General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Revelations...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Revelations...

So after 115K miles I'm finally able to retire my camaro from it's daily driving duties all made possible by my purchase of a '07 Chevy Silverado Classic ECSB. It's been through 60K miles with me through the 4 years I've had ownership of it. It's seen a few trips to Houston, multiple trips back and forth to NW OK, it's driven through some shitty weather and shitty job sites. I can't even begin to tell ya what a great feeling it is to know that I no longer have to worry about putting it though crap like that.

The best part of it is that's only one of the perks, another being that I am now able to understand just how fun of a ride it truly is. After driving one of these beasts daily for so long you kind of become jaded to how badass it is. After having my truck for nearly 5 months, and driving the camaro few and far between, when I hop into the camaro it's almost like the first time. Just like today, it made me giddy. It's amazing how awesome the SOTP feel is just from not driving it in about a month. WOW!

I grew up always wanting a fast ride and I suppose as soon as I was able I went ahead and got this one. The new had definitely worn off after 3+ years of payments and daily driving. Now, it's paid for and it's strict and sole use is for recreational purposes of mine, which leads me to another point. Funny for me to say this, as I used to think quite the opposite, but I believe now that to truly enjoy one of these things it's better that it's not a primary vehicle. You kind of lose sight of certain aspects of the vehicle when you drive it daily. I don't know, maybe it was just the fact that I didn't have the money to mod it like I wanted to that kind of made me disenchanted with it.

At any rate, I used to sneer at the thought of the garage kept/under a car cover type thing. Now it's seeming more appealing to me thinking that I have the ability to park the car during the harsh times of winter and undesirable weather and bring her back out shining like always on the good days. I'm not really sure what the point of this whole story is but I know one things for sure, I'm truly enjoying my car again since I've been allowed this freedom from it. It's great now having the ability of throwing that monthly payment back into the car so that one day it will finally pop wheelies after the green light is lit.

Justin
Old 02-12-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice to see your lovin' your ride again... nothing like not having power to make you truly miss it
Old 02-12-2007, 02:41 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by Unforgiven1
....it's strict and sole use is for recreational purposes of mine, which leads me to another point. Funny for me to say this, as I used to think quite the opposite, but I believe now that to truly enjoy one of these things it's better that it's not a primary vehicle. You kind of lose sight of certain aspects of the vehicle when you drive it daily.

At any rate, I used to sneer at the thought of the garage kept/under a car cover type thing. Now it's seeming more appealing to me thinking that I have the ability to park the car during the harsh times of winter and undesirable weather and bring her back out shining like always on the good days.
Welcome to my world.

After driving my 3rd gen Formula daily for 20k miles back in '97-'98, I realized these same feelings.

People these days get after me because my Camaro is a garage queen. They think you can only enjoy the car if you drive it 20k miles per year through snow and every other type of crap. What they fail to realize is, some of us actually have more fun driving it only when we WANT to, rather than driving it everywhere, everyday because we HAVE to.

It's so much more special to wake up to a perfect, sunny day; open the garage, pull the cover off a spotless F-body, and drive it around just because you feel like it.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Mine also stays in the garage a lot of the time. Even then you kind of "get used" to it. I'm reminded when I take someone for a ride that is not accustomed to that kind of car. I'll get on it and be like and then look at them and they are like. Puts a smile on my face.

Sometimes I think I'm getting tired of it but a quick blast up to 130 takes car of that.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Veteran

i cant wait till the day comes for me, but im only 17
Old 02-12-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
i cant wait till the day comes for me, but im only 17
haha, Hell Yea! I would love to be able to only drive it when I Want, instead everyday, but I'm only 20....I'm thinking about 2 years, 3 at the most, and I will be able to afford another car and let this one get some rest.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drive it every day I can. Limited driving is what made me bored with my previous car and I ended up selling it. To enjoy something I need to romp on it as often as possible Not to mention at school I drive it only on the weekends because during the week I don't have any time. RPM how many miles on your car? It looks brand new.

-J
Old 02-12-2007, 06:53 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by lastcall190
I drive it every day I can. Limited driving is what made me bored with my previous car and I ended up selling it. To enjoy something I need to romp on it as often as possible
LOL.... oppsite for me. Limited driving is what keeps me happy with a car! Driving something everyday makes me bored with it.

RPM how many miles on your car? It looks brand new.
Thanks. It's got 14,033 miles. It's about as close to brand new as a '98 can be.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Thanks. It's got 14,033 miles. It's about as close to brand new as a '98 can be.
Ah ok that explains it... that's a gem.

-J
Old 02-12-2007, 06:59 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Thumbs up

Ah ok that explains it... that's a gem.

-J
Thanks.

If you think the pic looks good, you should see it in person. It's cleaner than most 3 month old cars.