Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ramair for the regular TA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ramair for the regular TA?

okay guys, ram air on a regular TA.. i am looking into air lids at the moment (my first modd!) and was wondering how the ramair setup works? i know you have to buy that metal piece for the base of the setup, but how the hell does it really work, and where does it suck the air from? whats the best product to go with?
Old 02-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Teching In

another thing. my friend and i were looking at how my airlid and hood is setup stock. and his firehawks ramair setup. where the air would/could be suck in, there the block of metal where the latch is. now we were thinking if you cut out holes and match the airflow to the air lid opening, you could have the a ramair hood with the regular TA hood. has anyone done this, any write ups on it??
Old 02-11-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Obelisk86
okay guys, ram air on a regular TA.. i am looking into air lids at the moment (my first modd!) and was wondering how the ramair setup works? i know you have to buy that metal piece for the base of the setup, but how the hell does it really work, and where does it suck the air from? whats the best product to go with?
do you need an air lid?
Old 02-11-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

SSRA.

Here's a link.

http://www.lmperformance.com/1858/1.html
Old 02-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

another thing. my friend and i were looking at how my airlid and hood is setup stock. and his firehawks ramair setup. where the air would/could be suck in, there the block of metal where the latch is. now we were thinking if you cut out holes and match the airflow to the air lid opening, you could have the a ramair hood with the regular TA hood. has anyone done this, any write ups on it??
After thinking about it for a couple of years, I did it last summer. This post has a couple of pics. It results in a direct shot of cold air to the intake - if you shine a light through the openings with the hood closed, you can see the bottom of the air filter.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/602430-cai-iat-s.html
Except for the RA hood, other systems draw the fresh air from down below the air dam with the risk of sucking up water.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Oh, and here is the original write-up I did. I was kidding around a bit when I wrote. Later I changed to the Velcro set-up and cut out some sheet plastic for rain blockers and screens for when it's buggy outside. https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/586504-wt-ram-air.html