Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

rear mount oiling???

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear mount oiling???

does anybody know the part number of the corvette gear oil pump that some people are using on a rear mount turbo set up. i used to have it but i have forgotten the number. any help would be appreciated
Old 04-01-2007, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

anybody?????
Old 04-02-2007, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

ive heard that weldon makes them, but i get a good deal on chevy parts so im trying to get that one
Old 04-02-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Theres a lot out there. I have been suggesting the enginegear pumps due to their brass bodies, bronze gears, and stainless shafts. Theyre very small, not quite as loud as mocal/tilton pumps, and they have been proven to last.

I don't know their website but google search "enginegear pump" and youll find it. I would suggest not going with a weldon/tilton/mocal due to their diaphragm design failing lately in other cars.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Launching!

gear drive pumps are def the way to go. i know ebay has a few
Old 04-02-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JAvenger007
Theres a lot out there. I have been suggesting the enginegear pumps due to their brass bodies, bronze gears, and stainless shafts. Theyre very small, not quite as loud as mocal/tilton pumps, and they have been proven to last.

I don't know their website but google search "enginegear pump" and youll find it. I would suggest not going with a weldon/tilton/mocal due to their diaphragm design failing lately in other cars.
I PMed him the link last week

They get pissed when I post it since there a "non-sponsor"
Old 04-02-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kbracing96
I PMed him the link last week

They get pissed when I post it since there a "non-sponsor"
Yea i know the drill. Usually theyre pretty easy to spot online with a little searching. There is a new company that makes a slightly larger pump with a black casing that can run dry indefinately. Its also cheaper but it doesnt pump the same amount of oil (only 1.5gph vs 3) Im waiting to hear how it holds up.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the info guys i wasnt aware of the difference in the few pumps we can choose from. ill be ordering that tonight. also is anybody out there running a remote oil filter out back. i was thinking about doing this as just an extra since they are cheap insurance. the other question is should i run the filter before or after the pump, or scratch that idea.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by extremez97
thanks for the info guys i was aware of the difference in the few pumps we can choose from. ill be ordering that tonight. also is anybody out there running a remote oil filter out back. i was thinking about doing this as just an extra since they are cheap insurance. the other question is should i run the filter before or after the pump, or scratch that idea.
I wouldn't worry about it, the feed oil for the turbo has been just filtered by the engines filter and turbos run rather "loose" bearing tolerance's espacialy compared to the bearings in the motor so even if there was a little trash in it, it isn't likely to hurt the turbo.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

kb- ordered the gear drive pump from them today. i already had the remote filter- iwas just curious if anybody else did this or not or if it would create more of a problem with the pump trying to suck through the filter. just an idea for a little cleaner oil
Old 04-03-2007, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Another vote for scrapping the filter. You would literally be in a crowd of maybe 1 other guy that has run a filter in the feed line. These applications have worked really well for years with zero "oil quality" problems. I wouldn't worry about it and just make sure you don't overflow the turbo. Basically, make sure you get an inlet restrictor (function7 makes them) and a check valve to prevent oil from pooling in the turbo while the car sits (usually overnight). This will keep the car from smoking during cold start ups and boost and also help the turbo bearings. If you need part #s then post in here and ill try to find them. McMaster is the place to go for the CV
Old 04-03-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a check valve before the turbo, do I need a inlet restrictor also? What is it?
Old 04-03-2007, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

whats the part no of check valve and do you put that on your inlet side to close when there is no pressure form engine to open or from on outlet to keep from draing back??