Sponsored by: DashLynx

Breathless headlights HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breathless headlights HELP!

http://www.breathlessperformance.com...53firebird.asp

i wanna put these headlights on my bird and paint them body color of course. BUT im not goign to pay $1000 for them at all. if anyone has the headlights and wants to go back to stock ill trade for the stock headlights off my car(EVERYTHING u need) AND pay for them. i think they look VERY nice on LS1 birds but the lt1 birds are ugly.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they suck. the lighting isnt worth a grand, they leak and have fitment issues at times. stick with the pop ups and get a nice HID kit
Old 03-25-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tainted
they suck. the lighting isnt worth a grand, they leak and have fitment issues at times. stick with the pop ups and get a nice HID kit
I have a feeling this is just what you have read right? I kinda get that vibe about a lot of your posts.

Maybe someone can chime in with experience because I have seen them in person (not an lt1 though) and the lighting is amazing. Not to mention you can easily go with an HID kit with these much easier than the factory pop ups as well
Old 03-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Banned

HIDs all the way, those headlights are in no way worth $1099 and most f-body owners that walk by your car is going to shake their head
Old 03-25-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian2006
I have a feeling this is just what you have read right? I kinda get that vibe about a lot of your posts.

Maybe someone can chime in with experience because I have seen them in person (not an lt1 though) and the lighting is amazing. Not to mention you can easily go with an HID kit with these much easier than the factory pop ups as well

well you are right, ive never actually seen them in person but the people who do have them on here that ive seen dont talk very highly about them. and if the owner just purchased 1000$ lights and cant say much good about them then they must not be to good of a kit
Old 03-25-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tainted
well you are right, ive never actually seen them in person but the people who do have them on here that ive seen dont talk very highly about them. and if the owner just purchased 1000$ lights and cant say much good about them then they must not be to good of a kit
That's cool that you've read that but it may be better than some biased opinion. Like I said I've seen a couple in person (although not in an lt1) and the owners spoke really high of them and they looked amazing.

I guess to each it's own but if the brightness is the issue an HIDs were an option, why not just put them in the breathless?
Old 03-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Teching In

u lost me with the HIDs.... fitment issues isnt a problem for me neither is leaking. both can be fixed very easily with local hardware items. i think they look amazing on red, or white birds painted the body color.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok...speaking as someone that has them....THE EFFING SUCK *****!!

The fit is horrible and looks like something a 4 year old codgered up for a school project. The cheap *** plastic "lexan" covers are cheap and dont last for crap, the holes dont even line up with the other holes in the housings, and cost $200 a pair to replace, went through that 2x and pulled them off and filled in the holes they have in the housings. The housings are poorly made, warp easily, fit like shyt, and leave gaps everywhere around them.

The low beams are actually a high beam from a 93 camaro, the "high beams" are actually just CATZ foglights and are 100% USELESS! The wiring harness is simply a stock harness hacked up and spliced, it also has issues over time.

I have spent the money to get them, the repair of 2 sets of lenses *their cust service by the way sucks dick*, the 4-600 of body work, sanding and filling to make them look decent and be painted to match the car, and they STILL fit like *****!

I have upgraded the sealed beam pos's to a Eurolights housing and put in HID's and love them....as for the rest of the kit, its worth about $100 tops. The only thing that required any real thought was the aluminum bracket and if you have access to alum and an alum. welder your set. the cheap *** plastic housing is crap and it should have been one sealed up unit from the get go like the vettes are.

From the looks of the LT1 kit, they might have pulled thier heads out of thier asses long enough to take a breath but they are still hittin the pipe on the price of them.

I would save your self the heartache and anger and just stay with the popups. Dont get me wrong, from 20 feet away I love them, and it makes my car stand out, some hate it, some love it. But that is ok.

Dave

Quick Reply: Breathless headlights HELP!