Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It Started - Then It Farted

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It Started - Then It Farted

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/408734-ultima-gtr-magnacharged-ls2.html

Good news is that it started first kick yesterday.

It ran for 3 seconds, oil pressure didnt come up so I killed it. Looked underneath and there was oil everywhere..... there was a bung missing in the oil cooler adaptor plate.

I fitted a bung and started it again. It was running fine at idle but died when I opened the throttle.

We first blamed the supercharger belt, as it had caught some oil.We cleaned that but then it wouldnt start.

The first suspect was spark, but that was fine... check both sides just in case... no prob there.

Supect #2 is obviously fuel. I didnt have the fuel pressure gauge hooked up, so I cracked a fuel line and it had "some" pressure there. Unfortunately it was getting dark so I packed it up.

Spent a couple of hours on the forums here last night and if its not fuel pressure, the next place I'm gonna check is that all the sensors are attached properly and the earths are all good.

I was stoked that it started first kick, and also that it sound very civilized with the cats only, it will definitely pass noise emissions with that setup and It hardly looks like a sleeper, but does not sound like a 600hp beast at idle, it sounds like a normal everyday car.

Here's some crap photos I took with my phone ... I'm running the stock cast manifolds and stock vette cats for now.... Gotta get through emissions first

Old 10-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Launching!

Here's some shots of the inside..... I know... they are crap photos.. I promise I will get some better ones soon

Old 10-16-2006, 12:20 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car is SICK!

Tony.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:58 AM
Staging Lane

get a starter kicking that beast with a kick start is way to hard .............VERY NICE MACHINE hope you get the bug worked out
Old 10-16-2006, 02:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Crafty,
Congratulations,,,, just wish I was that far along and the car looks sweet. I currently have a similar exhaust setup,,,,, I'm wondering have you looked into headers as of yet??? I'm just starting the process and I’m looking for any and all ideas.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gtpvette
Crafty,
Congratulations,,,, just wish I was that far along and the car looks sweet. I currently have a similar exhaust setup,,,,, I'm wondering have you looked into headers as of yet??? I'm just starting the process and I’m looking for any and all ideas.
Look here.... dunno if they'll fit the GTM....

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...10412&f=20&h=0
Old 10-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Well... that was the easiest problem in the world to fix.... it didnt have enough fuel in it. I put 10 litres in it, which should have been more than enough. Its got two tanks and they are both foam filled so I guess they soaked up most of the fual and the balance went into the fuel system.

Anyway, put more fuel in and away she went. Sounds sweet with the cats only, not too loud, should pass noise emissions.

Crack the throttle and all hell breaks loose, the response is instant. Cant wait to take it for a spin but that's a few weeks away yet, work is getting in the way.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by crafty888
work is getting in the way.
quit, that thing is awsome
Old 10-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Launching!

.. ... I tried to resign, but I wont accept my own resignation.

To be fair, there's also a trip to Thailand this weekend that is getting in the way.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Regular

wow just wow. that cage wrap and seat is just clean clean clean clean.