Sponsored by:

Winter project

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter project

Hi,

as a first note - I need to go through german inspection and emissions testing, so I can't go too wild, plus need to stay halfway within emissions ... also, I want to keep the car streetable, and decent on fuel efficiency during cruising.

I'm looking into beefing up my 2K WU6 some, from what I have talked to people and forums, thought about putting this package together:

- TR 224/224 .563/.563 LSA114 Cam
- Comp 918 Springs
- titanium retainers
- LS6 intake manifold
- Pacesetter Long Tubes
- catted Y-pipe w/ high flow cats

Not sure what to do on the airfilter, but thought about something like those dual-cone setups, plus opening up the rear slots on the hood to get more air in from there ...

Any comments or suggestions?

Tnx
Old 09-24-2006, 07:47 AM
10 Second Club

I have been told that the FM11 drives and idles better then the 224 cam (ask 98TAuto... he made the switch) and you should still be good for emisions. It all comes to the tuning from what I understand on emissions anyways... do they actually put the sniffer on over there? 6 speed or Auto?
Old 09-24-2006, 07:56 AM
Teching In

I have EFILive for tuning the engine (shaved off a bit already on the stock setup) ... yes, they do check the emissions, idle RPM, etc. ... I have the detailed sheet from the first emissions test I took it through after buying it, so I can most likely set up the car from performance to emissions once every two years I figure if the Cam is California street legal, it should be OK for german testing, too ...