Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Kenne bell few questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 01:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC questions/kenne bell

Okay so im really curious if anyone has messed with the kenne bell twin screw 2.6 or 2.8 on a fbody. i think i read of someone using the corvette kit with a little adaptation. I really like the idea of the twin-screw for what i want to do on my 99 camaro, but i was wanting some input from the crowd of the blown...has anyone seen one of these kits on a fbody or know of shop that has worked with them, better yet has anyone ridden in one?? Input is welcome.. but from what i see on their website dyno graph wise It looks like a great system from a reputable company and you get quite a bit..yeah its not the cheapest way to get the power, but ill take quality and reliablity and spend the extra bucks.

Last edited by sldrforlife; 11-29-2006 at 01:15 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 11-29-2006, 01:21 PM
10 Second Club

I don't think anyone has adapted one to an F-body yet. They are so tall you would probably be close to cutting into your windshield. There is a thread here somewhere with a kit for a Manacharger for the F-body though...

Dan
Old 11-30-2006, 03:14 AM
Teching In

always wanted a SC mounted into my windshield...thanks though, i guess the ls1's that i saw werent fbodys, they must of been Gto's or something
Old 11-30-2006, 03:33 AM
TECH Resident

I think a few people have messed with it and decided you would have to cut the cowl for sure obviously but might just fit without hitting the windshield.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:27 AM
10 Second Club

Yes, the GTO's will accomodate one as well as the corvette, F-body's won't without some serious modification. It might miss the windshield, but you will probably lose the passenger windshield wiper. I too would love to fit one in and have really thought about modding the cowl since my car is a trailer queen anyway. Just don't know enough about the KB dimensions (other than they are somewhere between 3-4 inches higher than the stock manifold sits) to know if it would work at all.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's dimensions some one posted a while ago...
Attached Thumbnails Kenne bell few questions-kb-2.jpg   Kenne bell few questions-kb-3.jpg   Kenne bell few questions-kb-4.jpg   Kenne bell few questions-kb-5.jpg  
Old 12-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Teching In

yeah i dont know about loosing a windshield wiper..mines a DD so thats not an option...cutting/modding the cowl wouldnt be too bad, its ashame KB didnt make the dimensions to accomodate the fbody market...they have a really great setup and i like the tourqe curve on the ls1 with the 2.6 it never drops off.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about lowering the engine a bit??? I know that the Ohio Boys, NA$TY-TA, and some others have done this for turbo setups but I think that may buy some much needed space...
Old 12-02-2006, 01:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DanZ28
Yes, the GTO's will accomodate one as well as the corvette, F-body's won't without some serious modification. It might miss the windshield, but you will probably lose the passenger windshield wiper. I too would love to fit one in and have really thought about modding the cowl since my car is a trailer queen anyway. Just don't know enough about the KB dimensions (other than they are somewhere between 3-4 inches higher than the stock manifold sits) to know if it would work at all.

I wonder if it'd fit in a CTS-V
Old 12-02-2006, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most likely...They actually sell maggies for them so i don't see why the KB wouldn't work...There is probably a little bit of room to work with...
Old 12-02-2006, 09:34 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GrnDragon
Here's dimensions some one posted a while ago...
Do you remember if that is a 2.6 or 2.8?
Old 12-02-2006, 09:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't KB realize that there is a definite market in the F-body world for these? Would it be cost effective for them to develop one that would fit our cars or not? I think they would make some cash with ease if they sold kits for our cars.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
Doesn't KB realize that there is a definite market in the F-body world for these? Would it be cost effective for them to develop one that would fit our cars or not? I think they would make some cash with ease if they sold kits for our cars.
I agree with you! They may have looked at it and found it to be to hard, who knows. Even on the Corvette kit you need a new hood. If only our motor's were not under the dam cowl! I think it might fit on a CTS-V though.

Dan
Old 12-02-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The unit in the picture is the 2.6L, but I was told that the 2.8L is the same height as the 2.6L but just a little longer toward the rear.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Teching In

Yeah i was wondering why KB hasnt hit the FBODY market, i can only guess that they figured the cost of modding the body or developing a new casing for the SC would be to costly or would turn customers to other FI systems..i wish they could just do a little more R&D and squeeze it in there, so we could all buy it and be happy with our forced induction lives
Old 12-04-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
Because like you mentioned its not cost effective, the cowl has to be hacked to **** to get a nice sized blower like a kb or whipple on a 4th gen.

Quick Reply: Kenne bell few questions