Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I've had it with my Textralia Oz700...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down I've had it with my Textralia Oz700...

Cliff notes: I want a clutch that is smooth like stock. Suggest me a clutch.

Ever since Ive had my car, its had the OZ700 in it. Its a little over a year old. It holds well, but thats about it. I've had nothing but problems. When I first purchased it, It would whine and chatter constantly. It was suggested that I go to the track and put a few runs in it, so it would "burn" off the squeal. I ran a few practice runs on some dead roads, and noticed that the clutch would NOT disengauge anywhere above 5k. I bled the system, and went to the track. At the track, it decided not to disengauge from 1st-2nd, 2nd-3rd, and it ate my 3-4th synchos. Still chatters, squeals, and sucks as a clutch for my car. Just now I cant use 3rd or 4th.

So now Ive got to do a rebuild, and I'm going with t56rebuilds.com. While I'm in there, Im going to tear out that piece of **** textralia and replace it with something thats not so sticky. It did NOT work well with my car. I give it 2 thumbs down.

If anyone wants a Textralia clutch and Flywheel combo, talk to me. Its just over a year old, and only one track run on it. Im sure It would work well with a more powerful car, but as a DD I hated it.

So now I'm looking for a stock flywheel, and a next to stock clutch. My car is a DD, so something smooth would be nice. What are my options?? Also, What else to I need to change out while im in there?

Last edited by FbodyAttraction; 02-14-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 533 Likes on 377 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

The shifting problems you describe are definitely hydraulic problems. The chatter and squeal usually go away after some aggressive driving that you won't be able to do without resolving the issue with the hydraulics.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gametech
The shifting problems you describe are definitely hydraulic problems. The chatter and squeal usually go away after some aggressive driving that you won't be able to do without resolving the issue with the hydraulics.
Its the 02 hydraulics, new slave, and all new fluid. The only thing I havent done is the drill mod.

Where in the hydraulics can it be?
Old 02-11-2007, 11:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 533 Likes on 377 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

There is a good chance that the lines run too close to those dynatech headers. They are good headers, but by making the best use of available space, they heat up a lot of components. Try some heat shielding, along with new fluid and re-bleeding. I would hate to see someone get a transmission rebuilt, only to end up messing it up because of the same problem. Also, when you disassemble everything, check the torque on the PP bolts. They are notorious for backing out, and can cause many of the same problems as bad hydraulics.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Mine used to squeel and chatter. Apparently it wasn't broken in all the way. Someone on the board told me they had the same problem and told me to put it in 2nd gear from a stop, rev the engine up to 4000 and let the clutch out slowly, slipping the clutch until i got up to the speed. After I did that, the squeeling completely went away and most of the chatter went away. Mine grabs like crazy and even had a bad "incident" when it was brand new: https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/569418-bad-rear-main-seal-did-ruin-my-new-textralia-clutch.html If you are having problems with it, call up textralia and I'm sure they will take care of you.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:22 PM
10 Second Club

Well man, the problems you are describing with the shifting has nothing to do with the clutch. As far as it being too sticky....I have had mine in for almost a yr and about 14k. It was extemely grabby the first little bit, but now, it's no problem to drive in traffic, and grabs hard as hell when called upon. I absolutely love it and have been nothing but impressed with it. Sorry you didnt have the same experience
Old 02-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gametech
There is a good chance that the lines run too close to those dynatech headers. They are good headers, but by making the best use of available space, they heat up a lot of components. Try some heat shielding, along with new fluid and re-bleeding. I would hate to see someone get a transmission rebuilt, only to end up messing it up because of the same problem. Also, when you disassemble everything, check the torque on the PP bolts. They are notorious for backing out, and can cause many of the same problems as bad hydraulics.

Everytime I bleed, the fluid comes out black, and I cant see through it. When the tranny is out, I will put some heat shielding on the line.

Im thinkin about the Z06 clutch and Stock flywheel. How do yall think that'll work??
Old 02-12-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

if your having 408HP, I would get the ls7 clutch kit if your having issues. I like my text a lot.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by coolformula
if your having 408HP, I would get the ls7 clutch kit if your having issues. I like my text a lot.

