General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Shipping Prices *READ*

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Shipping Prices *READ*

I have found that its real shitty that I've sold some parts on here (look at my location) for decent deals because I get decent shipping but I find it hard to get decent shipping out here.

Where do I get decent shipping? At the ******* post office.

They are cheaper then Fedex and UPS.

Boy I can't wait to get off of this ******* island. If its not being able to get a decent deal on a part off of here (which is what the For Sale section is for) or sellers on ebay refuse to even look up the price of shipping here.

/sienfeld "What is up with that?"
Old 01-31-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you going to like a shipping store. Even though they serve fedex/ups they've got a sizeable markup to pay their storefront, etc. They're basically privately owned chains. You'll get a considerably better rate if you go directly to fedex or ups main office that's corporately owned. Some will have that office at the a terminal. Here the ups main office is at their terminal whereas fedex the office is at another location. Although I don't know if you can ship from any terminal if there's not an office there.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always find USPS to be the cheapest to send anything. I went wheels through UPS at one of their stores and it was about $30 per wheel... fucked up.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by greysteel_M6
Are you going to like a shipping store. Even though they serve fedex/ups they've got a sizeable markup to pay their storefront, etc. They're basically privately owned chains. You'll get a considerably better rate if you go directly to fedex or ups main office that's corporately owned. Some will have that office at the a terminal. Here the ups main office is at their terminal whereas fedex the office is at another location. Although I don't know if you can ship from any terminal if there's not an office there.
No. I'm mean from people selling on here and on ebay. I always get quoted some high *** number from UPS or FedEx and wind up losing out on a good deal for a part that I want.

Or

People won't even bother too look up the shipping numbers because of where I live.

Yeah. Thanks to my Navy detailer for sending me here. Hey I could be in Iraq.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

damm sorry to hear that, I didnt realize it was that bad. Kinda makes me appreciate bein in the continential US a little more, hope you get back here soon
Old 02-01-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sounds like you need to move to the real United States.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by greysteel_M6

To add to your information. You can get the same rate for shipping an item at the UPS customer counter as you can at a UPS store. The UPS stores make their mark up on packing materials not the shipping. UPS will not allow them to mess with the shipping rates.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sigforty
The UPS stores make their mark up on packing materials not the shipping.
There packing prices are a rip off. I had a UPS store clerk offer to tape a box up for me at a going rate of $1 per side. I said no thanks went out to the truck and got a roll of duct tape I had and taped the box up.

Then I had to go to a UPS terminal to ship something and I told the worker there what happened about the tape and he said he always puts extra tape on peoples boxes for FREE.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:40 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I generally use the USPS when I'm shipping stuff or I ship stuff through work and get the benefits of a nice company discount.

So sorry to hear that you hate living in HAWAII so much........I'm sure there are PLENTY of people that would trade places with you in a heartbeat.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
I generally use the USPS when I'm shipping stuff or I ship stuff through work and get the benefits of a nice company discount.

So sorry to hear that you hate living in HAWAII so much........I'm sure there are PLENTY of people that would trade places with you in a heartbeat.
I'm on the island with no race track.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

Default Q

Originally Posted by cwaldt
There packing prices are a rip off. I had a UPS store clerk offer to tape a box up for me at a going rate of $1 per side. I said no thanks went out to the truck and got a roll of duct tape I had and taped the box up.

Then I had to go to a UPS terminal to ship something and I told the worker there what happened about the tape and he said he always puts extra tape on peoples boxes for FREE.

I know a lot about UPS worked there in Engineering for two and a half years. Of course I got tired of the hours and constant travelling so I now work for the Louisiana Dept of Environmental Quality.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Yeah, like me
Old 02-02-2007, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blk97WS6
Yeah, like me
So you would like to live in a place that has more racism then the south (hawaiians only really like hawaiians), no racetrack, and people charge you and arm and a leg for shipping when it doesn't really cost that much?

Not me. Besides there are no seasons here.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Justin00SS
So you would like to live in a place that has more racism then the south (hawaiians only really like hawaiians), no racetrack, and people charge you and arm and a leg for shipping when it doesn't really cost that much?

Not me. Besides there are no seasons here.
I know what you mean man. I was there for 5 years while at school. I had a great time but there were somethings that got to me. I heard they closed down the track, shitty. I really couldnt stand the drivers out there, really bad. One drop of rain falls out of the sky and traffic stops.

Did you ever go to a Warrior football game this season?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BirdsOnly
I know what you mean man. I was there for 5 years while at school. I had a great time but there were somethings that got to me. I heard they closed down the track, shitty. I really couldnt stand the drivers out there, really bad. One drop of rain falls out of the sky and traffic stops.

Did you ever go to a Warrior football game this season?
No. I can't stand to be around that many people speaking pidgeon.

Actually I just never had time.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Its just like right now on ebay.

tnamotorsports (I dunno if they are a sponsor) has a badass deal on the SLP LM catback. But I've asked for a shipping quote to hawaii 3 ******* times and each time they ask for my full address and after I give it to them they stop responding.

How can they offer 2 dollars shipping to the continental us on a $400 catback but seemingly refuse to help out a military guy in Hawaii.

Like I said. I miss out on the best deals because there is always the "no shipping to hawaii" stipulation or they will offer a badass ******* deal on shipping to the continental U.S. but won't help you out if you live elsewhere.

/whiny bitch off

lol
Old 02-02-2007, 02:14 AM
On The Tree

You're a whining little bitch if I ever saw one!
Old 02-02-2007, 02:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AncientRgn
You're a whining little bitch if I ever saw one!
You damn right I am.

People are ******* pissing me off!