PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Roadrunner and LC-1 came in today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation My Roadrunner and LC-1 came in today!!!

I LOVE seeing boxes with car stuff in them

I was planning on welding the O2 bung into the passenger-side Y-pipe since that side runs leaner.

Is this a good place?

I wanna get this bunghole welded tomorrow so I can start tuning Sunday
Old 01-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Banned

That should work out okay. Let us know how it goes.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Damn.... mine is still showing "out for delivery". UPS man must be busy today... its 5:15pm here.

Have fun with your new toys.

R/

Frat
Old 01-19-2007, 06:03 PM
FormerVendor

If you weld the bung into the driver side then you can run the sensor wire through the grommet in the floor.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:11 AM
TECH Addict

Question

Originally Posted by Jake@EPP
If you weld the bung into the driver side then you can run the sensor wire through the grommet in the floor.
Will I not have enough line to run it into the passenger-side?

If it's gonna be a big problem then I'll just run it a little richer since I'm leaner on the passenger-side; but I'd like it to be as close as possible without going too lean.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Buy 2 one for each bank and get them to replace your NB stock ones. Thats the ticket for super geek tuning.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Junkie

All tuning geeks have 2 or more bungholes

So how you liking your RR?

Mine showed up 2 weeks ago. I've only had 2 opportunities to use it, but it's fuggin bad ***
Old 01-28-2007, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

Angry

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
All tuning geeks have 2 or more bungholes

So how you liking your RR . . .

FU(K!NG SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe how UNuser-friendly the software installation has been for me so far

I can't upload my current tune to the RR because it says I haven't "registered" . . . which I thought I did TWICE but apparently did not

So I could use some help with that

THEN I can't calibrate my LC-1 to properly read the AFR because I don't have the LM-1 Programmer program to calibrate the wideband And I'm preeeeeeeetty sure that my AFR at a sitting idle is NOT 7.67

So if ANYBODY can help . . . please feel free to do so

I got so freakin' frustrated that I actually regret my choice to not purchase the Turbo 996 I was looking at last summer

Can someone PLEASE help me with these software issues?
Old 01-28-2007, 10:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Dragon
FU(K!NG SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe how UNuser-friendly the software installation has been for me so far

I can't upload my current tune to the RR because it says I haven't "registered" . . . which I thought I did TWICE but apparently did not

So I could use some help with that

THEN I can't calibrate my LC-1 to properly read the AFR because I don't have the LM-1 Programmer program to calibrate the wideband And I'm preeeeeeeetty sure that my AFR at a sitting idle is NOT 7.67

So if ANYBODY can help . . . please feel free to do so

I got so freakin' frustrated that I actually regret my choice to not purchase the Turbo 996 I was looking at last summer

Can someone PLEASE help me with these software issues?

Sorry to hear of the troubles you are having. Lets see if we can't help you out.

1) Make sure you are typing the correct registration into the fields. If it still says it is incorrect, give me your information and I will double check to ensure you have the correct code.

2) Here is the link to LogWorks 2.0. The LM Programmer is part of the LogWorks package. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...rks2-setup.exe

If there is anything we can help with, please let me know.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:30 AM
TECH Addict

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Sorry to hear of the troubles you are having. Lets see if we can't help you out.

1) Make sure you are typing the correct registration into the fields. If it still says it is incorrect, give me your information and I will double check to ensure you have the correct code.

2) Here is the link to LogWorks 2.0. The LM Programmer is part of the LogWorks package. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...rks2-setup.exe

If there is anything we can help with, please let me know.
It's asking me for a Key that I do not possess; but when I click OK it is not indicating anything is amiss I possess no such key and am not able to obtain a key from any original paperwork/cd since my EFILive was purchased over a year ago (I procrastinated delving into a new software for fear of unforseen problems; my apprehensions were justified unfortunately )

Obviously, said Key is where my problem lies as far as registration is concerned

I'm gonna check that link in order to hopefully at least get the wideband working properly

It's just driving me nuts that I've had this stuff for a week now and I haven't been able to access ANYTHING.

Kinda gives one pause when one considers the ~$1600.00 invested in tuning hardware/software/installation
Old 01-29-2007, 08:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Send me your serial number for your FlashScan Interface as well as the Serial on your RoadRunner. You should have purchased a serial for the RoadRunner at the same time. We will get you going.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Question

Send me your serial number for your FlashScan Interface as well as the Serial on your RoadRunner. You should have purchased a serial for the RoadRunner at the same time. We will get you going.
Sent you a PM.

I have the RR serial # but where can I find my EFI serial #?

I don't have any of the original paperwork/cd's/cards because I bought it off of Jes (screenname Wait4me) over a year ago and misplaced or trashed the original documentation/cd's.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Alright . . . I can't use the state-of-the-art Roadrunner I purchased at this time; fine.

Can someone just tell me how I calibrate this wideband? If I would have been informed that I needed a "dyno-display" so as to avoid the skewed readings I'm getting now, I would have purchased one.

What's a couple hundred extra bucks at this point anyway.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

Exclamation

!#@$%^$&*$^$@#$%!@#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNEW I wasn't losing my mind!

Jesse and I couldn't get the laptop to communicate with the wideband and I called Innovative's "tech support"

They said, in a nut-shell, I was basically screwed and that I'd probably have to send the sensor into their Engineer

Anybody wanna buy a car?

