63.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Torquer v2 or v3

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 12:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Torquer v2 or v3

I hear all types of good things about the torquer v2 and i think it fits my needs and wants. Now, I hear that the v3 is a similar cam and can make a bit more power with similar specs.

What do you say I do? Car is m6, fullboltons, 02 t/a and will be cam-only for now.

I notice the v3 has a lot more intake lift than the v2 but thats the only major difference (lsk lobes or something?) I know most of you will vote v2 because it is more popular since the v3 has been out for a short time.

Car is a street car, sees a bit of track, i want it to be fun to drive. Has to lope and have power without revving sky high. I think both of these cams will meet my expectations but i can't decide. If any v3 owners would like to chip in, that is very much appreciated.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Dynamically the V3 has been designed to preceed the V2. It would be foolish of TSP to develop a replacement that performs worse. It would also be a waste of money to develop one which only matches the predecesor.

Logically it therefor only leaves one answer.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:22 AM
TECH Resident

No offense at all, but I'm not going to take this:
Logically it therefor only leaves one answer.
as an answer.

I want to see some dyno numbers with cam only bolt-on cars comparing the two cams. I know there have got to be people out there with two setups. Lets see/hear some numbers people! I want to know the answer to this too. Im actually considering these two exact cams because they look like they make very good under the curve power from the graphs on TSPs page.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:02 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get ahold of Zach or Brian @ TSP. There was a thread about this somewhere that had some numbers mentioned in it.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Specialized
No offense at all, but I'm not going to take this:

as an answer.

I want to see some dyno numbers with cam only bolt-on cars comparing the two cams. I know there have got to be people out there with two setups. Lets see/hear some numbers people! I want to know the answer to this too. Im actually considering these two exact cams because they look like they make very good under the curve power from the graphs on TSPs page.
Well I maybe wrong, but my understanding was that the V2 always lacked the under the curve performance, and to make the most of it you had to rev the engine in the high rpms.

Following on from this, I also understood that the V3 was designed to address the short comings of the V2.

There are some dyno's in the dyno section for both cams. If it was me I would go for the V3 every time given the choice of only these two cams. I'd also go for a set of heads, PRC S1 or Terminator.

Remember dyno numbers are next to pointless in the BIG picture. As they need to comparable, which means same dyno type, correct to SAE and using the same graph smoothing setting.

Going from Mustang Dyno, good graph smoothing and SAE corrected to a Dynojet, with no graph smoothing and STD correct can easily see a 40rwhp difference from the SAME vehicle.

Also comparing dyno numbers is even more pointless as the specific setup of each vehicle will have a bearing on the numbers, as well as how well it's been tuned.

Often good components in a crap combination may well produce lower results than average components in a well thought about setup.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Get ahold of Zach or Brian @ TSP. There was a thread about this somewhere that had some numbers mentioned in it.

Brian was a great help to me. I had the V2 and shipped it back for the V3. I dont regret it at all.

Tuning is coming at the end of the month. The thread that Orangeapeel is talking about is in the Dyno Forum.

R/

Frat
Old 10-10-2006, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got the Torquer v2 and can't wait. It will have better driveability, which will be nice.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:04 PM
FormerVendor

Here are two cam swap graphs, I can't do an overlay right now, this will give you an idea of how these cams perform. Don't compare peak power between the two graphs, they are two different cars with different mods, the torquer 3 having less mods. More than anything just look at the difference in the curves. This should give you guys a good idea of how they will make power. The torquer 2 will give you more options as far as heads go and compression, and will also be a little more mild mannered. The torquer 3 should perform better by itself.

Torquer v.3 cam only and longtube graph, stock paper filter, everything else stock

Torquer v.2 cam only graph, longtubes, intake, underdrive....all bolt ons
Old 10-10-2006, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK, dammit. After doing the research and reviewing the v3 thread in the dyno section I called up Zach to change my order from a v2 on a 113lsa to a v3 on a 111lsa... big difference.

UNFORTUNATELY, the order had already shipped. I can't wait for it to get to my house and send it back, then wait for the other one.... so what's a guy to do?

Went ahead and just bought the v3 outright and will send the v2 back for a refund once it gets here. Zach and Texas-Speed have been extremely helpful, and I can't speak highly enough of them. I don't know a single other sponsor that is as involved in this community as these guys. They drive these cars and are fans just like us; and it shows!

Thanks again, and I'll be sure to let you know the numbers after the install.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cerebrex
OK, dammit. After doing the research and reviewing the v3 thread in the dyno section I called up Zach to change my order from a v2 on a 113lsa to a v3 on a 111lsa... big difference.

UNFORTUNATELY, the order had already shipped. I can't wait for it to get to my house and send it back, then wait for the other one.... so what's a guy to do?

Went ahead and just bought the v3 outright and will send the v2 back for a refund once it gets here. Zach and Texas-Speed have been extremely helpful, and I can't speak highly enough of them. I don't know a single other sponsor that is as involved in this community as these guys. They drive these cars and are fans just like us; and it shows!

Thanks again, and I'll be sure to let you know the numbers after the install.

I did the same thing. Ordered the V2, talked to Brian about the V3, and sent the V2 back the same day I got it. You'll like the v3.

R/

Frat
Old 10-10-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, Texas-Speed owns.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:52 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zach@Texas-Speed
Here are two cam swap graphs, I can't do an overlay right now, this will give you an idea of how these cams perform. Don't compare peak power between the two graphs, they are two different cars with different mods, the torquer 3 having less mods. More than anything just look at the difference in the curves. This should give you guys a good idea of how they will make power. The torquer 2 will give you more options as far as heads go and compression, and will also be a little more mild mannered. The torquer 3 should perform better by itself.

Torquer v.3 cam only and longtube graph, stock paper filter, everything else stock

Torquer v.2 cam only graph, longtubes, intake, underdrive....all bolt ons

Zach to the rescue!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got the Torquer 2.. its a very solid cam. pretty streetable seeing how ive been daily driving my car. its not too fun in traffic and the low rpms arent like what they were stock...
Old 10-11-2006, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

What do you mean the low RPMs aren't like they were stock?
Old 10-11-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Resident

Cam surge.......loss of low end torque....just guessing here.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, but I'd like to hear what his specific problem is so that it can be addressed (which both of those problems can)
Old 10-11-2006, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

Seems like the general consensus here is Torquer v3 FOR THE WIN!! Thank god I am decided in a cam and will probably order one in the next few days. Unless someone wants to talk me into something else. I think the v3 will be exactly what I want.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:38 AM
TECH Resident

Does seem like a pretty pimp cam. I know what you mean about deciding on what cam. I've been rolling a G5x1 for a year now and its a good cam but I want bigger and more power. Just cant decide. The Torquer v3 is indeed one of my top 5 to choose from.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Guys, if you want to talk cam VS cam, then at least chose cams with similar VEs.
Not a 113+0 and a 111.
Now take a TV2 111 and a TV3 111 the only difference between them might be in the range of 5>10 rwhp optimized.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I cant say im a big fan of all these super high lift cams, but thats probably because I put a lot of street miles on my car and dont want to change springs every few months.

Quick Reply: Torquer v2 or v3