Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

US Exotics Hood ... how's the fitment????

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default US Exotics Hood ... how's the fitment????

Anybody got one? Just wondering if it takes any drilling or trimming before painting.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine fit nearly perfect. As with any aftermarket part, minor adjustments may be needed, since they are not OEM GM. For example, I had to adjust my headlight covers so they would pop up without being obstructed by the hood. If you do search, there are plenty of threads about those who have purchased his hoods. Quality and fitment is A+.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

super quality!!! take after the above post, my experiences exactly!!! You will be happy!
Old 12-05-2006, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My buddy got a WS9, and as stated, just some minor adjusting was needed. Lowering and raising some hood stops and maybe moving the headlight doors just a smidge. No real big deal.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Last I heard Roger stopped making the hoods for us in favor of the viper stuff.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:26 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the replies. Was just wondering because I bought one off Ebay last night. After I bought it, the guy Roger says it will take him about 1 1/2 weeks to make it and then it would ship to me within 48-72 hours. He indicated I'll get it in 2 weeks. For $560 and $107 shipping, I figured it was worth any adjustment or trim necessary. Do these hoods come with the screw holes for mounting hardware already tap-n-die'd?
Old 12-06-2006, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, they already have the holes for the hood struts, latch, etc.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

This guy Roger at US Exotics is the best. He's keeping in close contact with me and he has written me some really nice emails. My WS9 hood should be here as soon as he gets it made and finished. It will be here by Christmas and I think I'm going to be very pleased with it. He just told me that a few bump stop/hardware adjustments and it will fit very nicely. What a great guy.

Anybody else got one of his hoods?
Old 12-07-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would have sold u my ss hood of the camaro. lol. jk. i want to get a ws9 hood also is he still have a thing on ebay. or its just everyonce in a while.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't wait to get mine on! Quality is great
Old 12-08-2006, 05:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Disturbed Bird
i would have sold u my ss hood of the camaro. lol. jk. i want to get a ws9 hood also is he still have a thing on ebay. or its just everyonce in a while.
I'd have bought your WS6 hood next time I beta you ... lol!! j/k man ... got some tires now, so, we can run 'em anytime you like ... all motor of course (for now ).

He only makes them for Viper's, but, as he explained, he just does it ocassionally to give back to the community that has served him well over the years. On occasion, he'll post one up, but, he has to build them ... not sure if he will make anymore.

He does the exotics now from what I'm told ... mainly for the Viper.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
This guy Roger at US Exotics is the best. He's keeping in close contact with me and he has written me some really nice emails. My WS9 hood should be here as soon as he gets it made and finished. It will be here by Christmas and I think I'm going to be very pleased with it. He just told me that a few bump stop/hardware adjustments and it will fit very nicely. What a great guy.

Roger will take care of you, his customer service is second to none. I met him in person when I had gotten a mild outlaw ws6 hood from him a few years ago. Very nice guy. His hoods are also extremely strong!! When I had the blowout on the T/A and hit the divider wall, the hood was still intact!! Highly recommended!!
Old 12-08-2006, 11:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JEB99TA

DAM YOU !! I was bidding on that same hood. Let me know how it fits and if possible could you send me some pics via PM or email ?
Old 12-08-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CrawlinRS
DAM YOU !! I was bidding on that same hood. Let me know how it fits and if possible could you send me some pics via PM or email ?
So you're the dick who caused me to have to pay more than I had to!!! LOL!!! J/K man ...

I'll PM you with some info.