General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Driver door porblem

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver door porblem

has anyone had a problem with the retaining clip that holds the door skin to the door frame breaking? this clip is at the top of the door underneath the door panel. my clip has broken and through opening and closing the door/ vibrations the glue used at the factory to hold the skin to the frame has come loose. now i have to push the door skin tight to the door to open it and it sucks ***... good fix? replacement part?? location?? thanks...
Old 01-02-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

Similar problem here, but not sure if it's the same as the clip your talking about. My rubber weatherstripping (between the door and window when looking from the exterior) pops up whenever I closed the door. The part inside the door where the clip connected was stripped because of me pushing it back in whenever it popped up. It took a little patience, two part epoxy, and an industrial syringe to get the clip(s) to stay put on the inside of the door. Hope that helped a little, and welcome to ls1tech
Old 01-03-2007, 07:28 AM
On The Tree

i work on helichopters and we have some really killer epoxies there and it always pops loose eventually... i gotta change that clip, or repair it somehow. the clip ( for lack of a better word) is about even with the side mirror at the top of the door, inside the door panel but is not actually part of the door panel. if you pull you stripping back a little that is attached to the door skin in that are you can see it. Thanks for the welcome by the way, this is a killer site.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ttt..........mine came apart on me. its just the top, back corner of the door. the glue all the way down the door came loose. what is a good epoxy. i cant see if a clip is broken or not.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bww3588
what is a good epoxy.
Hysol 9309.3NA
Old 02-06-2007, 01:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i cant see any clip tha tholds the skin to the door...........
Old 02-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

i have the same problem on both doors, the ends where the door closes are open all the way down. on my other t/a the metal clip on the inside weatherstrip with the window would always pop loose.

i wonder if i use the epoxy you guys listed if i could seal them good, and line it up with the door and body, as at the moment it sticks out about a inch.

any pics of the end result of the epoxy?
Old 02-09-2007, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ROB2000
any pics of the end result of the epoxy?
No pics of door repairs, but it (Hysol 9309.3NA) worked wonders on a Kiowa Gunship aft lower tub honey comb airframe repair. The A/C had a severe hard landing and cracked the lower tub just fwd of both aft crosstube mounts. Re-cored it with honeycomb and covered the repair area with double kevlar patches. Its stronger now than when it was new.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My outer skin was starting to pull off so i just went and bought some 1 hour two-part epoxy. It is working good so far.