General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

GTO Forums

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GTO Forums

I guess i just cant stand some of these guys, dont get me wrong a lot of them are cool people and know a lot about cars. But then theres what seems to be the majority of the 04' owners that seem to bash at f-bodys and how they can easily beat us or what not. All the modded 04's go run a stock f-body and brag how they beat it, well no sh*t. Am I the only one thats noticed this??? But please dont get me wrong, i have a lot of friends with goats, and personally i like them a lot, but some of these guys on the forums p#ss me off.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all car forums bash on the f-bodies, take it as flattery.Its a shame to see Muscle bashing Muscle, let alone GM bashing GM. There still mad cause there almighty new GOATS keep getting mistaken for Grand Prix's. I have not read any of the GTO forums so I can't say that I am pissed, but its still sad to here....where did all the Poncho respect go. ::head shaking::
Old 03-23-2007, 01:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98NATA
I guess i just cant stand some of these guys, dont get me wrong a lot of them are cool people and know a lot about cars. But then theres what seems to be the majority of the 04' owners that seem to bash at f-bodys and how they can easily beat us or what not. All the modded 04's go run a stock f-body and brag how they beat it, well no sh*t. Am I the only one thats noticed this??? But please dont get me wrong, i have a lot of friends with goats, and personally i like them a lot, but some of these guys on the forums p#ss me off.

Dude, I haven't seen anybody bashing F-Bods...as a matter of fact a majority of the LSIGTO forum owned F-bods, SRT4s, Mustangs. I am an 04 owner that is raising the BS flag. It sounds like you want people from this forum to go over to the other forum and start crap because your feelings were hurt. Waaaa...grow up! Your defensive mechanism that you used (mom against dad) doesn't work. We are all hotrodders and GM weenies...STFU.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:59 AM
Teching In

Man, car folks will always talk smack, but you need to be honest in your post...the GTO folks are better than most when it comes to rivalries...you can give me an example if you wish.

Last edited by dozlert; 03-23-2007 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ How you are acting is in line with what he is saying. Although you're not bashing F-bod's, you're completely bashing him.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i may be mistaken, but all the races that ive seen between fbodies and gto's, hasn't turned out well for the gto's. ive been interested in getting a gto, so ive been doing alot of research on them, and so far gto's havent impressed me stock vs. stock to fbodies. example: i saw a vid. of a lt1 camaro with exhaust pulling on a ls2 gto. so i dont really beleive that gto owners have been talking that much s#$t.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Teching In

The guys that post on the LS1tech GTO forum are mostly pretty cool. A lot of them have owned f-bodies. There may not be as much info, but you'll like it better here.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dozlert
Dude, I haven't seen anybody bashing F-Bods...as a matter of fact a majority of the LSIGTO forum owned F-bods, SRT4s, Mustangs. I am an 04 owner that is raising the BS flag. It sounds like you want people from this forum to go over to the other forum and start crap because your feelings were hurt. Waaaa...grow up! Your defensive mechanism that you used (mom against dad) doesn't work. We are all hotrodders and GM weenies...STFU.
Listen to you and telling him to shut the **** up...how dare you come onto this forum lurk around with your 15 post and then make a remark like this. Go back to your GTO forum where you guys bash eachother and everyone else. This is a great site were we support everyone, from ls1 rx7s to performance trucks. And by the way...nice edit on your last post. Sorry to my fellow techers for getting upset.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Addict

its the internet, take everything with a grain of salt...... Its the same way on here how most T/A guys say carmaros are ugly catfish and how camaro owners say T/A's are too flashy and dont look like "american muscle" but DO NOT take the internet too serious or else your goin to get your feelings hurt ALOT

BTW: Camaros > all other LSX cars :flame suit on:
Old 03-23-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea i could tell as soon as i started reading dozlerts post he had on 04, anyway i know a lot of gto owners have had f bodys, and my friends w/ gtos dont look down on my car. And yes i know there is always bashing online, but like one poster said i figured gm guys would be a little cooler towards each other. But even on the gto forums they're sayin how misinformed some gto owners are, so no its not just me. I dont know, i guess it no big deal just gets on my nerves seein it, gotta stick up for my f-body
Old 03-23-2007, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

I have an 04 and if I was to run a camaro and win I would post about it.. Because I consider them fast even stock. I also love the look and power of a camaro and if they were still in production I would most likely have one for myself. But found myself needing a dependable DD to get to work and can only afford one car.

