Unbelievable busllsh&t

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Unbelievable busllsh&t

http://www.cnn.com/video/player/play....car.chase.cnn

To bad he wasnt killed.

He could have killed anyone at anytime but that isnt a concern tohis attorney or the other ******* who thinks he wasn't a danger. I say you throw the guy into a lake and call him Bob.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks to me he tried to comit murder a number of times
Old 02-24-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

I am not saying he did not put people in danger.

But:

1) The police had no business persuing at speeds in excess of 100mph. By doing so the police were also putting people in danger. They are not perfect drivers either, just more trained and experienced.

2) Reasonable force is also to be used when trying to stop a fleeing suspect. For example, a police is not going to shoot a man armed only with his fists. They will try gas, shock, or some other immobilizing technique first. (Then perhaps the gun.) It was TOTALLY unreasonable for the officer to believe using a Pitman manouver at 100+ mph was a safe technique to stop the fleeing car.

Rot?
Old 02-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I say you get what you deserve if your running from the cops and they kill or mame you trying to stop you.
They tried reasonable force and it didnt work.
If all I had to do was take my plate off and hit 100 mph to get the cops to stop chasing me I'd speed all the time. 100 mph is nothing. With no plate you cant prove who I am and if you never stop me you'll never catch me.
**** the damn criminals even if they are just running from a normal traffic stop. That kid put other lives at risk long before the cop took him out.
Then what ok if someone runs we dont chase them at all? Send that message and see what happens on the streets.

If that was Portland he would have been shot dead before he was able to flee. Trigger happy down here, they open fire and kill all the time for traffic stops here. Men, women armed, un-armed doesnt matter. You should be worried if you get pulled over in Portland and your a minority. Sorry to say but its true.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:27 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

He got what he deserved.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

He got what he deserved and I'll be ticked off if he gets away with suing them. It's like the guy that breaks into your home, breaks his leg and sues you for it...it's messed up all the way...
Old 02-24-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

1) The police had no business persuing at speeds in excess of 100mph. By doing so the police were also putting people in danger. They are not perfect drivers either, just more trained and experienced.
right......let all the criminals drive faster then 100, and dont let the cops go that fast....thats dumb
Old 02-24-2007, 11:52 PM
10 Second Club

Shakespeare had it right 500 years ago - "First, kill all the lawyers"
Old 02-25-2007, 01:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
Shakespeare had it right 500 years ago - "First, kill all the lawyers"
Yes!!
Old 02-25-2007, 01:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I normally hate lawyers,

but I had someone at work put it a good way,
for the defense lawyers,
they aren't defending the person, they are defending the system
making sure that everyone gets a fiar trial.
sometimes you're stuck with a scumbag, but it's about making things fair for those who aren't scumbags
Old 02-25-2007, 01:37 AM
TECH Addict

Like it or not, that is the SOP in *most* jurisdictions. High speed pursuit has its limitations. And you can't outrun motorola .

You have to remember that the police are not judge, jury and/or EXECUTIONER in this country.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

You have to remember that the police are not judge, jury and/or EXECUTIONER in this country.
well.....I dont think cops are allowed to let others endanger others peoples lives either
Old 02-25-2007, 01:57 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by howierd42
Like it or not, that is the SOP in *most* jurisdictions. High speed pursuit has its limitations. And you can't outrun motorola .

So that begs the question.... if he was just speeding... why run? If you were speeding, and a cop went to pull you over, would you feel that fleeing at speeding in excess of 100 mph was reasonable?
Old 02-25-2007, 02:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he got what he deserved

sux to be him, but he shouldn't have run
Old 02-25-2007, 02:29 AM
TECH Addict

So if someone gets scared and runs does that automatically give the police justification to shoot to kill?

Again, I am not saying what the guy in the Cadillac did was right, but I am saying the police were wrong on many different levels on this case. If it was cut and dry then it would not be in the US Supreme Court.

It may come as a surprise to many readers on this board but the United States "Justice System" does not work like you see on Cops, Law and Order or Matlock.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
So that begs the question.... if he was just speeding... why run? If you were speeding, and a cop went to pull you over, would you feel that fleeing at speeding in excess of 100 mph was reasonable?
If I was already going over 100, absolutely. If he can catch me, I'll pull over, and congratulate him on his driving.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:34 AM
On The Tree

Matlock LOL!
Old 02-25-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

This would make PERFACT sense to me if it were in Seattle but,....when did the rest of the country go back to the 90s???? This **** just SSoooooooooo, "DEEEEEPLY OFFENDS me" ALLRIGHT there I said it! Its done, now I want to sue someone!
Old 02-25-2007, 11:54 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Wink

Originally Posted by howierd42
So if someone gets scared and runs does that automatically give the police justification to shoot to kill?

Again, I am not saying what the guy in the Cadillac did was right, but I am saying the police were wrong on many different levels on this case. If it was cut and dry then it would not be in the US Supreme Court.

It may come as a surprise to many readers on this board but the United States "Justice System" does not work like you see on Cops, Law and Order or Matlock.
I definitely disagree with you there.

I don't see driving that recklessly as being anything different from standing in the middle of a shopping mall waving a loaded gun around. So if the cops shot someone doing that, would they be using excessive force? I don't think so.

He's running because he's scared???? Are you ******* kidding me?

I personally think it is cut and dried, but our legal system has become so totally fucked by politically correct wimps that **** like this happens. If the dumbass would have pulled over, he wouldn't have this problem, he brought it on himself, and the officer that took him out should get a medal for keeping this nutjob from killing someone else.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 02-25-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Regular

Process of natural selection if you ask me... **** with the police and naturally you get the sharp end of the pointy stick.

Quick Reply: Unbelievable busllsh&t