Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

It's coming together, a little fuel help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's coming together, a little fuel help please

Well my husbands engine is FINALLY coming together! A shop in town kindly blew it up for him and then wanted an outrageous sum to fix it. He was getting ready to deploy so no rush was on the car. So I decided to try my hand at fixing it for him.
I took his mostly stock engine out and went about building a whole new one.
Texas Speed was awesome and helped get everything going. Now in a few more days I will install a new engine in that car that will be worthy of the Vortech Super Charger!
New Engine:
408 6L iron block
Eagle 4" forged stroker crank
Scat H-beam rods and wrist pins
ARP 2000 rod bolts
Mahle forged pistons -32cc dish
Rollmaster single roller timing set
Custom ground 232/236 .575"/.578" 115LSA Comp Cam
Precision Race Components 2.5 LS6 heads 64cc cumbustion chamber SS valves and PRC dual springs and Ti retainers
55# FAST injectors
and a new Ram Power grip HD clutch!

So all the engine components are coming together great!
All the peices that came from the old block got a fresh powder coat!
My dilema now is how to get fuel to this beast! I have a Walborow 255 in tank pump and a Boost A Pump but I was told by another shop that this would not flow enough to the injectors. I am a bit concerned about this and need some insite from others running FI
The Super Charger is running 9# boost. Any sugestions on this? I would really like to get this going!
I will be taking it to OC Corvette for the first start up and tune on the dyno for break in. I hope it will start! Hubby is getting ready to come home and I really want to have this done for him
Thanks

Hey does anyone want to guess what kind of HP this will put out?
Attached Thumbnails It's coming together, a little fuel help please-new-front.jpg   It's coming together, a little fuel help please-new-pass-side.jpg  

Last edited by Mrs. Ronin; 11-04-2006 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-04-2006, 10:07 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With 9 psi, two Walbro in tank pumps should be sufficient, I'd add another one to the one you already have. The two pumps along with the boost a pump should keep the engine supplied. Bob
Old 11-04-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with EPP...Can't really over do a fuel system when it comes to FI...

BTW, I have to commend you on doing all of this for your husband....Wish there were many more women like yourself out there...
Old 11-04-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes this is really great what you are doing for him, he is going to come home to one nice ride with some good power.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:15 AM
TECH Addict

I nominate Mrs. Ronin for president?
Old 11-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

I accept the nomination! Heaven knows I deserve it! It is not an easy task to redo an engine! There is a ton to figure in. Thank you for your praise!
So this Walboro 2 pump is it an intank thing or does 1 go in and 1 stay out? Do I just buy another pump or is there a kit? A kit would be nice and easy!
Any links? I will do a search but if you have a link right quick that would help...
I will keep you all posted on the car. I am trying to find a good digital video camera so I can tape it turning on for the first time! I am trying to finish it up this week and get it in for start up/ break in next week! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are going to be two wallbros in the tank...There really isn't a kit that I know of...Basically all you do is add a Y to the system inside the tank and then hose clamp it together....Obviously wire it in with the other one but be very careful on that to wrap it up well...You should check out Mighty Mouses pics that he has in the bottom of his page..It shows exactly how to do it.... =)
Old 11-05-2006, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nate at Nasty Performance http://www.nastyperformance.com/FuelSystems.html definitely has some good complete kits. You also want good fuel lines in addition to what Bob at EPP is talking about. You can also talk with Bob at EPP and im sure he can square you away some some type of kit to fit your needs.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

Well I decided to have Lonnie rebuild my fuel pump with the dual Walboros and the Racetroncs harness.
SO should I keep he boost a pump or no?
AND Where is the best (least expensive) place to get fuel lines and rails? I suppose I should upgrade that while I am there huh? How much will that stuff run about?
Thanks for the help. as soon as I get the fuel pump I will be done!
I will keep you posted! I plan to video the first start up and dyno!
Anything else I should do before I button this baby up?
Old 11-13-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433880
Old 11-13-2006, 08:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Are you running the stock vortech blower head unit? If so that is really undersized for that motor. You'll need to run a different pulley and really max that sucker out

There are T and S trim upgrades available though
Old 11-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

This is what it is running. I don't really know anything about it except that I have a reciept and it cost ALOT of money!!!
I really don't want to hear that I need to change the SC! The service on that unit alone is almost $800 to change the seals and bearings changed!
I just want to make sure the fuel system is going to fuel this car! I don't want to have problems with it being lean because I didn't do something I should have. FOr now he can be subpar and run 9# boost. More then enough for the street and a few trips to the strip.
Attached Thumbnails It's coming together, a little fuel help please-supercharger.jpg  
Old 11-18-2006, 10:24 AM
Launching!

i really admire your dedication on this project.does your husband know what you are whipping up whiles he's gone?are you turning the wrench's or do you have someone doing it for you?what is this motor going in?

good luck with everything and tell us what power it puts down.