Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need to replace ATI Procharger Anti-surge (bypass valve) what to get???

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Need to replace ATI Procharger Anti-surge (bypass valve) what to get???

Well, to complete my ATI install, I'm going to need a anti-surge (bypass valve).

What should I get? The ATI one that normally comes witht the kit? I think it's called a Pro-flo. This is for a P1SC in my C5 running 6-7psi and it vents to the atmosphere.

What do you guys recommend???
Thanks
Steve
Old 09-27-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would recommend the Mondo bypass valve. That is what I will be running here shortly. Others have used it with no problems. If you want you could also buy the ATI race ready bypass valve but that is a little more expensive.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

Are you after looks or just concerned with functionality? The ProFlo valve is suitable up to an F1's airflow. If you get to a point where you exceed that then you need a valve capable of dumping more volume.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks dont concern me. I just need one that will work with my setup.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:11 AM
10 Second Club

I went with ATI's racing version. Judging by the sound the car makes when I lift, it works much better than the one that comes with their kit. And I dump it back into the inlet. I may change that later if / when I get EPP's metal inlet hat.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:53 AM
8 Second Club

Steve get a Hyperboost or the Turbo XS H25, there both alot better than the Bosch and there nice and compact to fit almost anywhere. Talk to Brian at ICS on the C5 forum and he can set you up with the Hyperboost. Also Brian what injecters are you going to run? I'll get that file over to you soon-just can't find my USB card?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mondo BPV for the kill.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Steve01SS
Looks dont concern me. I just need one that will work with my setup.
Well if you have the ATI kit then the ATI bypass valve will integrate perfectly.
Keep in mind that the sole purpose of the part is to dump airflow when you close the throttle. That's it. Its not to regulate boost or anything like that. Its there to protect the system from a large pressure spike that would occur from removing the airflow demand and displacement of the engine.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vortech
Steve get a Hyperboost or the Turbo XS H25, there both alot better than the Bosch and there nice and compact to fit almost anywhere. Talk to Brian at ICS on the C5 forum and he can set you up with the Hyperboost. Also Brian what injecters are you going to run? I'll get that file over to you soon-just can't find my USB card?
hey man... just emailed you as well.. yeah I currently have FMS SVO 42's (green tops) that are at 65% duty cycle with the current N/A setup. BUT.. the car is making a ***** 50psi of fuel pressure and then 48psi at WOT. So, I'm doing a Racetronix pump kit and running either a 6 or 8 AN feed line from tank to the rail with an aeromotive regulator mounted at the rail and a set of billet rails to go with it. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to use the stock feed line as a return (with the OEM filter/regulator) bypassed or just run a 6AN return as well. Bypassing all stock lines. Doing it myself and can be done for a real decent cost.

Still looking at options.. the Vortech bypass looks nice.... hmm.... I heard the ATI bypass sucks. Need a couple lil things left, then doing the install shortly.

Steve
If they run out of fuel with this setup, then I'm going with 60lb Motrons.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Steve01SS
hey man... just emailed you as well.. yeah I currently have FMS SVO 42's (green tops) that are at 65% duty cycle with the current N/A setup. BUT.. the car is making a ***** 50psi of fuel pressure and then 48psi at WOT. So, I'm doing a Racetronix pump kit and running either a 6 or 8 AN feed line from tank to the rail with an aeromotive regulator mounted at the rail and a set of billet rails to go with it. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to use the stock feed line as a return (with the OEM filter/regulator) bypassed or just run a 6AN return as well. Bypassing all stock lines. Doing it myself and can be done for a real decent cost.

Still looking at options.. the Vortech bypass looks nice.... hmm.... I heard the ATI bypass sucks. Need a couple lil things left, then doing the install shortly.

Steve
If they run out of fuel with this setup, then I'm going with 60lb Motrons.
The problem with the stock ati valve on the corvette kit is that its vented to the atmosphere. If you have ridden in a ati fbody or just any procharged car where its re-circulated you wouldnt think anything is up. With the corvette you will hear a flutter sound that is caused by the bypass valve at part throttle driving. Belive me, it is verry annoying. the ati race valve is a great option that looks amazing and performs like a champ. It as most valves, isnt cheap, $300ish.

Quick Reply: Need to replace ATI Procharger Anti-surge (bypass valve) what to get???