Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel line on R or L side of frame?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel line on R or L side of frame?

I'm going to be throwing an LS1/T-56 from an F-body into a 2100 lb '65 AC Cobra replica I'm building. I'm early in the build and I am not buying the engine yet because 1. I have no room for it and 2. Most dismantlers have a 6 mo. warenty and with my day job this project is going to take me more than a year. Am I correct and assuming that the fuel line connection to the fuel rail is on the passenger side of the engine and that I should run my fuel line along the right frame rail not the left?

Mike
Old 04-14-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,

The fuel line comes to the fuel rail on the driver's side. IMO, the best thing to do is have a baffled tank with an in tank pump, then have a pressure regulator near the pump. The 99+ Corvette filter/Regulator is cheap and works well. Then run a single line up the driver's side of the car. There is more info on the pressure reg and plumbing in the FAQ sticky at the top of the page. Great project you are starting, should fly!

Pat
Old 04-15-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The F-Body fuel inlet is on the Driver side, but the Fuel rail can be flipped around so the inlet is on the passenger side..

I did this on my swap as the original fuel line was on the passenger side already and I didn't feel like rerouting the hard line.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, I'll just route on the passenger side and flip it because the brakes are on the left side and there is room for the regulator on right.

Pat, I'm using a 20 gal Crown Victoria tank, a '90 Mustang in tank pump, and the semi-returnless system from a '90-'93 Vette (Napa #FIL3737). Seems to be the hot hot-rod setup and I liked the idea of running only one line forward.

Mike
Old 04-16-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Many of us are using the 99+ Corvette FPR, it has the Filter and Regulator in one unit.