Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp exhuast or ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 05:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default slp exhuast or ???

looking at upgrading the exhuast on my stock z-28. i am thinking about running slp headers, slp high flow cats, slp y-pipe, slp intermediate pipe, slp OTA pipe, slp dual/dual muffler and finishing it off with a CME.

what do you guys think? is there a better combo out there?

how much hp should this setup support?

thanks
tony
Old 02-12-2007, 08:02 AM
TECH Resident

Most everyone here is going to shoot down the the SLP headers because they hang lower than the rest, otherwise they are good quality. The dual-dual exhaust is one of the quietest while still flowing very well. Sounds like a good setup other than the clearance issue. That will gain you 15-20hp.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

don't go with the slp headers. the install is a pain in the ***!!! pacesetter is a good fit and finish header with good numbers and they look great too. slp catback is pretty good though. it will be a very loud setup.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't waste any time or money on SLP exhaust products...except for the 2 catbacks they have. And even then I would not spend that much money for the Dual Dual....I have a Loudmouth catback though.

I would look at some Pacesetters or equivalent for a bang for the buck approach. If not, I would look into Kooks or QTP's. There are better headers and y pipes for fit and finish as well as power (referring to SLP stuff)

Do some research and reading...and happy modding
Old 03-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Teching In

get the slp, you wont be disapointed
Old 03-08-2007, 10:09 PM
11 Second Club

go pacesetter and spend that other 500 bucks elsewere
Old 03-08-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by stangnightmare
don't go with the slp headers. the install is a pain in the ***!!! pacesetter is a good fit and finish header with good numbers and they look great too. slp catback is pretty good though. it will be a very loud setup.
The dual/dual is one of(if not the) the quietest mufflers there is. I have Pacesetter LT's, ORY, into an slp dual/dual, it is quiter then the car was with stock exhaust.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by vatechguy3
looking at upgrading the exhuast on my stock z-28. i am thinking about running slp headers, slp high flow cats, slp y-pipe, slp intermediate pipe, slp OTA pipe, slp dual/dual muffler and finishing it off with a CME.

what do you guys think? is there a better combo out there?
how much hp should this setup support?
This is one of my quotes in the "Most Common Newbie Threads" thread.
"I'm ordering 45 items from SLP, and I just bought my first LS1 yesterday. Hoping for 375RWHP like it says on the package."

Don't go crazy on the SLP stuff, do some research, look around, there is better/cheaper things out there. They have some good items, but not everything is as it seems.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:11 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Black_Bird
This is one of my quotes in the "Most Common Newbie Threads" thread.
"I'm ordering 45 items from SLP, and I just bought my first LS1 yesterday. Hoping for 375RWHP like it says on the package."

Don't go crazy on the SLP stuff, do some research, look around, there is better/cheaper things out there. They have some good items, but not everything is as it seems.
^27

SLP dual/dual and CME is a GREAT looking/sounding exhaust setup, but headers/y-pipe can be found elsewhere. They will fit better, ride higher, and be cheaper.