Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

** Yet Another S13 240sx Powered LS1 Swap **

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ** Yet Another S13 240sx Powered LS1 Swap **

Well these things are poping up left and Right as you all have noticed on these forms. Im friends with ls1neezy, I helped him out a little bit with his headers and such. So alot of my ways of doing swap are basically based off of his, pretty much everything was pretty well thought out and done right. I didn't want to make this huge post and have like step by step bolt by bolt replay. Same with neezy he basically posted a while after he had finished it. Im making my passenger hside header today, and building my 3 inch exhaust. Im waiting for my computer from comming back from pcmamerica.com and the car will be drivable. Thanks to eveyone and all the ideas to make my swap come together.
Here is with 2871r 740 injector z32 maf 100 octain on a sr20det redtop

Here is engine car shot before I put ls1, Yes I blew up 3 sr20's lol

Driver Side Header

Pass Side Header

Interior/Shifter Location

Under Car Shot

CMC

More pics Located here at my photobucket. Pictures

Last edited by daftdrifting; 02-12-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Teching In

YEA ..... ls1 coupe and hatch . looks good rich .. lets get your **** done so we can go out smashing ..
Old 02-11-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

cool, these little monsters are really starting to pop up!
Old 02-11-2007, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Who would have thought your *** would be the first one to post. LOL *shhh its a hatch *
Old 02-11-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 6techniques
you can build them for under 10k if you do the work yourself, you can build them for under 15k if you pay someone to do the work. and then you have like the best drift car on the planet.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
you can build them for under 10k if you do the work yourself, you can build them for under 15k if you pay someone to do the work. and then you have like the best drift car on the planet.
Yes you are Correct!! depends you can do it cheaper somtimes depending on price you get the ls1.. if you do a clutch, flywheel! also i changed out to a ported ls6 oilpump, everything adds up, i also put a new clutch slave just so i wouldn't have any problems with leaks, i cant even add up how much money just for stupid little things here and there. Im in the 7k to 10k range im kinda scared to add up the total.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 6techniques
wont suprise me if in a few months theres a sticky at the top for the 240's.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

I've been following 1neezy's posts closely to get an idea of the parts I need for this swap. Currently I'm looking for mufflers. I was thinking about putting a 2 to 1 muffer in place of the dummy cat / resonator and then another n1 style muffler at the end. In your experience would there be enough space to fit the muffer midway underneath the car? How do you guys go about routing the muffer pipes anyway?
Old 02-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Teching In

me and daftdrifting are running two 3"dynomax bullet mufflers right after the headers , then "y" together right after the trannsmission , then routed to a 3" muffler at the back.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fouz65
wont suprise me if in a few months theres a sticky at the top for the 240's.
im schocked there isnt one. or even for rx7's
Old 02-12-2007, 01:03 AM
TECH Regular

rofl i havent spent nearly 10k. now if your talking suspension and all everything else minimally needed for a drift car then yea your right about 10k.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:05 AM
TECH Regular

im curious as to what and how your tranny mount was made.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

and then you have like the best drift car on the planet.
"like" being the key word.
best in the world are a "little" more expensive
formula d - charger

d1gp - subaru(but only beat a skyline by one point)
Old 02-12-2007, 01:23 AM
On The Tree

Tranmission mount!! Well see if it holds up or not. 1/8 inch thick plate that i basically cut up and tig welded together. I started out by mounting the rubber trans mount to trans. then cut a length of material and drilled holes to secure to trans ruber mount and let it stick out a little on each side. then i cut the one that i would be bolting to chasis. Then when i had everything lined up how i wanted it i measured and cut the metal to link the chases plates to the plate i had bolted to the trans rubber. then tacked it all in place with mig welder, took it all off put on bench and tig welded it.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:13 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mmdb
I've been following 1neezy's posts closely to get an idea of the parts I need for this swap. Currently I'm looking for mufflers. I was thinking about putting a 2 to 1 muffer in place of the dummy cat / resonator and then another n1 style muffler at the end. In your experience would there be enough space to fit the muffer midway underneath the car? How do you guys go about routing the muffer pipes anyway?
Why not just go with an exhaust made for the car and use a Y pipe underneath? I picked up a GT spec from Apex'i, which has more than enough flow to handle the LS1 (3" to 3.75" tubing). Not only do you get to use the stock hangers, but you get much higher quality (304 stainless) and what I'm guessing will be a better sound due to the resonator.

