Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Disaster at the Track

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Disaster at the Track

Well I took my car to the track this past weekend. It's the first time I've been back in like 3 years. Made a lot of mods to when I was racing before. I was running 1/8 mile mostly for test & tune. I worked on it for a week straight, new wheels, slicks, rewired the electronics, wideband install, removed interior, tuning, etc. I knew I needed a clutch to put in, I have a SPEC Stage 3 CF just sitting around waiting for install, but don't have the time to break it in, it's a drag car. Anyway, here's some pics of the damage:

As you can see, I tore my DS in half, broke my torque arm, you can't see, but I bent my upper panhard bar, and my rear is sittin at a nasty angle. Time for new parts. I've got to rip it out his weekend, and take the rear apart, hopefully it's ok inside.

I'm going to order a BMR Trak Pack, BMR Upper Panhard Bar, and PST Driveshaft. Hopefully that will hold this monster.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:10 PM
12 Second Club

DAYUMN. What kinda power are you making?
Old 03-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember when that happened to me a couple years back, it sucked. don't worry about that upper panhard bar, I took mine out a long time ago, you don't need it. but you do need a new torque arm and driveshaft, thats for sure. you may want to get a driveshaft loop this time around.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by edwardswb
DAYUMN. What kinda power are you making?
Veloca Badger Gangly Nasty Power

In other words, a hell of a lot more than I thought....... <insert burnout smiley here...stupid forum>
Old 03-22-2007, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01sscam
I remember when that happened to me a couple years back, it sucked. don't worry about that upper panhard bar, I took mine out a long time ago, you don't need it. but you do need a new torque arm and driveshaft, thats for sure. you may want to get a driveshaft loop this time around.
Yeeah, I"m just gonna buy the BMR stuff, I really like it. WIll get a driveshaft loop to go with the new torque arm.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:32 PM
12 Second Club

well slick alone will do that to any stock d/s and/or tq arm. u got more power then that so that was going to happen eventually with those stock parts. and when u up grade all those parts then if u are still using 10 bolt then that will eventually give too. becarefull!!!!

fuerzaws6
Old 03-22-2007, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cowboysfan
well slick alone will do that to any stock d/s and/or tq arm. u got more power then that so that was going to happen eventually with those stock parts. and when u up grade all those parts then if u are still using 10 bolt then that will eventually give too. becarefull!!!!

fuerzaws6
Yeah, you're definitely right. I have a Strange 12 bolt, and yes I did put slicks on for the track this past weekend. Stupid me didn't think I'd have a problem with the DS or Torque Arm yet.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:20 PM
12 Second Club

Old 03-22-2007, 11:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's not that bad...
Old 03-23-2007, 01:24 AM
TECH Addict

Yep, the stock aluminum driveshaft will be one of the first things to go if drag racing. I twisted mine in half a couple years back too, along with my Auburn.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

I opened my rear and all looks good inside, thank god.