Track Friday

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 12:03 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Track Friday

Gonna take the red car out and see what it do, any one down? thinking of hitting up seally or some thing, probably gonna be out there with some buddies
Old 10-19-2006, 12:41 AM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Quite a few of my buddies from college statino are going to LMP on the 28th, you should meet up with us then

William
Old 10-19-2006, 12:59 PM

Thats cool, but with work/school, its hard to say when I'll get a chance to go again.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shotgun!
Old 10-19-2006, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by 4mulaJoe
Shotgun!

Yeah, the eibach sisters are supose ride together.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Regular

I didn't care for the way that track functioned.....

Did you run your 12s? And was that Joe that broke his car after the 200 shot (he was going through the gears like crazy)
Old 10-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
I didn't care for the way that track functioned.....

Did you run your 12s? And was that Joe that broke his car after the 200 shot (he was going through the gears like crazy)
Neil didn't get anymore runs in. He couldn't hook for **** anyway, and we were sharing a helmet. I didn't break anything. The owner told me I couldn't race anymore and that I oiled down the whole track. He didn't want to listen when I told him there wasn't a drop of oil under the car. During the 1 hour plus time they were cleaning it up they found out it was the c6 vette that went a few passes before me.

So after sitting in the staging lanes for about 2 hours they decided to run bracket cars and let us sit some more.

What the hell was up with waiting for cars to turn off the track before starting the next cars on their burnout?

That was the shittiest trip to a track I've ever had. I got my tech card back which is basically a credit to get in free next time. I would have rather had my $20 back. I'll just make the 60 mile trip to Baytown from now on.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

I wouldn't go back to race at that track if they paid me, sucks you only got a tech card back.

I'm glad it wasnt just me spinning...I had to let off on every run and hit the gas again just to start forward movement. AND IM IN A DAMN V6 ON DRAG RADIALS!!!!

The entire management and running of that track is terrible.

I didnt know what hapened, but after that run you made I saw them start cleanup, so I assumed you had broken something. Glad you didn't though.

And that just makes this track shittier...they let a few more passes go down with oil being down the entire track? Holy unsafe.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Staging Lane

dahdl
Old 10-22-2006, 12:15 AM
TECH Regular

Come again?
Old 10-22-2006, 01:24 AM
TECH Addict

John Hennessey's track? No surprise there.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:55 AM
Mustang Moderator

Neil didn't get anymore runs in. He couldn't hook for **** anyway, and we were sharing a helmet. I didn't break anything. The owner told me I couldn't race anymore and that I oiled down the whole track. He didn't want to listen when I told him there wasn't a drop of oil under the car. During the 1 hour plus time they were cleaning it up they found out it was the c6 vette that went a few passes before me.

So after sitting in the staging lanes for about 2 hours they decided to run bracket cars and let us sit some more.

What the hell was up with waiting for cars to turn off the track before starting the next cars on their burnout?

That was the shittiest trip to a track I've ever had. I got my tech card back which is basically a credit to get in free next time. I would have rather had my $20 back. I'll just make the 60 mile trip to Baytown from now on.
Hey you guys need to get a clue....
Is it the track's fault that a Lightning blew its motor on the top end and a C6 had its rear end come apart and go all the way down the track??? How fast are they supposed to clean it up?? Do you guys think it as simple as wiping it off????

I for one would be appreciative of a track that took its time to clean it up...making sure it was safe...

At least you guys got a tech card back...HRP would tell you THANKS but you made a run so you'll have to pay next time...

There was also the ATM sports car club there having a bracket event....so excuse the track for making efforts to let them run....you guys are definitely more important!
Old 10-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Originally Posted by LS1 KLR
Hey you guys need to get a clue....
Is it the track's fault that a Lightning blew its motor on the top end and a C6 had its rear end come apart and go all the way down the track??? How fast are they supposed to clean it up?? Do you guys think it as simple as wiping it off????

