Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

halo fitment?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default halo fitment?

i went to the shop to go look at the car and it looks great...

but the halos they installed have a huge gap between the light and the bumper and they said the adjustment was maxed out and if they made them any closer the lights would shine like 2 feet infront of the car....

does anyone have any pics of halos on there car (like up close so i can see the spacing)

how do i fix this????
Old 11-12-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Resident

From my understanding they all fit like crap. Mine are the same way. I'm sure with some adjustments made to top bracket they can be made to be pushed out more.i In-larging the hole for the top bracket so that the headlight can be mounted further out. Remove that top bracket and position the headlight where it fits to your standards and you will see what I'm talking about. Sorry I have no pictures.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:56 PM

Did you try your stock headlight brackets? Put them on the Halo's and see if it works.
-Nathan
Old 11-12-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
Did you try your stock headlight brackets? Put them on the Halo's and see if it works.
-Nathan
Mine are using the stock brackets. They have a gap as well. Shims for the top bracket that bolts to the headlight is another option to bring out the headlight further. I need to stop talking and actually do this on my car...
Old 11-12-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Regular

well ok as long as im not the only one lol
Old 11-12-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine had horrid fitment with the gaps that came with the halo's. I used the stock brackets and washers as spacers, and they look respectable.

Design and Quality Control on these things just blow.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Well I finally decided to shut up and adjust my halo's. I used 2 washers for each bolt that attaches to the headlight. Closed up the gaps. Just take some time trying different washers and they will fit close to stock. I'm very pleased with the fitment now.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my fitment sucks

hey ls1 monster how did you put the shims again? could you explain a little more
Old 11-13-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1 Terror
my fitment sucks
hey ls1 monster how did you put the shims again? could you explain a little more

Sure. Pop your hood, now look directly above your headlight. There is an angled bracket with 2 bolts. One on top connected to the vehicle's frame and the 2nd one is underneath the bracket where it connects to the headlight. Remove the 2nd bolt (you might have to remove the bracket)

Now with the bolt that attaches to the headlight try using various washers (I used 2 washers per headlight) and be VERY careful when you tighten up the bolt. Don't want to strip it. Position the headlight and determine the best fit you can acheive.

I imagine this method will vary, depending on how you have your aim adjustment set and if the plastic clip and hangers on the lights that attach to the metal frame have not broke (like mine are) I no longer have that ugly gap or any of the rubber sticking out.

Hope it works out for you..let me know.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Launching!

yea, halo fitment is for crap. i have some of the best fitting ones i've ever seen, and even they're not great. i'm using my stock brackets as well.