Mechanic 95 Transam Coolant Weird

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 01:34 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Mechanic 95 Transam Coolant Weird

HELLO

I GOT 1995 TRANSAM CONVRTBLE (AUTO-TRAN)

SOMETHING WEIRD ABOUT COOLANT WATER..

THIS MORNING WHEN I DRIVE MY CAR I USE IT A BIT AGGRESSIVE when i did about 8-10 km i notice my car got a bit hot like UPPER 210 o..

i use it again and use it with agressive style, than i stopped and i see my coolant cover (which is nearer to cars right fender, not bigger one) throwing out water with bubbles...

WHAT MAY BE CAUSE OF THIS??

AND AFTER THAT I FORGET TO CLOSE TIGHT BIGGER COOLANT COVER AND ABOUT 1 KM LATER I NOTICED MY HEATER DOESNT HEAT BUT MY COOLANT LEVEL GETS UPPER 250.. THAN I SEE MY COOLANT COVER AND I THINK THERE WERE NO WATER.. I ADD A BIT THAN FULL IT AT FUEL STATION..

IS THAT MAKE MY ENGINE ANY HARM OR DAMAGE??

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH...IT IS FOREIGN 4 ME..
Old 11-28-2006, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

Just need to check for any leaks and check the electric fans to make sure they are working. 250 for a short time should not realy hurt any thing just dont do it again keep an eye on the gauge.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:54 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Question

Originally Posted by 88zukon36s
Just need to check for any leaks and check the electric fans to make sure they are working. 250 for a short time should not realy hurt any thing just dont do it again keep an eye on the gauge.
i went to service becuz i see leaking at 1 pipe with bubles leaking after that he gave pressure and there were no leaking any where.. but after 2 days later it leaked and i make it tight with screw so no leaking..

today i wonder if my fan workss.. and i went to garage.. i parked and push da gas pedal with high RPM... the gauges got hotter 210- 220- 250.. and the Fan opened about that time..
after that gauges went to redline 260 but not end just start of redline.. i waited it to down but nothing happens fan working..

i get out my car and see the antifreeze water come out to floor..
i think it was come from coolant cover which is near at fender not engine.. (the cover got space to water to throw out u know) why can it be??
i ask with phone to a man who know american cars.. he said that was becuz of you pushing gas pedal while parking, not moving.. it is a harmful think but it is normal becuz of that.. he said add water again and dont do that again...

and i am wondering.. if i rider with no water becuz of it throwing coolant can it be harmful to my car i rider only maybe 1mile when i see da redline 260 i stopped my car... ?

and last thing... is it make my car vibrate when i stopped and my Gear is at "D".. i am asking becuz i noticed sometihng like that...

sorry for longg message...
thank you
Old 11-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Your problem could be as simple as a radiator cap not being able to hold pressure, which would let your cooling system boil over. OR Your radiator is blocked up, not allowing it to disapate heat very well; esspecially since you are having a problem heating up the car just while sitting still. You shouldnt have any problem overheating-driving or not. Your last statement has me worried that you might have a headgasket leaking coolant into the cylinder causing a misfire (your vibration). Those are my thoughts, hope it helps!
Old 12-01-2006, 03:31 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Question

Originally Posted by autotrix
Your problem could be as simple as a radiator cap not being able to hold pressure, which would let your cooling system boil over. OR Your radiator is blocked up, not allowing it to disapate heat very well; esspecially since you are having a problem heating up the car just while sitting still. You shouldnt have any problem overheating-driving or not. Your last statement has me worried that you might have a headgasket leaking coolant into the cylinder causing a misfire (your vibration). Those are my thoughts, hope it helps!
Thanx 4 ur reply!!

soooo.. what should I do??
Replace da termostat or the radiator??
today it overheat again i mean throw coolant from fender side cover..!! No low coolant thing and check air, no air too .. it throw coolant again and gauges got High... and my heater didnt heat my car..

What u mean with head gasket leaking coolant? is it a bad thing and how is its repair??
Old 12-03-2006, 12:51 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

You are only doing more damage by driving it, and yes the gasket repair is costly. Throwing parts at the car could also prove very costly!
Old 12-03-2006, 06:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You say you had a pressure test and showed no leaking-does that test also tell if the radiator cap holds pressure ok?If the cap does not hold the prerssue inside, water will get hotter than it should and boil out.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Radiator caps are cheap. Even if it doesn't fix it, still would be worth it anyway just to make sure.