Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Problems with Pro Car Parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Pro Car Parts

I know they are not a sponsor, but I feel that I need to let you guys know what has been happening between me and them.

Back in April I purchased a set of headlights for my 1998 Z28 from Pro Car Parts online at www.procarparts.com for $192.00. After a few weeks had gone by and I had not recieved my headlights, I began calling to inquire where they were. I was told that the headlights were on backorder and that I'd receive them sometime soon. Well, sometime soon turned out to be August. By the time I got the lights, I had already sold my car. I called Pro Car Parts and they told me that I could send the headlights back and that I'd recieve a full refund.

It is now December and I have yet to see one penny from Pro Car Parts. I have placed several calls to them and each time I am told:

"I talked to my manager and he says your credit card will be refunded tomorrow. No, this time it will really work."

Obviously the phone call method hasn't been working. My bank told me that my only option is to file an "affidavit of claim", but that since so much time has gone by since I sent the headlights back, there is no guarentee I'll see my money.

Has anyone dealt with Pro Car Parts before? Does anyone have any additional advice? That 192 bucks would come in handy around the holidays. Thanks!!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:36 PM

Yes they are a bunch of crooks. I dealt with them years ago before they were first kicked off eBay. I lost over $300 for parts for my Honda. Al thier associates are compulsive liars and the managers/owners are worthless POS's.
-Nathan
Old 12-02-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Fantastic. So really seeing as that they are in San Diego and I am in Cleveland....what can I really do about this situation? Thanks.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Veteran

File a credit card dispute.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:36 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Expensive lesson. Next time use our site sponsors instead
Old 12-05-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bank won't let me file a credit card dispute because I authroized them to take the money from my account when I purchased the parts. They suggested that I just keep calling and bugging them about the refund.....so that's what I'll continue to do. Any thoughts on contacting California law enforcement or the Attorney General??
Old 12-08-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ZeeQuick
Bank won't let me file a credit card dispute because I authroized them to take the money from my account when I purchased the parts. They suggested that I just keep calling and bugging them about the refund.....so that's what I'll continue to do. Any thoughts on contacting California law enforcement or the Attorney General??
Tell your bank you authorized the money to be taken for parts; you have not received your parts end of story refund should be in hand...

Last edited by CashMoney; 12-09-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Fill out a REG E form" I work at commerce bank I fill these out on a daily basis for people. You can file for a non recipt of goods or services. If your bank doesn't suck A$$ they would of told you this. Ask to talk to the Branch Manager and if they are a douche go above them. Should be an easy fix.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by smg267
"Fill out a REG E form" I work at commerce bank I fill these out on a daily basis for people. You can file for a non recipt of goods or services. If your bank doesn't suck A$$ they would of told you this. Ask to talk to the Branch Manager and if they are a douche go above them. Should be an easy fix.
Not giving props to the language but yes, this can be done and the few times I have had an issue with a bank transaction, they filed for a credit immediately.

Quick Reply: Problems with Pro Car Parts