View Full Version : Fuel tank problem

stockz
12-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Hello, Has any one had a problem with fuel? About 6 months ago during the hot summer, my tank got locked like it was vapor locked .. and i could not put fuel in... now it cold and it is happing more .. twice last week, i can do 1 of 3 things .. ONE i can drive it till it is almost empty and it will release and i can fuel it up.. two i can wait till am and go put fuel in it .. or 3 i can get a small rod and push the flap open causing it to spray fuel all over when the pressure is released. ANY one else had this happen? any fixes for it?

Thanks in Advance Dave

Old Geezer
12-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Hello, Has any one had a problem with fuel? About 6 months ago during the hot summer, my tank got locked like it was vapor locked .. and i could not put fuel in... now it cold and it is happing more .. twice last week, i can do 1 of 3 things .. ONE i can drive it till it is almost empty and it will release and i can fuel it up.. two i can wait till am and go put fuel in it .. or 3 i can get a small rod and push the flap open causing it to spray fuel all over when the pressure is released. ANY one else had this happen? any fixes for it?

Thanks in Advance Dave

vent is not working. It's vented thru the cannister???

stockz
12-06-2006, 09:16 PM
vent is not working. It's vented thru the cannister???
Thanks id there any way to by pass it or do it my self .. kinda got laid off and dealer want my next child to do it :(

Old Geezer
12-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Thanks id there any way to by pass it or do it my self .. kinda got laid off and dealer want my next child to do it :(
the case, I'd just trace the vent from the tank to the cannister, [if there's 1 there], and unhook the hose.
Once unhooked, push a cheapo plastic fuel filter in the line to keep the dirt out, and see if the problem is solved.

BTW, I've seen cars with the cannister removed, and the line plugged off... same results...

Back to :lurk: