I have a 93 z28

k&N fipk
airfoil
royal purple fluids
flowmaster muffler
hi flo cat
tb bypass

ran 13.8 @ 98 2.0 60 ft

There is a guy that comes out to the carwash, stock c5 convertible, and he always has a passenger. Im probably getting new zri fuzion tires this week.
I was wondering if i raced him from a stop (those tires got me perfect traction before i wore them out) to about 75 or 80 do you think i could win. I have beaten an ls1 trans am with exhaust, and k and n filter ( i pulled multiple carlengths down low, he started pulling hard back on me at about 80). Ill probably take out my back seat and spare tire and jack.

What do you think my chances are?
Old 03-22-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the corvette will win unless he's a retard. you seem to be a good driver and all based on your mods and time but corvettes have a completely different drivetrain setup featuring a torque tube, and basically the transmission and rear end are all one deal in the back to even out the weight. (please correct me or comment if im wrong).

even if you do jump him off the line he will pull you by the top end.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
the corvette will win unless he's a retard. you seem to be a good driver and all based on your mods and time but corvettes have a completely different drivetrain setup featuring a torque tube, and basically the transmission and rear end are all one deal in the back to even out the weight. (please correct me or comment if im wrong).

even if you do jump him off the line he will pull you by the top end.
i know he will put me down by top end, that trans am pulled hard after 80, so i can imagine a vette, i was planning on letting out at around 80, the 1/8 mile for me. The vette is an a4 also, forgot to mention.

I like to race guys that people think i have no chance against. Ive been drivin lt1s for 4 years, and pretty much got the drivin part down. Just about everyone ive raced and was told i couldnt beat, i did. Not necessarily that i was the fastest car, but usually did my kind of races. After beating a guy who claimed his rb25det 240 was 500 hp (people believed it until i beat him), a 270 whp sr powered 240sx, an ls1 trans am, every lt1 ive been put against, and a crap load turbo cars and mustangs i only had one guy get the best of me. Ive kind of made a name for myself. Most people think my car is faster than it really is. This is a win i would really like to get in front of people though.

sorry about the running on, i got started and just didnt stop.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sry man your not pushing nearly enough power to hang with the vette at anytime. Even from a stop you might get a jump but he will walk right by you most likely before 80.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 95FbFormula
Sry man your not pushing nearly enough power to hang with the vette at anytime. Even from a stop you might get a jump but he will walk right by you most likely before 80.
kind of what im thinking to, but hopefully me doing about 75 lbs in weight reductions, and him with a passenger might make it a little better. I figure maybe with the added weight of a passenger, and being a vert he might be in the 13.7-13.8 range.

but what the hell. i figure if i race someone people think i have no chance of winning and i lose, than it doesnt effect anyone, but if i did win, it gets people talking. Racing people that dont know there car very well has really been a blessing to me.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would race anyways to I usually race anything I dont think I can beat because there is always a chance. even if there faster it doesnt always mean they will win. I have lost a few races because of that to me not paying attention to the lights lol.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

lol ive lost to a wrx one time, i was tryin to get him to race but he was talkin on his cell phone so i didnt think he would. i was in my 1998 jeep grand cherokee with a 360 and all wheel drive. but when the light turned green he reved it and dropped the clutch and was gone. i tried catching him but it was too late. i think if i knew he wanted to race i would have had a chance off the line, but he would have got me anyway in the top end. and no i highly doubt u will beet the corvette
Old 03-22-2007, 03:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

when my lt1 was STOCK i ran next to... if not a bit in front 90% of the ls1s i raced up to 50ish... after that they checked out...
Old 03-22-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by erickeown
I have a 93 z28

k&N fipk
airfoil
royal purple fluids
flowmaster muffler
hi flo cat
tb bypass

ran 13.8 @ 98 2.0 60 ft

There is a guy that comes out to the carwash, stock c5 convertible, and he always has a passenger. Im probably getting new zri fuzion tires this week.
I was wondering if i raced him from a stop (those tires got me perfect traction before i wore them out) to about 75 or 80 do you think i could win. I have beaten an ls1 trans am with exhaust, and k and n filter ( i pulled multiple carlengths down low, he started pulling hard back on me at about 80). Ill probably take out my back seat and spare tire and jack.

What do you think my chances are?
Stack the race. Only race him if he has the passenger, try to catch him with the top down. and only race him with dry tires, he should have wet tires from the wash so youl'l beat him in traction, weight, and wind resistance. 13.8 is pretty good especially with a 60 ft thats so high. If you got your 60 ft down a little you'd prolly run better in the quarter mile than he would with the vert. The only thing is it will be hard to catch someone at the carwash with the top down, but if its a pretty day and the passenger is a lady, he may pop the top as hes pulling out of the carwash.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

Is this guy an old innocent guy? Cus if he is leave him alone. I get picked on alot for my car and it gets annoying. It's usually by stupid little highschool ricers that stand no chance, but none the less, they are a pain in the ***. I'm not saying you would be, so unless hes a major douche, i say leave the poor bastard alone.

Do you walk in a bar looking for a fight, or do you just want a beer and to relax. Maybe this guy is just trying to wash his car.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LiENUS
Stack the race. Only race him if he has the passenger, try to catch him with the top down. and only race him with dry tires, he should have wet tires from the wash so youl'l beat him in traction, weight, and wind resistance. 13.8 is pretty good especially with a 60 ft thats so high. If you got your 60 ft down a little you'd prolly run better in the quarter mile than he would with the vert. The only thing is it will be hard to catch someone at the carwash with the top down, but if its a pretty day and the passenger is a lady, he may pop the top as hes pulling out of the carwash.
wheres the starting line, the car wash exit? if he rolles even 50 to 100 feet out of the car wash, his tires should be dry. when you do a burnout in the water box at the dragstrip, your tires are dry by the time you get to the starting line. what im saying is, dont rely on his tires being wet.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Put a catback on your car and maybe some midlengths then go race him. Either that or pull a 1.6 60ft out of your **** and hope he doesn't reel you in!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BCook839
Is this guy an old innocent guy? Cus if he is leave him alone. I get picked on alot for my car and it gets annoying. It's usually by stupid little highschool ricers that stand no chance, but none the less, they are a pain in the ***. I'm not saying you would be, so unless hes a major douche, i say leave the poor bastard alone.

Do you walk in a bar looking for a fight, or do you just want a beer and to relax. Maybe this guy is just trying to wash his car.
he probably in his twentys
Old 03-23-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

just dont get caught!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dont be scared to lose, thats how you make buds. Just tell him youl be bac in the Schartzenegger voice. LOL
Old 03-23-2007, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

I am guessiing the Trans Am had some traction problems. If the corvette hooks, he is going to walk you, if he spins he is going to get you at about 45 to 50 and by 80 he is going to be long gone.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wkniffin98ss
I am guessiing the Trans Am had some traction problems. If the corvette hooks, he is going to walk you, if he spins he is going to get you at about 45 to 50 and by 80 he is going to be long gone.
the transam didnt have traction problems, im the only one who broke loose. He's a really cool dude, and said he didnt think lt1s were that quick. He didnt make excuses like alot of people might

Quick Reply: question 'bout racing a c5 convertible