LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fuel System Setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel System Setup

I want to run this across yall and see what yall think about this fuel system setup. Its still in the works and just trying to get it all figured out. Ive got a Solid Roller 383 and a 300 shot NX Wet kit (all customized) but I am going to run 2 fuel cells in the back. One will be like a 10 gallon with a Walboro 255 pump and this cell will be my motor cell because it will have 93 octane. I am also going to run another fuel cell next to it but not as big which will have a Walboro 255 also. I will be running high octane fuel in it and this pump will be ran off the same toggle switch as the nitrous so it only arms when the nitrous is armed so the octanes will mix. Now what Im not sure is what size fuel lines I need to run and what kind of regulator. I am going to get fittings welded onto my fuel rail for the feed and return. Let me know what yall think. Pics would be awesome too!!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

i would think -8 supply and -6 return, i don't have that much knowledge on fuel systems though, just the one I did on my car
Old 12-12-2006, 01:53 AM
Staging Lane

Yea. I think I pretty much know how Im going to do the fuel system.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:55 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=42
Check out the fuel system we installed in this F Body. Bob
Old 12-12-2006, 10:09 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the 396 I did a -10 Feed/-8 Return.

Feed splits a a y and becomes 2x -8 and i ran that to the rails, then out the back of the rails to the A1000 regulator and to the tank.

Tony.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

With your setup, the motor system will be fine with stock feed and return lines. If it only needs a single Walbro, dont bother messing with the lines, just get an adjustable stock replacement regulator here.

Since your power adder fuel will be on a seperate system, here's what I think.
Single Walbro 255 pump, needs no more than -6an line from the pump to the regulator. Power the pump with a relay triggered by the main N20 arm switch. Your switch wont be able to handle the pump and all the N2O stuff without relays sererating the higher draw circuits from the lower draw ones.
The regulator will need to be bypass style, and therefore will need a return line plumbed as well.

This 2nd regulator, doesnt need to be anything spectacular. Just make sure you can plumb it with an lines and fittings, that it can be regulated to EFI pressures (unless the fuel jets are sized for low fuel pressures), and has a single inlet w/ single outlet.

Your return line on the N2O systems fuel circuit could be fine with -4an line. Your two different fuels will not 'mix' together untill inside the motor, and you wont need that big of a cell for the N20 system.

My line size suggestions are based on your pump selections in general. If you plan on making more N/A power than a Walbro pump can handle (like Tony S, Speed Density, myself, etc.) you'll need bigger lines on that side.
A single Walbro works good on -6an line, duals plumbed into one line work well with that line being -8an. -8an and larger is really overkill for N/A and most nitrous motors. The guys that use such large lines dont have a standalone fuel system for the N20 and therefore need the bigger lines to supply the injectors and N20 system.

If you need more help on this let me know.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Regular

id just run meth injection it about $300 and it will drop the intake temp and give density to the air fuel thats what some friends of mine run on there lightnins plus u got to retad the ignition any way and run 2 fuel pumps out of the same tank 93' fine the high helps but not mush the temps will get high fast with a 300 shotbut thats my $.02
Old 12-12-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Regular

hey that kid dont know what hes talking about so i wouldnt listen to his ****

Quick Reply: Fuel System Setup