Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Differential Queshtion

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Differential Queshtion

Ok here it goes! I got my 4.10 gears in Aug of 2004. About two months later I went to Mexico and got my car of to 155mph minus the 10 mph caused by the gear change. No problem no noises nothing but my loudmouth exhaust. Then in March 05 I moved to Germany (IN the ARMY) and since the Autobahn is here I knew I would see constant high speed so I changed all my fluids to include the diff. I replaced it with Royal Purple which stated no additives necessary. Once I made it to the Autobahn it started making a med to loud noise. Its hard to explain but its kind of like a loud vibrating sound. It starts at about 110 mph and the faster I go the louder it gets. My car on made once to the track because I had a bad cluth so I only got two runs. So should I go to GM diff oil along with the additive? My car runs perfect other than at high speed. Oh yeah and I decided to check my diff two months ago and found no shavings or pieces of metal. What could be causing this? Do all Camaros have limited slip diffs, and how much oil fits in the diff cause GM oil sells with 23oz a container and other diff oils are sold in quarts wich is a bout 10oz difference. So how manny will I need? Oh yeah I have a 2002 Camaro Z28 six speed.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Default Ttt

Ttt Bump
Old 02-06-2007, 03:24 AM
Teching In

Default Ttt Bump

Ttt Bump
Old 02-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Default Ttt Bump

Ttt Bump
Old 02-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

maybe driveshaft vibration?

get it ballanced?
Old 02-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Default How

Originally Posted by dcrews
maybe driveshaft vibration?

get it ballanced?

How do I get it balanced?
Old 02-06-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

i drive shaft wont just go out of balance one day unless a welded on weight just flew off, which is near impossible. Id say you universal joint could need to be changed or one of your carrier bearings could be going but its hard to tell from what you described, royal purple is some good *** **** and oil does not cause vibration. If you ever had the drive shaft out of the car (LIKE WHEN YOU HAVE GEARS SWAPED) and you put it back 180 degrees in the opposing direction it could give off a vibration. so start with the simplest cheapest fix first, unbolt the driveshaft from the yoke, rotate it 180 degrees go drive it and see if the vibration goes away.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Default diff

cool cool will do!! I forgot to mention that I have the TA girdle which has two load bolts that rest on the carrier caps. click HERE
Old 02-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Teching In

Default diff

Originally Posted by boochacas
cool cool will do!! I forgot to mention that I have the TA girdle which has two load bolts that rest on the carrier caps. click HERE
BUMP^^^