Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Firehawk Spoiler has Lights on it???

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firehawk Spoiler has Lights on it???

I heard from someone the other day that the Firehawk spoiler has some kind of lights across it or something and the regular spoiler on the WS6s and normal firebirds don't have any lights on them.

Is this true??

and could anyone show me a picture of the spoiler lights during night time if they are on there?

And also could someone show me a picture of the odometer light colors during night time cuz I heard that they are green instead of red like the normal WS6 and normal firebirds.

thanks in advance!!
Old 10-11-2006, 02:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are dif types of spoilers....the formula, the ta (high rise), ol lumpy and iroc...iroc and ol lumpy had led lights...you can find pics easy in the special edition section of ls1tech....and its been a while since ive had my lights on, but in my hawk i believe all the lights in the cluster are an orange color, althought my odometer isnt digital
Old 10-11-2006, 04:59 AM
Teching In

hmmm ok cool thanks man.

i checked it out and it seems like the Iroc spoiler didn't come with the firehawk models but just with the Camaro SS models but you can mod your firehawk by putting an iroc spoiler on it apparently.

I guess the Iroc spoiler is the one I was looking for. It's the one that's got the LED strip light across the back of it and the ol lumpy is kinda ugly I think but it's not that bad... but ol lumpy only has a tiny LED light on it. I like the Iroc one the best but I bet it's expensive.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

actually i think iroc on hawks was an option in the last few years...someone correct me who knows for sure....what years were they available on?
Old 10-11-2006, 09:30 AM
12 Second Club

The iroc spoiler fits the firebird, it gets its name from nascar using the firebird for its IROC cars during the later stages of its life. You dont have to modify to fit it cuz its made to. Theyll fit all 98-02 cars. Not sure who all carries it, SLP use to but they are now giving way to gm restoration parts. http://www.slponline.com/browse_list.asp That website link is to SLP and gives pretty much everything to make your car a replica firehawk.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

My Formula has a third brake light in it. I'm not sure if thats what you are talking about or not.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NeoBix
I heard from someone the other day that the Firehawk spoiler has some kind of lights across it or something and the regular spoiler on the WS6s and normal firebirds don't have any lights on them.

Is this true??

and could anyone show me a picture of the spoiler lights during night time if they are on there?

And also could someone show me a picture of the odometer light colors during night time cuz I heard that they are green instead of red like the normal WS6 and normal firebirds.

thanks in advance!!
Go to www.Firehawk.org
Look at the 2001 10th Anne. Cars and the pictures of the 2002 Firehawk T/A's. The IROC spoiler was standard and only available on the 2001 10th Anne. cars, and then became a regular Firehawk option for the 2002 T/A Firehawks. The Spoiler will fit any 1993-2002 Trans Am with the "optional" (some years) high level spoiler. I think you can still buy it from SLP for around $500.00.
It looks like a Formula spoiler that's been enlarged to compliment the T/A ground effects, and yes, it has a full length LED third brake like, which I believe is a Cadillac Catera part.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:17 PM
11 Second Club

heres mine, i dont have it lighting up, but it lights up all the way across

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/689914
Old 10-14-2006, 11:23 PM
Banned

My buddy had an identical '02 Firehawk like mine except his had the IROC spoiler and mine had the regular Trans Am one. I started a poll about which one is more attractive in the special edition section. It's almost always a 50/50 split. Love it or hate it.

I liked his a lot while driving behind him. That was a sight. Two identical (almost) black Firehawks rolling through turns. ~Joshua
Old 10-15-2006, 01:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
My buddy had an identical '02 Firehawk like mine except his had the IROC spoiler and mine had the regular Trans Am one. I started a poll about which one is more attractive in the special edition section. It's almost always a 50/50 split. Love it or hate it.

I liked his a lot while driving behind him. That was a sight. Two identical (almost) black Firehawks rolling through turns. ~Joshua
can't u order the IROC spoiler from SLP for like 500 bucks and then u just paint it the same color as ur car and put it on there???
Old 10-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NeoBix
can't u order the IROC spoiler from SLP for like 500 bucks and then u just paint it the same color as ur car and put it on there???
Yes. The Trans-Am spoiler is a two piece design. The top level un-bolts from the lower hatch. Then I just bolt on the painted IROC and it's done.

I've been wanting to do the IROC and keep my regular one in the garage, but my twin turbo project (COMPLETE THANK YOU GOD!) has drained my budget unfortunately. It's a good problem to have right now though.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Yes. The Trans-Am spoiler is a two piece design. The top level un-bolts from the lower hatch. Then I just bolt on the painted IROC and it's done.

I've been wanting to do the IROC and keep my regular one in the garage, but my twin turbo project (COMPLETE THANK YOU GOD!) has drained my budget unfortunately. It's a good problem to have right now though.
ahhh ok i see. thanks!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I personally like the IROC style spoiler better. I see nothing but the high rise spoilers around here, so the IROC is a breath of fresh air IMO.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:46 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can see on the left side of this picture how the Firehawk spoiler's 3rd brake light is different from the stock TA/Formula. It's also LED rather than the incandescent light on the stockers. That's a 10th Anniversary Firehawk in front of my car.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
You can see on the left side of this picture how the Firehawk spoiler's 3rd brake light is different from the stock TA/Formula. It's also LED rather than the incandescent light on the stockers. That's a 10th Anniversary Firehawk in front of my car.
thanks man very nice I like the purple color.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i like your car in this pic better tom

and yes, that is a purple bumper you see

Quick Reply: Firehawk Spoiler has Lights on it???