(houston / Austin) Cool Air + Tail Wind + Stick Track = Fast Dragstrip!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (houston / Austin) Cool Air + Tail Wind + Stick Track = Fast Dragstrip!

FRIDAY NITE SHOULD BE SOME INCREDIBLE TRACK CONDITIONS AT LONESTAR! WHEN THE AIR IS COOLEST AND DRIEST LIKE IT IS NOW WE GET A WIND OUT OF THE NORTH WHICH GIVES YOU A TAIL WIND GOING DOWN THE TRACK. NO OTHER TRACK IN THE AREA HAS THIS RARE COMBINATION. IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO SET A NEW LOW ET OR HIGH MPH, THEN THE CONDITIONS WONT BE MUCH BETTER THAN FRIDAY NITE.

LONESTAR IS CLOSED SATURDAY.

SUNDAY IS GOING TO BE A HUGE STREET CAR EVENT THAT INCLUDES THE LIGHTNING CLUB AND HOUSTON PERFORMANCE DRIVING'S JUDGEMENT DAY 1320 EVENT. ALL CARS ARE WELCOME TO COME RUN AT LONESTAR ON SUNDAY.

WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE TRACK!

www.LonestarMotorsportsPark.com
Old 10-19-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

I drove by the place last Friday night, coming back from San Antonio. I passed by as someone was doing a burnout. Haha.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:13 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I plan on being out there Friday, should be fun to finaly get some 12s with this old bolt on 93, I got my Drag radials and AAA card ready

Last edited by BizZzatch350; 10-19-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:55 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
I plan on being out there Friday, should be fun to finaly get some 12s with this old bolt on 93, I got my Drag radials and AAA card ready
Thats great Neil! Let me know how that goes! Good luck.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Every post this guy makes: all about the caplocks.

Brings excitement to the thread. Gotta' respect that.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by John Hennessey
FRIDAY NITE SHOULD BE SOME INCREDIBLE TRACK CONDITIONS AT LONESTAR! WHEN THE AIR IS COOLEST AND DRIEST LIKE IT IS NOW WE GET A WIND OUT OF THE NORTH WHICH GIVES YOU A TAIL WIND GOING DOWN THE TRACK. NO OTHER TRACK IN THE AREA HAS THIS RARE COMBINATION. IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO SET A NEW LOW ET OR HIGH MPH, THEN THE CONDITIONS WONT BE MUCH BETTER THAN FRIDAY NITE.

LONESTAR IS CLOSED SATURDAY.

SUNDAY IS GOING TO BE A HUGE STREET CAR EVENT THAT INCLUDES THE LIGHTNING CLUB AND HOUSTON PERFORMANCE DRIVING'S JUDGEMENT DAY 1320 EVENT. ALL CARS ARE WELCOME TO COME RUN AT LONESTAR ON SUNDAY.

WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE TRACK!

www.LonestarMotorsportsPark.com
Where is the outlet's in the pits? Are you ever going to pave the pit area? Track looks the same to me.. still more improvements in the RIGHT areas.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:12 PM
10 Second Club

About to head out there to make some 9 sec. passes! ok well atleast about to head out there and watch some fast passes.
Matt
Old 10-20-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!! COME ONE COME ALL!!!!! HOLY **** & HOLY GOD!!!

www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com
Old 10-20-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Lc2SFIv6
Where is the outlet's in the pits? Are you ever going to pave the pit area? Track looks the same to me.. still more improvements in the RIGHT areas.
You obviously haven't been to the track since he lengthened it to a quarter mile, cement barriered the entire track, built a motocross track for adults and youngsters , sheltered the concession stand, repaved the access roads, and moved the admissions stand to the front gate. And he has a lot more planned. You can only do so much at a time. Guys have been doing there thing on the grassy pits for many years now with out any problems. Call me crazy but I think I would rather see a 1/4 mile track with grassy pits than an 1/8 mile track with paved pits.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by anLS1x2
You obviously haven't been to the track since he lengthened it to a quarter mile, cement barriered the entire track, built a motocross track for adults and youngsters , sheltered the concession stand, repaved the access roads, and moved the admissions stand to the front gate. And he has a lot more planned. You can only do so much at a time. Guys have been doing there thing on the grassy pits for many years now with out any problems. Call me crazy but I think I would rather see a 1/4 mile track with grassy pits than an 1/8 mile track with paved pits.
well said!! x2!!
Old 10-21-2006, 02:21 PM
it is on low boost

Originally Posted by anLS1x2
Call me crazy but I think I would rather see a 1/4 mile track with grassy pits than an 1/8 mile track with paved pits.
Dude...Becareful what you say on here. This is supposed to be a family friendly site sometimes...
Old 10-21-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nick K
Dude...Becareful what you say on here. This is supposed to be a family friendly site sometimes...

LOL.........I prefer my pits paved!!!
Old 10-21-2006, 02:45 PM
it is on low boost

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW
LOL.........I prefer my pits paved!!!
Ditto.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lc2SFIv6
Just got done spending $600k making the track longer, etc. Paved pits coming in 2007. Then road race track after that. Thanks for asking.