's are just pathetic. Could u please explain how pathetic we are to the F-bods I've put in the grave. I'd appreciate it.

Seriously dude, why bump up a 2 year old thread? No fresh kills to report???
No offense but id hope a car with around 280-300 stock and a twin screw supercharger would beat an f-body, i dont think he was dissing anyone, just wondering why people would spend that money to go fast, wen if they wanted to go fast they could save and get more horse for the money with an fbody. Now if they like the mustang then thats a different story, but obviously numbers and races do not lie, stock for stock ls1 for the win
Old 03-12-2008, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

FTMFW (for the mother ******* win)

Quick Reply: My formula killin a stang GT