Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Just busted someone trying to rip off our office

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just busted someone trying to rip off our office

I was sitting at my desk and happened to notice someone walk into our warehouse, my first thought was that it was our warehouse guy getting back from taking the garbage to the dumpster, I didn't see clearly. Next thing I know I hear someone fiddling around in the front office and then our front doorbell ring and see a guy walk out with one of our flat panel LCD monitors.

First thought was it was our new IT guy messing around with something, then I thought, why would he take a monitor and nothing else? Than I noticed he parked across the lot and walked to the truck and took off. I than asked the guy in the back if he talked to him and knew what it was about and he said he didn't hear or see anyone as we watch the guy pull away from our lot and head down the road. I'm sitting there thinking wtf, than I decide to jump in the car and see if he stopped somewhere. I pull out of works driveway turn the corner and he is pulled halfway into someone's shop talking to someone.

I approach the guy and ask him "why did you take our screen?" which he said he didn't know what I was talking about. I pulled out my cell phone and told him to stay right there as I walked closer, and then I saw the screen sitting next to him and said, "there it is, what do you mean you don't know what I am talking about?" Then he gets nervous and keeps saying "don't call the cops don't call the cops as I walk to the back of his truck to get his plates down in my phone. He tried to back up over me and he handed the screen to the guy he was talking to before hand, the guy has enough room to take off and he tears *** out the driveway and I talk to the guy he talked to before. He told me he was trying to sell him tools after he tried to pull into their shop.

I came back and talked to a guy in the office he first stopped by and he said he walked in there looking around and then was shocked when came out and asked what he wanted, he did the whole "want to sell tools" thing with him too.

Talked to the popo and the officer said he has a pretty good idea of who it is, they just have to find him and have me ID that it is him, if they can't find him they have to show me a lineup of pictures of the guy.

Cop told me with me being 6'7" walking right up to the guy it is no wonder he just handed over the monitor, he was probably afraid I was going to paralyze him! Cop thaught it was funny I saw him walked out and thought "wtf?" and it was funny I chased him and got him.

Downside I guess is I will probably have to make sure I keep the tops and windows up on the TA from no on, somebody tries stealing from that, I will probably do more than stop them!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice stop man... Cant stand POS people like that!!
Old 03-07-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

That's awesome, how does it feel to actually be around when that goes down? I hate getting stuff stolen, you just feel so invaded. Some hillbilly felons stole our big screen TV a few weeks ago in Chelan, and it was snowy so we just had to follow the tire tracks to their house which was the next one on the road (couple miles away). But we can't do **** about it because they have probably already dumped it in a ravine after we took pictures of their tire tracks.

Also, I am an IT guy and I go to all sorts of companies to do work on stuff, and know how easy it would be to take something from a company. Even when I do work and the people who know me aren't around, nobody bats an eye as I walk past them into the office and sit down at a computer lol
Old 03-07-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They caught the guy and me and one other that saw him ID'd him standing there in his cuffs!

Couldn't tell you how it felt to be ripped off, I didn't know it was happening at the time. Even it being a work monitor I at first though "how do we explain this to corporate?" Thats about when I thought "screw it, im gonna go look for him."

I talked to the cop and turns out he has an STI and is into cars and that. He also is good buddies with my wife's uncle who is a sherrif in the county I live in.

After talking to him, I think I am going to apply for it... He started at 23 (two years older than me) and said he has enjoyed it from the start, just don't expect to make big money, but expect to be taken care of.

What you all think? Rott have any suggestions maybe?
Old 03-07-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

I'm glad you caught him..I hate thieves! And I know the feeling with having people coming and going all the time, you never know who's supposed to be there and who isn't...I'm glad he's behind bars where he belongs..
Old 03-07-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Score 1 for the good guys! Stupid is as stupid does.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice work
Old 03-07-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Way to go. Too bad you couldn't have landed a couple of shots to his chin That would have probably felt ok too !
Old 03-07-2007, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Right on man.. I detest that sort of individual. Loving the fact you ran him down and busted him..all I can say is WOOT !
Old 03-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Launching!

good catch man. To bad u could not lay a couple shots in. I hate people that steal. why what is the reason.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:56 AM
10 Second Club

....is what they deserve. Scumbags!
Old 03-09-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rawr256
They caught the guy and me and one other that saw him ID'd him standing there in his cuffs!

Couldn't tell you how it felt to be ripped off, I didn't know it was happening at the time. Even it being a work monitor I at first though "how do we explain this to corporate?" Thats about when I thought "screw it, im gonna go look for him."

I talked to the cop and turns out he has an STI and is into cars and that. He also is good buddies with my wife's uncle who is a sherrif in the county I live in.

After talking to him, I think I am going to apply for it... He started at 23 (two years older than me) and said he has enjoyed it from the start, just don't expect to make big money, but expect to be taken care of.

What you all think? Rott have any suggestions maybe?
I am a lil bit medicated so perhaps I missed something.......are you saying you want to be a cop? If so my BEST suggestion would be to get a 4 yr college degree in Management or at least some sort of business or accounting degree. Not too many Depts that will promote without a 4 yr degree and some won't even hire you without it. If you apply with a Sheriff's Dept, make sure it is one that has civilian correction's officers or you will spend the first 3-6 yrs working in the jails.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM or email me and ask......and stay away from Seattle PD....one of the lowest paid "big" depts in the State.

Pay can be good (at most places) with overtime, court, etc and you get (usually) full medical, dental, life insurance, etc. 99.9% guarateed job security and it is one of those jobs that is basically never the same 2 days in a row.......it can also be boring as hell, tedious (lottttts of paperwork) and it sucks having to take **** from people.....but for ME, the rewards of helping people, putting douchebags in jail and not sitting in a cubicle for 25 yrs were WELL worth it.

Quick Reply: Just busted someone trying to rip off our office