Talk about straight through...
Old 02-12-2007, 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by daftdrifting
Tranmission mount!! Well see if it holds up or not. 1/8 inch thick plate that i basically cut up and tig welded together. I started out by mounting the rubber trans mount to trans. then cut a length of material and drilled holes to secure to trans ruber mount and let it stick out a little on each side. then i cut the one that i would be bolting to chasis. Then when i had everything lined up how i wanted it i measured and cut the metal to link the chases plates to the plate i had bolted to the trans rubber. then tacked it all in place with mig welder, took it all off put on bench and tig welded it.
thats what i thought. iono to much about 1.8" tho. you may have hte same problem i have with material being to thin.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going to be using a Borla XR1 muffler on mine. I was thinking of trying out a one chamber flowmaster back there as well later if I don't like the sound of how the XR1 sounds on the car but time will tell on that. Gotta get it running first to hear how it sounds. From what I hear the Borla XR1 should sound pretty good though.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

arm in exhaust!
lol...

nice buildup man, cant wait to see pics of it all finished... looks like you really enjoy your track time, thats good to see!
Old 02-12-2007, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cnichols
Why not just go with an exhaust made for the car and use a Y pipe underneath? I picked up a GT spec from Apex'i, which has more than enough flow to handle the LS1 (3" to 3.75" tubing). Not only do you get to use the stock hangers, but you get much higher quality (304 stainless) and what I'm guessing will be a better sound due to the resonator.

Well I didnt like how the ls1 sounded with a ricey muffler on it. I heard a fd with a rice muffler and it just didnt sound right. Ls1neezy played some sound clips of the dynomax bullet mufflers and they sounded pretty good. as far as using a setup to use stock hangers!! thats nice but i like a Challenge and Considering almost everything on car is custom now doing a exhaust isn't so bad. Let me know how your car sounds ! I'm curious.

Originally Posted by Ted J
I'm going to be using a Borla XR1 muffler on mine. I was thinking of trying out a one chamber flowmaster back there as well later if I don't like the sound of how the XR1 sounds on the car but time will tell on that. Gotta get it running first to hear how it sounds. From what I hear the Borla XR1 should sound pretty good though.
Also as far as the one guy who wants to put a xr1 lol dang man we put one on a ka24de in a datsun wagon with 2 1/2 piping and that was so f*cking loud!!

BTW my headers i dont like to much!!! They didnt turn out how i wanted exactly.. its kinda hard doing it by myself, neezys turned out better when i was able to help him and angle everything right. i want to make a jig and get the runners closer to gether and not have then go down so low. and as far as that crazy runner on the pass header!! lol dont ask. i just say i was going for equal length at this point
Old 02-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by daftdrifting
Well I didnt like how the ls1 sounded with a ricey muffler on it. I heard a fd with a rice muffler and it just didnt sound right. Ls1neezy played some sound clips of the dynomax bullet mufflers and they sounded pretty good. as far as using a setup to use stock hangers!! thats nice but i like a Challenge and Considering almost everything on car is custom now doing a exhaust isn't so bad. Let me know how your car sounds ! I'm curious.

this is my car with 2.5" dual into 3" single and nothing more than an ebay riceboy muffler on the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MttrR1b6IXA

it's really not that loud externally and to my ears it's a good sound, but sound is an incredibly subjective matter . i might build another system for it with true duals both exiting the same side along with some actual headers to give it some more growl.

nice car btw.

Quick Reply: ** Yet Another S13 240sx Powered LS1 Swap **