Only reason I bought any of this stuff was to utilize the Fueling AFR at all rpm's in order to optimize gas mileage. The car runs perfect and has 0 issues; minus the wideband crap.

Here's the mods:

Christopher's Nero Aldebaran on Nero Perseus and Recaro Leather 2001 SLP T/A FIREHAWK M6 #89

Bilsteins, Chrome Rims, Deck Mat, Birth Certificate, Portfolio

DRIVETRAIN: Stage 1 LS6 TSP Heads | TSP 239/242 .651/.610 111 LSA MS4 Cam | ARP 2000 Rod Bolts | '03 D&D Performance Viper Tranny | Byun Speed supplied F.A.S.T. LSX 90mm Red-Painted Intake Manifold | Kooks 1 7/8”, 3” Y | ZEX DIRECT-PORT Kit | Zex racing tuner’s kit | ARP Head Studs | MSD Window Switch | Textralia OZ 700 Clutch | F.A.S.T. 36lb. Injectors | Canton Racing Products Oil Cooler | Custom Transmission Cooler | SLP Hi-Flow Radiator | Corsa Cat-back with Borla XR1 in the I-pipe | Meziere EWP 160* | LPE 3 1/2" Aluminum Driveshaft | F.A.S.T. 90 mm TB | Racetronix Fuel Pump | De-screened MAF | MTI Lid-K&N | ASP Crank Pulley | TSP LS6 Ported Oil Pump | Rollmaster Double-Roller Timing Chain | TR Pushrods | SLP Bellows | NGK TR6 Plugs-Taylors | Harlan's Shiftlight | FRA | TBB | tuned by Me | Stock-sized Manley Valves with PP .660 lift springs | Mac Rear-End Cover with tighter lashed gears | Stock Hurst with UMI Short Stick | Autometer A-pillar Dual pods - Coolant and Oil | SLP Reverse Logic Module | New '04 LS1 engine at 48K mi.

SUSPENSION & HANDLING: Performance Alignment | 17x11" rear Firehawk rims with BFG 315 Drags and BFG KDW fronts | Sparco Faster Steering Wheel with Quick-Release | the following from UMI: Tubular K-member | Torque Arm | TA Relocation Kit | Driveshaft Safety Loop | Upper & Lower A-arms | LCA'S | PHB | Energy Suspension Poly Motor and Tranny Mounts | ARP Front & Rear Wheel Studs | Hotchkis SFC'S and STB | Brembo C5 Rotors with UMI Red-Painted C5 Calipers.

COSMETIC: Recaro Sport Topline Leather/Suede race seats, BPP 8000K HID Sealed-Beam Headlights, HID Fog Lights, Granatelli 200 mph White Gauges, Custom Firehawk Fuel Rail Covers, Custom Carbon Fiber Interior, Custom Red Leather Interior, Custom Red Carpet, Custom Red LED Interior Floor Lighting, T/A bird 3rd brake light decal, Custom Red Tubing for Engine Bay, Mallory Billet Polished Aluminum Interior, Firehawk Caliper Decals, Firehawk Build # Decal, Pioneer 10" Stealth Box, Clear Diamond Side Markers, Custom Chrome 5.7 Badges, Mgard Chrome Lugs, Trans Am Valve Stems, Express-down Driver AND Passenger Window Switches.

Last edited by The Dragon; 01-29-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Did you try connecting directly by the serial port or a USB-Serial Adapter?
Old 01-29-2007, 05:33 PM
FormerVendor

Do you have the terminator on the end of the lc1? If not then im guessing thats why it wont connect. I have an lc1 and have encountered this the first time i tried to link up.

Log works and lm programmer cannot be connected at the same time.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Did you try connecting directly by the serial port or a USB-Serial Adapter?
Do you have the terminator on the end of the lc1? If not then im guessing thats why it wont connect. I have an lc1 and have encountered this the first time i tried to link up.

Log works and lm programmer cannot be connected at the same time.
HP Pavilion ze4900 Laptop with Windows XP:
Check.

Keyspan USB Serial Adapter Drivers installed:
Check.

Keyspan working with LS1 Edit:
Negative.

Quatech PCM/CIA True Serial Card and Drivers installed:
Check.

Works with LS1Edit:
Check.

Either serial adapters work with LM Programmer:
Negative.

Terminator plugged:
Check.

I am going to attempt to use my Gateway work computer (didn't wanna go this route for obvious reasons) which has a true serial port on the laptop; if that doesn't work I'm gonna get some C-4
Old 01-29-2007, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs down

Thought I had a serial port on the Gateway but it's a female port; I need a male port

Bottom line: still can't communicate between the LM Programmer and Sensor.

This is going beyond the realm of frustration and into the realm of comical; just one step shy of "sell all this EFILive/RR/LC-1."
Old 01-30-2007, 05:11 PM
FormerVendor

I just bought a cheapo usb to serial adapter for my ford datalogger and lc1 logger. Its a belkin, usualy allways had good luck with them.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

I just bought a cheapo usb to serial adapter for my ford datalogger and lc1 logger. Its a belkin, usualy allways had good luck with them.
I'll try one of those; possibly tomorrow.

My Woman was feeling sick so the toys have taken second stage.