I dont care about gripping power, just something thats a good Daily Driver. Hows the LS7 clutch in terms or smoothness of operation?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FbodyAttraction
I dont care about gripping power, just something thats a good Daily Driver. Hows the LS7 clutch in terms or smoothness of operation?

Just like stock. T56 rebuilds has them for a really good price.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Junkie

I wouldnt daily drive a trex but thats just me, it seems like over kill for 408whp
Old 02-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slick1851
I wouldnt daily drive a trex but thats just me, it seems like over kill for 408whp
And it was; I couldnt drive it hard enough to get the best of it.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

you are boiling the fluid in the line, you need to shiedl teh crap out of the line, use a piece of radiator hose over the line, and some heat wrap tape on top of that. Then bleed all of the fluid out of the hydraulics and replace with DOT4 brake fluid, it has alot higher boiling point and will be much more resistant to this problem then standard DOT3 fluid is.

I had the same problem with my car after I had headers put on it... wrapped teh line and changed to DOT 4 fluid, never looked back. I was running all stock 01 hydraulics too, no drill mod nothing.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

have you tried calling them? They give good advice.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by coolformula
have you tried calling them? They give good advice.
Yes, and what they told me worked.. for about 2 days, then It went right back.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

What are you going to do with the TEXtralia since you don't like it?
Old 02-15-2007, 09:58 AM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Pete. thanks but no thanks. I'm not going to tear into my car for a third time to install another Textralia product.

I'll take my chances with another company.

I'm done.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Textralia
FbodyAttraction, why don't you shoot us an email or send us your phone number. I'd like to get in contact with you. We have a less agressive disc (our X-Grip) which a lot of the Corvette owners seem to really like. Its organic on one side, and high carbon ceramic on the other side. Again, if you feel the Z-Grip disc is too agressive, I think you may find this much more to your liking. This disc is more geared towards those who would put overall street manners over ultimate power holding capacity.

Richie, the same goes for you. if you want a less agressive disc, we'd be happy to make the same offer to you also.

To anyone else out there let me be clear one one thing. Our goal is customer satisfaction first and foremost above all else. If a customer has an issue, then we have an issue.

If you feel like you have an issue or a complaint, no matter what it is ,then please, get in contact with us. We can't help you if you let us know you have an issue or a concern.

Send any concerns via email to admin@textralia.com.au

People are listening to forums to much on wich clutch and setup to buy, Im sure those two guys would have gone with the less agressive disc......

Maybe it needs to be more "Clear" for customers wich one would meet there needs etc
Old 02-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slick1851
People are listening to forums to much on wich clutch and setup to buy, Im sure those two guys would have gone with the less agressive disc......

Maybe it needs to be more "Clear" for customers wich one would meet there needs etc
I think what you've just said is common for most people buying clutches after receiving advice on the internet. There are a lot of people (me included) that go a bit overboard with their clutch selection. I'm running a Stage III clutch on my bolt-ons only car, and I'm sure it is fairly overkill for what I'm doing, and what I may ever do.

Most people that recommend a clutch usually gloss over the fact that they will usually have some chatter to them, have a stiffer pedal, etc. Not sure why that is...both aftermarket clutches I've had have had some chatter to them (both the Ram and RPS), and both have had a stiffer pedal. The Ram would also squeal every once in a while, even though it had a dual friction disc. So far, my RPS hasn't squealed on me, but it is also a dual friction disc (so it may eventually). I don't think I'd recommend a non-dual friction disc for anyone that is daily driving their cars...mine is still pretty streetable (although I haven't let my girlfriend drive it yet), but still isn't for everyone.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I guess everybody needs to evualte what clutch THEY need.

As you can see by this board the majority of text owners love there clutch and ahve great luck. There is nothing perfect. But they do seem willing to help. On this board, your going to hear bad things about anything. And I went with the one with the least negative feedback which is the text.

i hope everybody gets there cars worked out!