General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Condensation in tail lense

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 11:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Condensation in tail lense

I have a 01 WS.6 and the right tail lense is NOTICEABLY darker (I thought it had a tinted film deal over it at first) than the right. It also has condensation in it and I think its the condensation dimming it. I looked at the reverse light and it appears there may be a form of mildew or other deposit in it. I am going to remove said tail light and pull the bulbs out. I want to rinse it clean and get all the crap out and then run some sealer or dielectric grease around the outside or whatnot and put her back in. What can I use to get this moldy crap or whattever it is out without harming things?
Old 11-10-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like i said, make one thread lol

i wouldnt put any water in the taillight, itll damage the paint coating on them. let them air dry out to get rid of the condensation. no blow dryer.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Banned

How do I get rid of the crap in them though? Seems there is some form of poo in it
Old 11-10-2006, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

i had that problem. water hose. thats what i did. then i took all my bulbs out, cleaned the sockets, put new bulbs in with lots of bulb grease. so they wouldnt blow and keep water out of them. also, i drilled a couple holes at the bottom to prevent water from building up in there anymore. works like a charm. (but i bought new ones).
Old 11-11-2006, 10:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

drill a couple holes in the bottoms it will take care of this problem, mine were so bad they would fill up 1/2 way with water it looked like fishtanks at night
Old 11-11-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
How do I get rid of the crap in them though? Seems there is some form of poo in it
I was gonna say if it was just condensation in there then just shove some tube in there put your gob round it and suck it should come straight out!
But if it's like poo then nooo!
Old 11-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Banned

Well, I removed the light, poured out a crapload of water (WOW!) and clear-liquide-nailed it where it was leaking (I covered the bulb holes with tape and blew in one and found the leak(s) in teh factory glue). It is currently sitting in front of my space heater drying out 100% and then the bulb gaskets get dielectric grease on them and she goes back in. I also took this time to make sure my factory alarm shock sensor was set on kill
Old 11-12-2006, 07:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bradmb
i had that problem. water hose. thats what i did. then i took all my bulbs out, cleaned the sockets, put new bulbs in with lots of bulb grease. so they wouldnt blow and keep water out of them. also, i drilled a couple holes at the bottom to prevent water from building up in there anymore. works like a charm. (but i bought new ones).
same problem, same fix....