Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

** Yet Another S13 240sx Powered LS1 Swap **

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daftdrifting
Also as far as the one guy who wants to put a xr1 lol dang man we put one on a ka24de in a datsun wagon with 2 1/2 piping and that was so f*cking loud!!
I didn't know if the XR1 was going to be loud enough cause I'll be running manifolds and cats at first but I guess I'll soon find out here.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:20 PM
11 Second Club

Well I didnt like how the ls1 sounded with a ricey muffler on it. I heard a fd with a rice muffler and it just didnt sound right.
Well, the thing about Apex'i and other quality import exhausts is the resonator. I'm no expert, but I have a feeling this is what differentiates ricer sounding exhausts and "tuned" sounding exhausts. I'll definitely get video up of it running through the GT Spec. I'm more excited about this than anything right now.

Oh and as far as using the exhaust hangers...I'm obviously not worried about fabbing up new ones. But, when it's done for you and you know it's going to fit perfect the first time, why not? No domestic manufacturer is capable of matching that quality and I want this thing on the road, so any time I can put towards other more important things I am happy to have.

Enjoy that beast!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

flowmaster outlaw or go home

http://www.driftlive.com/dl/2006/07/...nedited-video/

stock cam.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Well car is ready! need to put in my coolent, power steering fluid, and all im doing is waiting for my computer to get back from pcmamerica.com. i sent it out on 8th he revcieved on the 10th and now its the 14th so i dont know i emailed saying i need it before this weekend because this sat there is a big dyno day i wana dyno the car at here local. Here some more pics but there are also alot more on my photobucker in no specific order obviously. HERE

2 3 inch to single 3 inch to dynomax muffler.

Header Painted with 1200 degree paint! lol well see how long it lasts if it does. I want to redo the headers with thicker wall tubing next time, and make runners closer together basically a all around tight clearence header.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

what thickness are you currently using? like 16-18 gauge?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Dang that's nice. I checked out your pix. I couldn't tell, but are you using the r32 mount like ls1neezy is doing? I plan on getting this swap started next week. Maybe I can head over to the dyno party also Btw what ECU issues do I need to resolve to get it to run? I'm guessing the ECU will freak out because the chassis harness is no where to be found? I'm going to have to get my computer reflashed also, I just don't know what I actually need to get my car to run.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mmdb
Dang that's nice. I checked out your pix. I couldn't tell, but are you using the r32 mount like ls1neezy is doing? I plan on getting this swap started next week. Maybe I can head over to the dyno party also Btw what ECU issues do I need to resolve to get it to run? I'm guessing the ECU will freak out because the chassis harness is no where to be found? I'm going to have to get my computer reflashed also, I just don't know what I actually need to get my car to run.
Me and neezys swap is basically identical, few things here and there are different. Where do you currently live ? Also i believe the car wont even start unless you get the ecu reflashed. send it to pcmamerica.com for 49.99 and 11 bucks to ship it back to you! he does it. cheepest i have found. should have mine thurs. my vette covers will be here tomarrow, these are a must!! just hides all the ugly fuel rails.

Also im using 18 gauge wall thickness on the headers. i should have got 16 at least! just wasnt thinkin to good. anyways i will make my new ones out of some nice stuff.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Btw what ECU issues do I need to resolve to get it to run? I'm guessing the ECU will freak out because the chassis harness is no where to be found? I'm going to have to get my computer reflashed also, I just don't know what I actually need to get my car to run.
remove VATS. orange wire to battery/ black wire to ground/5 pink wires to ign. then 12 volts to the big purple wire (starter). ls1 runs. only thing missing is fuel pump. when i test fired mine i just hooked fuel pump hot wire to battery (for testing).

if you can get vats removed for $50, thats where i would send it. cost me 125.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

i thought that big purple wire went directly to the starter.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by datboibrad
yes the big purple wire goes to the start signal on the starter cyln. whatever i already did the wiring, wired in relays to fuel pump trigger wire and both fans wires. also relayed the ignition and ran fuses. only thing left it to mount the obd2 port and check engine light. i have to admit the wiring was pretty easy! took me a while because i pulled all loom and tape of my harness and took out wire per wire elinimating everything i didnt need anymore. all i need to do is put stock bumper support, bumper, ties rods and ends, brake rotor/calipers and rims and its good to drive!
Old 02-15-2007, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Me and neezys swap is basically identical, few things here and there are different. Where do you currently live ? Also i believe the car wont even start unless you get the ecu reflashed. send it to pcmamerica.com for 49.99 and 11 bucks to ship it back to you! he does it. cheepest i have found. should have mine thurs. my vette covers will be here tomarrow, these are a must!! just hides all the ugly fuel rails.

Also im using 18 gauge wall thickness on the headers. i should have got 16 at least! just wasnt thinkin to good. anyways i will make my new ones out of some nice stuff.
I live in southern california, in orange county. I'm think you guys are close to san francisco? Wish you guys were closer. Post some videos when it's done. My LS1 is going in within a few weeks. I'll have to take a look at the wiring asap so I can do it asap. If you guys have wiring diagrams of how you did it that'd be awesome.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

I live in southern california, in orange county. I'm think you guys are close to san francisco? Wish you guys were closer. Post some videos when it's done. My LS1 is going in within a few weeks. I'll have to take a look at the wiring asap so I can do it asap. If you guys have wiring diagrams of how you did it that'd be awesome.
Yeah i have a few pinouts.. depends on what year you have to i believe it depends a little bit. let me know. basically what the other guy said in the post. there are the fbody connectors i think 3 or 4 of them .. those ar ethe ones that hold the wires you will need. orange wire to constant 12 volts and i fused this wire. all pink wires on fbody plugs go to switch 12v but i pinout the ignition power pink wire and relayed and fused, also fused all other pink wires just no relays, i hooked the black wires to ground, figured out the fuel pump wire and ran a relay for that, the signal comes out + from ecu so when you wire relay you wire it for + signal to relay and the 2 fan signals at 2 diff temps come out - from ecu so wire relays for those also in that manner. anways you will figure it out. those fbody plugs basically have everything you need.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by datboibrad
yes. when you hit 12v to it, starter turns.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 158 Likes on 105 Posts

I ran some Magnaflow mufflers on my LS1 setup and it sounded great! Straight thru design 100% s/s as well. Only downside is that they are a bit heavy.

I made 440rwhp thru dual Magnaflow 3" cats, Xpipe, 3" piping to (2) 3" muffs. I wouldn't say there was any restriction.

The 240sx swaps are becoming very popular. Cool to see another one.

You should do some track days with NASAProRacing.com. You can do their TimeTrial group which is a blast and very competitive.

I have (2) 3" Dynomax straight thru aluminized mild steel mufflers if you are interested. They are brand new in the box.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Daft thanks for the information. I appreciate it. I'll be analyzing my harness over the weekend. As for mufflers I went with a dynomax 2 to 1 muffler exiting out of a magnaflow 3" inlet and 4" outlet. I'm trying to kill the sound as much as I can. I'd hate to draw attention from the wrong types of people. I'll post up pix in my thread during the weekend.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

what are the gto pan guys plugging there camaro or vette ls1 blocks where the rear sump dipstick goes ? the hole in block behind the starter! i know gto motors have a plug but i wana find somthing at the harware or autopart store. ???

Quick Reply: ** Yet Another S13 240sx Powered LS1 Swap **