General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What to make my car a show stopper?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What to make my car a show stopper?

Well I got my Trans Am about a year ago. I am just wondering what exactly more I have to do in order to start winning some shows or stuff. Ive done a few here and there but I never even place

Basically my idea is keep it very clean and do subtle things to make it look modified. This backed up with performance stuff and fine touches. The body, interior, and engine bay are all perfect in every way and the car is Sunset orange metallic. This season should be a lot better now that it is cammed, and the suspension is complete.

Here's my fquick:
http://www.fquick.com/garages/Pontia..._Am/2002/2074/
You can take a peak at what we are working with here. Those pictures are sort of old, i have done many small things

Basically here is a list of just about everything I did:
Cammed it (lopes like crazy now)
Full boltons
Full suspension
Firehawk Rims
SLP HO hood

Small things like:
-gauges
-stealthbox & sub
-took all the stickers out from under the hood, including emissions and battery.
-vette frc's (likely will paint to match body this year and trans am emblems)
-painted rotors, calipers, and inside of rims (black to add contrast)
-the entire underbody and suspension is rust free and most of it is painted.
-painted the slp ho hood's nostrils glossy black
-it is always detailed to the max
- I can't think of anything on the car that doesn't look perfect.
-ceta rear panel
-nice chrome exhaust tips
-!wire mod
-!emissions (clutter)

Plans:
Textralia Clutch
9 inch rearend
Nice set of tires
75-150 wet shot Nitrous

Last edited by pHEnomIC; 03-26-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

not sure why you have not won any shows, that car is clean. I'm going to be entering mine in a couple of weeks at one. Maybe its just the wrong type of shows, if the judges are older, they are probably going to give the old muscle cars a little advantage cause it is what they grew up with and still love instead of the newer models cars, but thats jmo.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe add some silver emblems to make it pop. Other than that I really like it. I don't even know if I'd recommend getting other rims. If you got them widened that would look real nice.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some Fikses or maybe some CCWs would work just fine... I'm just not a fan of the Firehawk wheels for some reason. IMO I would tint the side windows. Other than that the car looks good.

-J
Old 03-26-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

I mean theres only so much you can do to these cars. In my opinion your car is nice its modded but not to the point of "rice" I just wouldnt go overboard with the appearance stuff and cluster it up
Old 03-26-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice taste, personally I like the firehawk wheels but there's definitely nicer ones out there. What are you using on the paint?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:21 PM
11 Second Club

Hmm interesting on the rims. I love the firehawk rims right now and get a lot of compliments so I think that I will keep them for the time being but if I get bored, that is definately something I could do.

On the paint, i use NXT. I do a claybar, step 1, step 2, and then few coats of nxt wax. Seems to really shine with this paint.

The side window tinting is a great idea i haven't thought about. Ill have to take a peek at my car next time i go home and make that decision. The back one is limo dark. Thing is, at shows i usually have the windows rolled down and the tops off. But it could add that touch and would only cost ~60$.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

60 bucks?!?! Damn wish tint here was that cheap Personally, if you don't have a lot of interior work done (which is fine, IMO I like a simple interior), then tinted windows rolled up doesn't seem like it would make the judges cry. Plus it makes the car that much more enjoyable to drive on days with bright sun.

-J
Old 03-26-2007, 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to use NXT, IMO it's the best over the counter wax out there. I've switched to zaino recently and there's no comparison between the two. If you've got your bird in show condition you should really think about dropping some change on some quality stuff, tropi-care and zaino seem to be the most popular around here.