Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST 90 intake wont bolt down...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default FAST 90 intake wont bolt down...

ok on my 02 Z im uinstalling my fast 90/90 intake and that coolant pipe that is used to flow coolant through the stock style throttlebody is interfering with the intake i tried bending it but there is no way i can bend it to exactly so the intake will fit on flush. what should i do or am i supposed to do?
Old 02-25-2007, 02:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C Murda
ok on my 02 Z im uinstalling my fast 90/90 intake and that coolant pipe that is used to flow coolant through the stock style throttlebody is interfering with the intake i tried bending it but there is no way i can bend it to exactly so the intake will fit on flush. what should i do or am i supposed to do?
u r supposed to use the ls6 coolant pipes. also dont forget to use the fast supplied valley cover bolts so u dont crack the lower shell of ur manifold when u bolt it down.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

ahh wtf now where am i gonna get those ASAP? ya i installed the valley cover bolts just no ls6 coolant pipe....would a local auto parts store have one?
Old 02-25-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

he has an 02 that came with the LS6 and the correct coolant pipe
Old 02-25-2007, 02:49 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by C Murda
ahh wtf now where am i gonna get those ASAP? ya i installed the valley cover bolts just no ls6 coolant pipe....would a local auto parts store have one?
doubt it. if u can weld just cut the middle section out and weld the ends so it doesnt leak. other wise u will have to 2nd day air it most likely from somewhere such as tsp--------->
Old 02-25-2007, 02:50 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mustang5.Ohater
if u already have the correct coolant lines there shouldnt be any bending-look around and make sure thats what ur really hitting on.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea mine did come with the ls6 intake so my coolant pipe should be the ls6 one too? well then why the hell is it interfering?

Originally Posted by Mustang5.Ohater
Old 02-25-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

I had the same problem. I had an LS6 intake with the front LS6 coolant line and rear plugs and the FAST was hitting the front tube preventing it from going all the way down to bolt up I don't know why it wasn't fitting right but I just took my hammer and a rag to soften the blow. Next I tapped the tube enough to bend it down maybe 1/2" - 3/4" and it fit fine. It wasn't enough of a change in shape to affect the flow of coolant through the tube. Maybe not all of the LS6 coolant pipes were built quite right?
Old 02-25-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

eh i got it to fit after some hammering of the line....now i have another problem... what do i do about the tiny (thin) vaccum line that plugs in the back of the manifold and also goes to a little switch type thing that has a plug connected to it? i removed my air system which one little vaccum line also went to this thing. the intake does have the provision for it to connect but i find it useless if i removed my air system that was also connected to this thing....
Old 02-25-2007, 03:42 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem, and I too have the LS6 coolant pipe/plugs. I just tapped it down with a hammer until it cleared the bottom of the manifold.

The tiny vacuum line in the back should have a T in it. One side goes to the AIR system solenoid, other side goes to the HVAC controlls. You'll see one vacuum line running into the wireloom by the PCM, this is the one you should still have connected. There IS a barb fitting on the manifold for it.

You should be able to just remove the T, and hook the HVAC end to the fitting, if not, just plug the side that once went to the AIR.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh alright thanks, im done finally with full bolt ons. ill be sure to plug that other end that went to the air system.