If I race a stock car its not my fault I'm modded a kill is a kill but i bet I weigh more. If your stock and hear my loud exhast just don't run me.. And trust me I've been beat before so don't flame me please.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by My 04 Goat
I have an 04 and if I was to run a camaro and win I would post about it.. Because I consider them fast even stock. I also love the look and power of a camaro and if they were still in production I would most likely have one for myself. But found myself needing a dependable DD to get to work and can only afford one car.

If I race a stock car its not my fault I'm modded a kill is a kill but i bet I weigh more. If your stock and hear my loud exhast just don't run me.. And trust me I've been beat before so don't flame me please.
of course, but what pisses me off about "that" forum is the fact that the GTO owner always tries to make f-bodies look bad, and as if they were an easy target.

i posted a vid of me racing 2 LS2 GTOs when we both had just catbacks and intakes and the GTO owners called bullshit and started a huge thing over it.

me and my friends have lots of jokes about the GTO guys. and my friends own GTOs

Last edited by 02NBMWS6; 03-23-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

Werd, i bought my t/a over a gto my dad had a 04 on lease for two years. silver with red leather 1 owner my meticulous dad. my dumb *** bought a convertible ws6 triple black. oh well the gto was too luxurious!!
Old 03-24-2007, 12:39 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Some of us GTO owners still own F-bodies... in fact, I'd sell my GTO before I sold my 'Birds.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have seen some examples of this online. I was semi-interested in a Goat when they first came out until I saw they were somewhat dissapointing in stock form. I have only talked to one 04 owner in person and I have to say....he was the cockiest SOB I have ever talked to. He referred to that car like it was his messiah or something. But even with that experience I dont think all goat owners are like that. I wouldn't mind having an LS2 car, I think they look awesome and man that interior rocks.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SilverStang00
He referred to that car like it was his messiah or something.
LOL!

I raced a LS2 GTO when I was just a bolt'on car and put about 2 lengths on him but he wasn't anything like some of the GTO owners that you guys are talking about. This guy was an older gentleman that bragged on MY car a lot after the race and told me how much he liked it. Never raced an 04 Goat but I did watch one dyno once on a dynojet and he laid down 322hp in stock form.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:18 AM
Launching!

How about looking at this forum and how people talk about other types of cars... even though I have an LS1 Fbody, I get sick and tired of almost every post on here that mentions an Evo or Sti or SRT4 etc, and the driver is INSTANTLY tagged as "ricer" numerous times throughout the post, even if the person didn't do anything wrong. Just by the mere fact that its an Evo that lost to a domestic in a kills post, that automatically makes the owner/car a ricer/rice. A good portion of my close friends and people I hang out with drive imports. In fact, I am a moderator on an import-based site... www.TURBOforum.net. I have respect for all cars. So why is it that people have to be so arrogant on here as well as other sites? [/rant]
Old 03-25-2007, 02:32 AM
NKAWTG...N

People fear what they do not understand...

I agree with you Reidonly. Any car that is tastefully modded gets only my respect. Wish more people were like that these days.

Originally Posted by Reidonly
How about looking at this forum and how people talk about other types of cars... even though I have an LS1 Fbody, I get sick and tired of almost every post on here that mentions an Evo or Sti or SRT4 etc, and the driver is INSTANTLY tagged as "ricer" numerous times throughout the post, even if the person didn't do anything wrong. Just by the mere fact that its an Evo that lost to a domestic in a kills post, that automatically makes the owner/car a ricer/rice. A good portion of my close friends and people I hang out with drive imports. In fact, I am a moderator on an import-based site... www.TURBOforum.net. I have respect for all cars. So why is it that people have to be so arrogant on here as well as other sites? [/rant]
Old 03-25-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

^agree with you both. I have friends that have SRT-4's, Subies, some Nissans. I respect all of their cars and they respect mine. I have always been a pro Ford guy that gave GM mad respect cuz it was deserved. It gripes me bad when some tools on here attack other vehicles just because of their make. Rivalry's are cool, but some take it too far.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea its whatever i jus noticed the GTO guys online, all of my friends w/ gtos, ls1 and 2, are cool and love my car and i like theirs...as far as srt4's i dont like them, every one ive puilled up to jus look at my car like it isnt **** and drive like d#cks, i dont mind evo's mustangs etc., and every car has cocky drivers, but when its a front wheel drive 4 banger its jus not my type, and when their cocky drivers that tops it off, but thats just me