Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car falls on its face

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car falls on its face

Here's the scoop.....I decided to bump up my nitrous shot to a 175. I bought 42# injectors and a racetronix pump. I decided to just install the injectors today and do the pump next week....here is the problem. When I first started the car after I installed the injectors it was barely ideling it was so rich. I have a diablo sport tuner and fiddled with the fuel trims a while and it runs fine crusing around or part throttle but when I get on it, it is a DOG!!! it makes alot of noise but doesn't move anywhere. The LTFT's say 0% which I believe is where they should be at WOT but it is so slow I could walk by it. I really think it is faster half throttle. I have plans for alot of upgrades for the car in the near future but right now it is stock with a lid and a 175 shot and 42# injectors. Anyone have any ideas on why it would be that slow NA??? Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? Keep in mind this car ran Friday an 8.56 in the 1/8th on the motor....... right now it probably wouldn't run a 11!!! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by sprayin'99ss; 03-04-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your going to have to tune for the bigger injector'sAcctually change the size I don't think ya can do that with a preditor can you?
Old 03-04-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You have to change the Injector Flow Rate table in the PCM for the 42s. They are going to be more like 48s in a LS1. No way around that.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

I think the only thing I can change in the predator is the power enrichment which I have been unsucessful at so far. It runs OK around town and I finally got it tuned ok I guess but it definately isn't where it should be!

Do you all think I need HP tuners or EFI live to make this thing right again??
Old 03-04-2007, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sprayin'99ss
I think the only thing I can change in the predator is the power enrichment which I have been unsucessful at so far. It runs OK around town and I finally got it tuned ok I guess but it definately isn't where it should be!

Do you all think I need HP tuners or EFI live to make this thing right again??
It can't run OK with those injectors and the stock IFR table. You are running extremely rich right now. You will foul your plugs in short order. Pull one out and look at it. Yes you need tuning software to fix it. Once fixed with tuning software, your Preditor will be useless to you as any change you make with it will overwrite what the tuning software changed.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Do you have any more good news? And you wouldn't want to buy a predator would ya??j/k

Old 03-04-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sprayin'99ss
Do you have any more good news? And you wouldn't want to buy a predator would ya??j/k

Yes I do. I think the latest Preditors may be able to adjust for larger injectors and you may be able to send in your older Preditor and get it updated to the latest version. Don't take that as a for sure thing, but you might try calling them and find out. There are also custom tunes that can be loaded into Preditors, but I don't know the cost or way to go about doing that.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

My predator is only about 2 months old if that! I have seen other threads where people can adjust the injector slope?? Not sure what that is but i can not find an option to do that on mine, the only a/f adjustment is the power enrichment one that is very vague and has worked just good enough to make it drive around ok so I am at a loss. i will try and get in touch with diablo sport tomorrow and see what I am missing....thanks for the help!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lose the predator and get some real tuning software.