Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Bull Run: Week 3 3/27/2007

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 06:28 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Bull Run: Week 3 3/27/2007

Another great episode. I actually got out of the garage on time to see it as opposed to waiting for the webcast. I'll post the link when they post it.

As always the Olds and Chevy bearly escape elimination due to vehicle break downs, this time it was the Mustang. They bent a pushrod and choose to have it towed even though they had a hour over the worst time and could have drove it on 7 cyl.

Its a tough break but if they can't keep it together what do you expect.

One thing that bugs me is the jamokes in the Olds from NY, what a bunch of knuckleheads, no one wants to ally with them cus its pointless. I do hope they leave next. At least the mexicans in the chevy are funny. The driver almost fell out of the car during the challange!! The Olds would have won but couldn't follow directions.

My fav team the Alsop's in the Trans Am, in 2nd place and like 15 mins off of the pace which is awesome, the father is playing between the Lotus and the Ford truck. I think this is going to backfire since all 3 are in the top 4, and the Lotus guys and Ford truck hate each other.

The T/A better start making moves to get some time bonuses.

On a side note, I started rolling when they were going through some twist and turns and the Stang guy's were freakin out. I have been to San Diego, We drove east over the mountians to the desert, those are some ****** hair pin turns, road's not wide enough and its 2 way, and you can only drive 10 miles an hour around.

Discuss!

Vid is posted

http://www.spiketv.com/shows/bullrun...des/index.html

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 03-29-2007 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was either lose a bulb or lose a mexican....I ******* LMAO
Old 03-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28

That was freaking great!!! WOOHOO for the T/A still hanging on. Another bonus bc its a girl driving!!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
yeah that was awesome
Old 03-29-2007, 07:34 AM
Internet Mechanic

I am intersted in who goes next.... any thoughts?

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 03-29-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The Mexicans crack me up!! I hate to say it, but I think they will be the next to go. Even though I would rather see the Olds go. The Charger dropped a lot of spots too! I was shocked to see what place they came in at the end.

I think the leaders should start going for the time bonuses also. They are getting to laid back, and if one of the top 3 keeps grabbing time bonuses, that would solidify the lead towardss the end when every minute counts. That would be my strategy.

The f-body team is pretty cool. It's good to still have at least one female driver left. And they are damn impressive, to say the least. They are driving well, playing teams against each other and doing a very nice job overall.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:12 AM
TECH Addict

another good episode!
Old 03-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by Tracer X
The Mexicans crack me up!! I hate to say it, but I think they will be the next to go. Even though I would rather see the Olds go. The Charger dropped a lot of spots too! I was shocked to see what place they came in at the end.

I think the leaders should start going for the time bonuses also. They are getting to laid back, and if one of the top 3 keeps grabbing time bonuses, that would solidify the lead towardss the end when every minute counts. That would be my strategy.

The f-body team is pretty cool. It's good to still have at least one female driver left. And they are damn impressive, to say the least. They are driving well, playing teams against each other and doing a very nice job overall.
Agreed about the T/A team, I have a feeling if they go for Time Bonuses and dont tell the Lotus team or Team F-150, its going to create a bad problem.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:41 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Anybody still hate the Lambo team? You got to still give them mad respect for doing the challenge without the spikes, even though they lost to the f-150!!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Internet Mechanic

Well he already wrecked the front end a'la Racoon style!
Old 03-29-2007, 11:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yeah, poor racoon, couldn't even roll under the car since it was so low!
I love how the Mexican said "Richy Rich's butler jumped out and grabbed that last time bonus." That was great!
Old 03-30-2007, 06:24 AM
Internet Mechanic

In 2002 a group of us went to LVD, on the way home someone had hit a racoon, and since there was a line of cars doing down the road, EVERYONE hit it. I see something under the car in front of us, then I saw a racoon flaying about, then we hit it. It bumped the floor 3 times, poor guy
Old 03-30-2007, 08:09 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yeah, the one on Bull Run, looked like it died on impact. Did you see the preview of next weeks show? The M3 guys look like they run into trouble. But it might just be more hype. Like when they did the preview and said "I think he hit the bus!!" Then you watch the show and find out it was only the spike pole, and not the actual car!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

i only caught the second half of this episode but i plan on watching it on demand later. what happened to the lambo, i saw his front bumper all messed up, he hit a racoon? agreed on the t/a as well which is also my favorite team. the guys in the old cars(the 57, the mustang, and the olds) cant really expect to keep those things together and compete with this caliber of cars in an endurance race. he was running the original 289!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:36 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 98hardtopSS
i only caught the second half of this episode but i plan on watching it on demand later. what happened to the lambo, i saw his front bumper all messed up, he hit a racoon? agreed on the t/a as well which is also my favorite team. the guys in the old cars(the 57, the mustang, and the olds) cant really expect to keep those things together and compete with this caliber of cars in an endurance race. he was running the original 289!
Yeah, the Lambo hit a big *** racoon at 70mph! The only older car I can see staying together would be the Charger. The chevy guys have a good chance of just passing out while driving! And the Olds Team should just give it up by now.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

The Lotus duo does a great job in keeping their Exige S looking good. I forgot that the car even existed until I saw my first Bullrun episode. I'll take it over a Trans Am any day.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very good episode. Mexicans are next to go. they would have been gone if the Mustang didnt break down. I am hoping the TA team takes it all the way...

TA FTW!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

What about the guy with the Olds . He thinks he is driving a Yenko , or something . He says " I don't want to trash a ten thousand dollar paint job " .
WTF , that thing is a heap !