Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a cheaper alternitave for fuel pump lines and fitting then going with S&P

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is there a cheaper alternitave for fuel pump lines and fitting then going with S&P

Hey im in the middle of putting an LS1 into an off road rock crawler. I read through the FAQ's but it was more one minded then anything.

I have a 98 Camaro LS1, and I will be running a basic fuel cell. I looked at the engine fuel line kit from street and performance and while it looks nice its also expensive and more show car then off road thrasher truck.

I cut the rubber fuel line right off the rail because it looked to be alot of stuff and saw more simplified pics out there.

I'm also looking for a fuel pump, filter and regulator if I need one and what lines.

I'd much rather do it myeslf instead of spending 300-400 hundred on the S&P stuff.

If this has been dicussed before you can just post the link or tell me what I need.

Thanks for the help

Dan
Old 04-02-2007, 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can buy hard line for a lot less. Aluminum or steel.

Are you doing an inline pump? Where are you planning on mounting the regulator or are you going to use the corvette style?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as fuel line goes from your fuel cell to your engine bay, definitely make your own. You can buy your own mild steel or stainless steel rolls of tubing on ebay. You can also pick up a used fuel rail, regulator, etc out of the Classified/For Sale section of this board. There are a lot of people scrapping their entire fuel systems in favor of all-aftermarket setups for big big horsepower.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Teching In

Yeah I'm going to run an inline pump, and why is it that I need a corvette regulator?

I thought I already had a regulator? or is the corvette easier.

Whats wrong with my rail?
Old 04-03-2007, 07:00 AM
11 Second Club

Nothing is wrong w/ your rail. Does it have a single line on it? If so you will probably want to run the '99 style corvette fuel filter/regulator they are built together into the fuel filter. You can search around here for more info on that.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:48 AM
Launching!

In my RX7 swap I used hi pressure rubber fuel line from Carquest and hose clamps and the stock fuel lines under the chassis. No problems in the 2+ years I've been driving it.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Teching In

It has 1 main rubber line and then another smaller line with a plastic round barrel pice (possably return.

I had to cut the main rubber line off the rail because it was held on with some fancy snap on clamp, the other line simply came off.

Dont get me wrong, I want to do thus right and so it will never fail but I would also like to keep affordable and have no need for the show car quality chrome braided lines that S&P sells.

I'd like to order this stuff up soon and could really use some part numbers for pumps, filters, adapters, line sizes, and if I need a different regulator and how to attach the new line to the fuel rail since the old one is still attached since I had to cut the rubber hose off it.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Launching!

That fancy snap is a quick disconnect. You can get a tool (about 99 cents at Autozone) to remove it. I cut the plastic line that was heat shrunk on it off and clamped the rubber hose to it. I put chrome painted split wire tubing (or whatever you call it) over it to help keep heat away.

Quick Reply: Is there a cheaper alternitave for fuel pump lines and fitting then going with S&P