Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Final results with new motor!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Final results with new motor!

Well, first and foremost I must send out another BIG thank you to Don (Slowhawk) and the rest of the Dez Racing crew for all the help with getting the car the way it should be and the way I want it. My buddy and I made the trek down from Maine yesterday for the final tune and dyno numbers and I must say I could not be happier. The car made 428 RWHP and 394 RWTQ with the dyno losing the tach signal at 6k RPM's and the curve still climbing. Mods are listed in the Sig.

Unfortunately on the way home, after getting into Maine and going through the Kittery Toll booths, I saw the blues in my rear view. An unmarked Maine state trooper that had apparently been sitting on the other side of the highway at the toll booth taking radar of southbound traffic. The officer said he clocked me at 85 by the time I hit the end of the guard rail (which is less than 1/8 mile, so I am calling BS on that one. But, I was lucky he did not tow the car due to my lack of Cats and exhaust that dumps before the rear-end (maine law says it must exit AFTER the pass. compartment.) So I wound up with a $215 speeding ticket and a $137 Ticket for "Operating a motor vehicle with incomplete exhaust." Needless to say I am looking at getting a Catted Y and a SLP LM2. Oh well, you pay to play.

A few pictures from the day.

Nick
Old 03-29-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice numbers. Too bad about the ticket! Damn cops!

Hey, is your car an M6 or automatic?

....and BTW, nice vanity plate. One of the advantages to having Maine tags, everything is still available
Old 03-29-2007, 10:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

very nice man, sucks that first day back ya get bagged though
Old 03-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

The car is an M6, stock 10 bolt and LS7 clutch / LS2 flywheel / 3.73's. The cop was doing his job, I can't fault him for that. I knew I was playing with fire by running catless with a LOUD exhaust up here. I get a lot of compliments on the plates, although I was weary of getting them because the car is not a hawk. I almost went with HIOFICR which in retrospect probably would have been a more fitting choice!

Nick
Old 03-29-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Viperguynick
The car is an M6, stock 10 bolt and LS7 clutch / LS2 flywheel / 3.73's. The cop was doing his job, I can't fault him for that. I knew I was playing with fire by running catless with a LOUD exhaust up here. I get a lot of compliments on the plates, although I was weary of getting them because the car is not a hawk. I almost went with HIOFICR which in retrospect probably would have been a more fitting choice!

Nick
My brother is living in Maine now. He almost got "MYSVT" for his Cobra.

You're right about the ticket. That sucker must be loud, mine is pretty loud and it has a big *** Bassani cat back.

Enjoy the car, the good weather is finally upon us!

Mark
Old 03-30-2007, 06:20 AM
11 Second Club

Not bad at all, enjoy the car should be great fun, just watch for those boys in blue. BTW what did you end up with for SCR? were the heads touched at all? Don't forget on a strong motor like that there is more to be had if you port that intake.

You going to take a few runs up at NED soon?

Last edited by DannoWS6; 03-30-2007 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:22 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Decent numbers.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:39 AM
11 Second Club

What airbox setup is that?
Old 03-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

Danno - The heads have not been touched, 62cc chambers for 11.1:1 SCR. I talked to Don about porting the intake, and while we both agree it would show some gains, I am just not at the point where I want to mess with having the car down again right now. Not to mention I have to spend some green on a new exhaust setup. That will most likely be a project for next winter's slumber. I am hoping to make it down to NED to make some runs, not sure when though as the weekends are pretty booked with Viper club events.

347fairless - That is the airbox that comes with the Suncoast WS-6 style hood that my car has. I love the way it looks when it is all cleaned up with a brand new filter, but man that filter gets FILTHY quick.

Thanks again for the comments everyone.

Nick
Old 03-30-2007, 09:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Nice number
Old 03-31-2007, 02:34 PM

Honestly, I'd be looking to finish that graph and hoping that there's more power over 6k rpm's.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:52 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Honestly, I'd be looking to finish that graph and hoping that there's more power over 6k rpm's.
There is no more #'s. On mph they roll over. Come to my dyno and get depressed
Old 04-01-2007, 01:28 AM
Staging Lane

Trust me, driveability wise, and compared to how it used to be, I am anything BUT dissapointed. The car runs awesome and pulls insanely hard for anything driven on the street. Especially up this way, we don't get to many cars making this kind of power.

Nick
Old 04-01-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice numbers. Sucks about the cops. They love to ruin a good time..lol
Old 04-01-2007, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
There is no more #'s. On mph they roll over. Come to my dyno and get depressed
Not quite sure what "On mph they roll over" means, but I'm gonna assume that your dyno reads on the low side by your post.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Not quite sure what "On mph they roll over" means, but I'm gonna assume that your dyno reads on the low side by your post.
it lost the rpm signal but if you reference MPH for the bottom of the graph then it would show the whole graph and not have that spot missing
Old 04-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by badpewter-z
it lost the rpm signal but if you reference MPH for the bottom of the graph then it would show the whole graph and not have that spot missing
What we are asking is what did it make it past it, does anyone know. Most heads and cam cars will go past 6,000rpm and sometimes makes more. It appears it was reved higher, did it keep going or drop off.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
What we are asking is what did it make it past it, does anyone know. Most heads and cam cars will go past 6,000rpm and sometimes makes more. It appears it was reved higher, did it keep going or drop off.
Y ou guy's are missing the point.When the tach signal gets engine noise it will jump which in turn drops the torque #'s and shut's the graph down reading by rpm(which the tach lead reads).If you put up the graph in mph instead of rpm and take out the torque it will show the whole graph.The car did pull to near 140mph.

If you tried to get a dyno # by rpm on our race cars the graph would be 1" wide on the screen.We run them by mph to see the full graph.

BTW-you can't race a dyno graph
Old 04-01-2007, 08:56 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

seems like it should make more power with those mods. don are you guys gonna get the dyno fixed? it went to 6800 rpms last time i was there on my car
Old 04-01-2007, 09:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by pdd
seems like it should make more power with those mods. don are you guys gonna get the dyno fixed? it went to 6800 rpms last time i was there on my car
Your kidding right

It's not a dyno problem,it is electrical noise from the car (I should of explained that above)that was on the dyno.Happens alot with Vette's that have bad grounds too.Thats all the power the car makes.The setup is basic and the motor was fully built at LME I think.Probly a lower than optimal compression,no underdrive pulley,unported FAST,wrong headers for the combo,anything can do it as you would definitely know