Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Question for all you Zaino Gurus out there

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for all you Zaino Gurus out there

Heres the deal. I got my order of zaino in yesterday and had today off so I spent the whole day on my Ws6. Im going to list the steps I did and if I messed something up someone please let me know.

1) Washed the car with Dawn and rinsed.
2) Z18 claybar using a mixture of Z7 carwash and water as a lubricant.
3) Washed car again but this time with Zaino Z7 and Dryed with microfiber waffle weave.
4)Next I used Zaino ZPC paint cleaner and swirl remover on a couple areas that i saw swirl marks. (didnt seem to work as well as I thought it would.)
5)Next step I used Zaino Z6 gloss enhancerover entire vehicle.
6)used Z2 show car polish over entire vehicle.

Now I was going to follow up with Zaino Z5 polish but it got dark and started to get cold out so Can I do this step next say tommorrow? If not what is the correct next step.
I also think that when it started to cool off the Z2 wasnt all the way dry so mabey i will give it another coat of Z2 tommorrow.
If anyone knows a better way to do this please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok after researching some more I found out that you should always end with Z2 after Z5 so tommorrow I will try with the Z5 then the Z2 and see how it comes out. I wonder if I should claybar again though.

Last edited by D_Rock; 10-21-2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Teching In

Never used a zaino, but I have used meguiars for years and all their products work well and they have a product for almost all your detailing needs and are more affordable and less time consuming.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

A one-time use of the ZainoPC probably won't work miracles. It may take 2-3+ times before ya really see a difference.

Continue with Z5 until you reach an approved point. Finish with the Z2, then always do a quick detail with the Z6 detailer spray between coats.

If necessary, simply leave the Z5 or Z2 on overnight to fully cure. If it streaks when wiped, that usually means it's not ready to be buffed out.

Keep going, let it cure before buffing out, you'll get there, ...
Old 10-20-2006, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

actually u left out z-1. this is the polish lok. u always put this on before z-2 or z-5. its what forms the chemical bond between the polish and the paint. the only way around this is to buy the zfx accelerator, which u mix with the actual polish (z-2 or z-5).
Old 10-21-2006, 01:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Raise
actually u left out z-1. this is the polish lok. u always put this on before z-2 or z-5. its what forms the chemical bond between the polish and the paint. the only way around this is to buy the zfx accelerator, which u mix with the actual polish (z-2 or z-5).
I have the ZFX accelerator I just didnt mention it inmy thread that I mixed it with the Z2.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by benchpresser356
Never used a zaino, but I have used meguiars for years and all their products work well and they have a product for almost all your detailing needs and are more affordable and less time consuming.
I have used meg for years and have always loved there stuff but after seeing what zaino could do i made the switch and invested in some higher end detailing products.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by D_Rock
I have the ZFX accelerator I just didnt mention it inmy thread that I mixed it with the Z2.
Correct, ..., If ya use the ZFX, ya don't need the Z1.
Got any more layers on yet?
Done another ZPC yet?!?
Old 10-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by benchpresser356
i second that i do detailing on the side and meguars gold class wax works wonders.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Correct, ..., If ya use the ZFX, ya don't need the Z1.
Got any more layers on yet?
Done another ZPC yet?!?
Did a layer of Z5 today but then it looked like it was going to rain so I had to quit. I never got the layer of Z2 on so I guess I will try and finish up tommorrow. This is taking forever but Im sure it will be worth it. I did notice a slight difference in the paint after putting the Z5 on and using the Z6 as a final wipe.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did another layer of Z5 today and am frustrated beyond belief.
See i live in apartments and dont have the convience of a garage so I have to do everything outside. Well Its starting to get cold and windy here and I wanted to get a couple coats of Zaino on before the winter hits hard. Well with the wind blowing like it was when I applied the Z5 today all it did was get stuck to the paint. You can see all the **** stuck back on the paint again just like it was when i started this whole process 2 days ago. Only one side of the car is like that the side facing the wind. So I guess I will start all over again next weekend if the weather permits.
At first i was like this crap isnt working but then i relized It was the wind blowing dirt and other crap on the car that i can not see. Oh well I guess this is part of the learning process.

Quick Reply: Question for all you Zaino Gurus out there