Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Few changes for Spring..

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 04:16 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Few changes for Spring..

I am not a fancy wheel/tire person but I always liked these front wheels, figured I'd snap a pic since I spent about 1/2 an hour cleaning the rotor/caliper so ti will be the last time it looks like that. I dont like the M/T rear wheels but I'm still deciding if I should narrow the rear before I decide for sure which rear wheels..

I'm not much on how a car looks really but I finally took the car to a real detail guy and man waht a difference, its almost like a new car. Didnt get a chance to take a pic outside yet all cleaned up but getting all the overspray from when I spray painted the roll cage off sure made a difference

Also added a large (but tasteful) procharger sticker on the back window, hopefully that will cut the 'does it have a turbo' question at the track down by at least 50% - well maybe..

Not much F! related but its nice out and I'm bored, wanted to get the car looking purdy before I beat it up
Old 04-02-2007, 04:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice meats !!!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking nice kevin...What are you doing with your other wheels?? =)
Old 04-02-2007, 04:27 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98turbls1
Looking nice kevin...What are you doing with your other wheels?? =)
Selling them eventually. Need to decide on what to do for rear wheels, have to decide if I'm going to narrow the rear or not. Dont feel like taking the car apart right now so I'll run the rear bogarts with the M/T fronts for a while..
Old 04-02-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks good, thats a sharp race car you got, maybe procharger will send some kickbacks for the sticker on the back...just maybe
Old 04-02-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

They look great!!
Old 04-02-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lookin bad *** Kev......
Ya reminded me i need to mount my tires on my new wheels too LOL

If ya narrow it ya might as well Mini-tub it LOL It never ends

Kyle
Old 04-02-2007, 05:03 PM
kp
8 Second Club

I'm not going to mini tub it ever, I'll do a four link and big tires if I start cutting..

SSilverSSurfer,

The guys at procharger have been cool with me for a while and have helped me out a few times on things. There are plenty of procharged cars out there way faster than mine that are much more deserving so I dont expect anything from ATI, but I really believe its a good product and dont mind putting a sticker on the window. I'm not kidding, at least 20 people ask me if it has a turbo every time I run the car, I actually took the 'ram air' stickers off the hood since the number one question I was asked was 'does it have Ram Air.'
Old 04-02-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kp
I'm not going to mini tub it ever, I'll do a four link and big tires if I start cutting..

SSilverSSurfer,

The guys at procharger have been cool with me for a while and have helped me out a few times on things. There are plenty of procharged cars out there way faster than mine that are much more deserving so I dont expect anything from ATI, but I really believe its a good product and dont mind putting a sticker on the window. I'm not kidding, at least 20 people ask me if it has a turbo every time I run the car, I actually took the 'ram air' stickers off the hood since the number one question I was asked was 'does it have Ram Air.'
thats cool, sounds like a great bunch of people over there, i didnt mean it in a serious way just joking around, youve proven it as a great product so keep up the good work, LOL to the 'ram air' thing and the turbo questions, i think its hillarious
Old 04-02-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kp
I actually took the 'ram air' stickers off the hood

'does it have Ram Air.'

Old 04-02-2007, 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
I actually took the 'ram air' stickers off the hood since the number one question I was asked was 'does it have Ram Air.'
dont ya hate that....like its a power adder or something...
Old 04-02-2007, 05:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
+1

Kp what wheels were you running before? Not sure if they're bogarts from your site.

I really like those rims as well, but I'm not sure if I have to grind with the stock brakes. I guess I'll wait until I get drag brakes.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:03 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by SScam68
+1

Kp what wheels were you running before? Not sure if they're bogarts from your site.

I really like those rims as well, but I'm not sure if I have to grind with the stock brakes. I guess I'll wait until I get drag brakes.
Bogart SS wheels, I'll still use the rears for a while. They look closer to the M/T fronts then the M/T rears do - I'm not a big fan of the M/T rear wheels.

No way these would even be close with stock calipers, there is maybe 1/4" of space between the caliper and the spokes. The bogart LS1 front wheel was like 2" away from the aerospace caliper.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

By any chance did you compare the weights of the two?

Car looks great BTW.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:19 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by SScam68
By any chance did you compare the weights of the two?

Car looks great BTW.
With lugs/centercaps and 4.5x26 ET fronts the M/T wheel is 2lbs lighter. But the M/T has new tires and the ones ones on the bogarts are 2.5 years old and pretty worn out.

I didint do it for the weight, mainly to pull the front tires under the body a little more and mostly for the looks. I didnt like the 'skinney spoke' alumistar/MT front wheels at first but its kind of grown on me..
Old 04-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Banned

Nice looking KP. Detail guys are great.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Coal Mining Director

Mega bling.....looks great.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kp

SSilverSSurfer,

Sadly(but proudly) I still rock the Procharger sticker on the back of my car and under the hood, I won't take em off the car until it runs faster with the turbo than it did procharged....at this rate it looks like they'll be on for a long long time.

Car looks great Kev, can't wait to see some more vid's of you running it down the track.
J
Old 04-02-2007, 07:57 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Sadly(but proudly) I still rock the Procharger sticker on the back of my car and under the hood, I won't take em off the car until it runs faster with the turbo than it did procharged....at this rate it looks like they'll be on for a long long time.
J
lol
Old 04-02-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frcefed98

Car looks great Kev, can't wait to see some more vid's of you running it down the track.
J

You poor soul Jer...Why don't you drop down about a 1000ft and then you'll definitely be able to run faster than the ole D1...

Quick Reply: Few changes for Spring..