I for one would be appreciative of a track that took its time to clean it up...making sure it was safe...

At least you guys got a tech card back...HRP would tell you THANKS but you made a run so you'll have to pay next time...

There was also the ATM sports car club there having a bracket event....so excuse the track for making efforts to let them run....you guys are definitely more important!

It's not the track's fault that cars break, but it sure did take about twice as long to get anything cleaned up as it did at any other track I've been to.

It was also some BS that I was blamed for oiling down the track. They wouldnt even take a minute to look under my car that had no drips. I was just told I could not run anymore.

Yes there were brackets going on. After sitting in the staging lanes for 2 hours they let all of those bracket cars just come from the pits and run.

You can say what you want. Maybe you have some kinda of special interest in this particular track, but I am just comparing it to HRP, HMP, San Antonio's track and a couple other tracks out of state I have been to. I didn't like the way this one was run.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:49 PM

I have been to HRP when they had a clean up like that, some truck broke a motor, oiled the track down and then tagged the wall, after two hours they ended up giving every one that wanted one a tech card back as did y'all to us. Clean ups are apart of racing, happens every time to some degree.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's not the track's fault that cars break, but it sure did take about twice as long to get anything cleaned up as it did at any other track I've been to.

It was also some BS that I was blamed for oiling down the track. They wouldnt even take a minute to look under my car that had no drips. I was just told I could not run anymore.

Yes there were brackets going on. After sitting in the staging lanes for 2 hours they let all of those bracket cars just come from the pits and run.
You can say what you want. Maybe you have some kinda of special interest in this particular track, but I am just comparing it to HRP, HMP, San Antonio's track and a couple other tracks out of state I have been to. I didn't like the way this one was run.
maybe the sports car club paid a hefty fee, i guess money talks, im glad i live 10-15 mins from baytown
Old 10-22-2006, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
maybe the sports car club paid a hefty fee, i guess money talks, im glad i live 10-15 mins from baytown

Must be nice, for the rest of us going to baytown on a Friday means sitting through a 1.5hr + of traffic on I-10 trying to get across Houston
Old 10-22-2006, 07:16 PM
TECH Regular

That's why I go to baytown on sunday

Also, this tracks problems were far more than just its time taken for cleanup.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Mustang Moderator

That's fine...that's why we live in this country...you have a choice....I am sure the track won't suffer without you there....

Good luck in your future track outings....
Old 10-22-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Stick with HRP.

I don't say anything for fear of getting banned, but anything that John Hennessy is a part of won't get a second look from me.

Neil: If the weather stays as good as it is tonight (just did a DA calculation for HRP right now: 27' ) I'd be up for some HRP time. No traffic on the freeways and less traffic at the track. A win win .

Plus, the prep is awesome!

Ryan
Old 10-22-2006, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

The problem with making a sticky track is that rearends break too often. That was the case this last Friday nite. A stock C6 sheared its rearend and left a puddle of gear oil from the starting line past the 1320.

I totally agree that 2.5 hours for clean up is rediculous. Anyone on here who came this last Friday nite and was not happy please PM me your address and i will send you 2 free passes.

The old school way of cleaning up oil downs is to put drysorb on the track (like kitty litter). Then that stuff blows all over the place and makes an even bigger mess. We are going to try some new methods of cleaning up oil downs. It will be my goal to try to limit clean ups to 45 minutes or less. We will see.

We will continue to give our racers the stickiest track possible - even if that risks a broken rearend again. Todays event with HPD and HALO had over 120 cars racing and 600 spectators. We had a sticky track and no major shutdowns. Everyone had a great time and LS1 Joe got his best 60 ft time.

So if some of you dont want to come to Lonestar for whatever reason, including the fact that I hang out there, then you are doing the other 100 racers who come out on Friday nites to the best 1/4 mile track in the Houston area a big favor by not being there and making it too crowded.

www.LonestarMotorsportsPark.com