Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cammed Trailblazer SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cammed Trailblazer SS

After getting a converter and a cam installed the car is now throwing these codes. This did not show up until this morning (after a 35min drive home).

[ECM] P0036 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2 (SES) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[ECM] P0056 - HO2S Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 2 (SES) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[ECM] P0141 - HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2 (SES) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[ECM] P0161 - HO2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 2 (SES) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[ECM] P0300 - Engine Misfire Detected (SES) (Old) (History) (Immature)

It is also having some idle trouble.. I cannot upload the tune because the file is too large.

Cam is a 222/224/566/568-112LSA and the stall is a 3400Vig..

These mods suck ***. I cannot believe I actually paid to have this **** done. Stupid me.

btw: I have not adjusted the idle spark advance. Any advice would be appreciated..
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Logs.zip (93.0 KB, 39 views)
Old 01-18-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Regular

make sure the sensors are plugged in then check the o2 sensor fuses in the under hood fuse block, they are called o2 sensor a and o2 sensor b. if those are good make sure this ground on the lower left side of your engine block isnt loose or missing. #3 is the ground for the o2 sensor heaters.

the p0300 is just tuning
Old 01-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

Well, the codes disappeared.. I was told it could be from my long tubes. The ECM thinking that the o2 heaters were not operating correctly because they are further away from the engine block.

I've attached two more logs of me trying to get the idle correct. I upped the idle spark advance to match my High Octane table.. also added some to the "Airflow Final Minimum"... Tried to get it running at 800.. Has some trouble starting up. Also wants to drop to ~600 here and there.

My main concern was the timing looked like this /\/\/\/\/\/\ at idle in the previous logs.. I took out some of the overspeed correction too..

What do you think is a realistic target idle for a cam like this?

Thank you for the reply and the diagram. When the car is on the lift I will do some inspecting. If this keeps up, that should be soon.

If anyone feels that a video would help.. Let me know. I have one from yesterday, but since then the idle has been dropped from 1k to 800..

http://69.165.167.234:8192

click webdisk and click temp.. You'll find a video and the hpt file..
Attached Files
File Type: zip
LogsV2.zip (24.8 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-18-2007, 09:38 PM
The know it all's know it all

I would up the idle timing a bit more. airflow final minimum is a good place to adjust running airflow at idle. Also you might want to adjust the cranking airflow sounds like its choking on fuel by description.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Cranking Airflow = Idle Startup Airflow Vs. ERT Vs. ECT?

Fast98: If you'd like, you can upload your buddies tune to my website and have people download it from there.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Blades
Cranking Airflow = Idle Startup Airflow Vs. ERT Vs. ECT?

Fast98: If you'd like, you can upload your buddies tune to my website and have people download it from there.
yeah that looks right. everybody has different naming convetions.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks a lot for the tips! Fires right up now. I'm getting there slowly but surely.. Now the issue is that its kinda surging. The timing is still up and down and up and down and there is a bit of KR at a 2.5k rpm blip..
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
V2.Idle.hpl (57.6 KB, 133 views)
Old 01-18-2007, 11:08 PM

Thanks a lot for the tips! Fires right up now. I'm getting there slowly but surely.. Now the issue is that its kinda surging. The timing is still up and down and up and down and there is a bit of KR at a 2.5k rpm blip..
bump down the main timmng table and add some to the idle spark table. should cure both problems. don't worry excessivly about the idle spark stabilizer its gonna noodle all over the place becuase the camshaft introduces roughness to the engine that would be impossiable to tune out of it.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

What would that do exactly? I am not getting any kr on the street.. I think I get it.. when I blip it, it goes into the main table and gets some kr..

Have you taken a look at the tune?

Idle.Timing.Advance.V2.hpt

I put that one up just now.. Thats what I took the latest log with.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What would that do exactly? I am not getting any kr on the street.. I think I get it.. when I blip it, it goes into the main table and gets some kr..

Have you taken a look at the tune?

Idle.Timing.Advance.V2.hpt

I put that one up just now.. Thats what I took the latest log with.
Too bad you guys don't know any real good tuners....lol!
Old 01-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Staging Lane

Har har har. Hi mike. I'm actually gonna be around on saturday. Bringing the escalade and the tbss.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Har har har. Hi mike. I'm actually gonna be around on saturday. Bringing the escalade and the tbss.
Cool...may see you up here, gotta meet some dude up here and sell him some parts.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

The soccer mom mobile has got some new mods I see....

What up man?
Old 01-19-2007, 03:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know about HPtuner's but there should be a table to adjust how much the idle timing jumps around.When you smooth that out it will idle nice.Also the fueling has to be in check for a smooth idle.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DustinWS6
The soccer mom mobile has got some new mods I see....

What up man?
Heh not much.. Yeah, I definately can't pass it off for stock.

Now the main tuning problem is that the converter locks and unlocks on the highway.. It'll unlock at the slightest touch of the throttle and then I'll be just cruising and it'll lock up. Feels like an upshift.. The rpms go from say.. 2k to 1.5k or 2.5k to 2k.

Shouldn't the converter lock up past a certain speed and just stay like that? It seems to me like its also relying on TPS/ETC.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Generally idle surge can be traced to the lower VE in the 0-1000 rpm range that is too rich. Depending on what your LTFT's are at idle, I would consider leaning those values out. I would also increase the Desired Airflow in Park and In Gear (more in Park).

For most LSX vehicles, increasing the values in the Misfire tables (in Engine Diagnostics) to the max will get rid of the random lock/unlock problem at cruise. Others with TB SS and high stall TC's have reported similar problems. Seems to related to the 4L70E trans itself, but I can't say for certain. I would at least try to change the values on those tables.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

Well, tonight the car died and it threw a P0336 code which is a CKP Crankshaft Position Sensor A Performance. Now it won't start. Possibly because I put the idle back to 1k in a scramble to try to get it running correctly for the drive home. Its seriously screwed.

What is exactly is a reluctor wheel. It seems like this is on the end of the crankshaft. When doing a cam install, could this have been screwed with? Definately bummed out.. More down time for me.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

Well, tonight the car died and it threw a P0336 code which is a CKP Crankshaft Position Sensor A Performance. Now it won't start. Possibly because I put the idle back to 1k in a scramble to try to get it running correctly for the drive home. Its seriously screwed.

What is exactly is a reluctor wheel. It seems like this is on the end of the crankshaft. When doing a cam install, could this have been screwed with? Definately bummed out.. More down time for me.

Reluctor wheel is on the back if the crank. The only way to screw with it is to drop the pan, etc. During a cam install it doesnt not mess with the wheel.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:55 AM
Staging Lane

Well, its not in the tune. Diablo has had it for a couple days and it idles fine and then dies about 1min into it. Had it in closed loop and open loop. Still throws the CKP code even after a new one.. Anyone have any diagnosis/bets/guesses? Someone come on here and make my birthday and tell me its because I need new wipers or something. JK.. Bleh. This problem owns my brain.

Its gotta be a ground or short or some ****. What else could throw that code that isn't related to tuning or reluctor wheel issues?
Old 01-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Ahh.. Bad Ground.. Drives great.. Cept for that stupid stall converter in stop/go.. I think n2o would've been a better investment.

Quick Reply: Cammed Trailblazer SS